This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you guys want Microsoft to create a "Lost Odyssey 2" game for the Next Xbox?

#1SolnotPosted 1/24/2013 2:59:08 PM
Do you guys want Microsoft to create a "Lost Odyssey 2" game for the Next Xbox? - Results (117 votes)
Yes
82.05% (96 votes)
No
17.95% (21 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Should the first Lost Odyssey have a sequel?
#2scoobydoobydontPosted 1/24/2013 3:02:33 PM
Did you vote no in your own poll? lol I voted yes. I don't love JRPGs, but it's good to have all bases covered for library exclusives. Plus, I think however pathetic it could send a message to Japan that even now MS isn't "giving up" on it, even if they actually only do it for western 'boo audiences.
---
The writing was on the wall with Bioware the minute you could completely void all of your decisions with one choice in KOTOR.
#3squarex8264Posted 1/24/2013 3:26:26 PM
Lost Odyssey was a fine RPG, but it had a resolution and I don't really feel there's much left in that world. I wouldn't really care for a sequel in that universe and would rather Mistwalker just make a new RPG.
---
Gamertag: Squ4rex
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade
#4triple sPosted 1/24/2013 3:26:34 PM
They won't but I wish someone would.
---
GT:Triple S 06
PSN:Triple_S_09
#5vigorm0rtisPosted 1/24/2013 3:29:17 PM
I didn't appreciate LO, but why not? A lot of people did like it. Hell, a lot of people think it's the best JRPG on Xbox 360 (I liked Eternal Sonata), so a successor would be just fine.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#6Arucard05Posted 1/24/2013 3:46:56 PM
A direct sequel? No. A spiritual successor of sorts? Yes.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Home of the world famous Retroulette™.
#7Ryan2002Posted 1/24/2013 3:54:06 PM(edited)
Considering I have no idea what Mistwalker is doing, why not? If not another LO then at least another great turn based RPG that doesn't have Marumaru.
---
A Jose Canseco bat? Tell me...you didn't pay money for this.
http://tinyurl.com/45pdkzf http://oi48.tinypic.com/ip48x1.jpg http://oi40.tinypic.com/8x7i8o.jpg
#8scoobydoobydontPosted 1/24/2013 3:50:53 PM
squarex8264 posted...
Lost Odyssey was a fine RPG, but it had a resolution and I don't really feel there's much left in that world. I wouldn't really care for a sequel in that universe and would rather Mistwalker just make a new RPG.

It could continue to rip off old school FF and just reboot every installment with a fresh cast and setting.
---
The writing was on the wall with Bioware the minute you could completely void all of your decisions with one choice in KOTOR.
#9ironbruPosted 1/24/2013 3:55:29 PM(edited)
I voted no simply because I want it for the 360 instead, because if the rumors of the next 360 being more Kinect focused are true I won't be interested in the next Xbox at all.

It could continue to rip off old school FF and just reboot every installment with a fresh cast and setting.

How is a game that is made by the creator of Final Fantasy ripping off Final Fantasy? He isn't ripping it off, he is using / expanding / improving a formula he created.

---
Current Playing: Front Mission 4 (I finally imported a USA PS2), Forza Motorsport and Wipeout Series.
#10PurestProdigyPosted 1/24/2013 3:55:22 PM
squarex8264 posted...
Lost Odyssey was a fine RPG, but it had a resolution and I don't really feel there's much left in that world.

We know nothing about the world Kaim and the other immortals come from or the true extent of Gongora's motives. The next game could delve into that.
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[|||||||||||||]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]