This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Upcoming Kinect Exercise Games

#1Busta DustPosted 1/24/2013 8:13:01 PM
I have been out of the loop when it comes to xbox 360 gaming.

Is there any upcoming kinect exercise games on the radar?

I tried a quick google search and didn't really find any results.

I miss my game informer magz.
---
Greatest RPG character? FF6 Sabin
0389 8080 8935
#2h12456208Posted 1/24/2013 8:25:41 PM
In all honestly all Kinect, Wii, or PS Move exercise games are a JOKE. In order to burn fat or get any benefit out of a cardio workout you need to get your Heart Rate into the target heart zone. I have tried ALL of them either because my wife wanted to rent them (I refused to buy them) or at a friends house. And none of these got my heart rate over 110. You can get that by going for a powerful walk or getting a stepper that costs $20-$30 for your living room.
---
"The blackest eyes. The Devil's Eyes"
- Dr. Loomis - HalloweeN
#3scoobydoobydontPosted 1/24/2013 8:29:52 PM(edited)
I actually can't think of any. I think My Body Coach 3 was EU only, so if you're European there's that. Nike was the last US one I can remember. If you don't have Nike, get that, it's the best fitness game on Kinect IMO just because of all the devices you can use Nike stuff to.

edit: sounds like a personal problem, h. It's no different than watching a fitness dvd or going to the gym, you only get what you put into it. But I guess it's Kinect's fault you stopped short of pushing yourself, right?
---
The writing was on the wall with Bioware the minute you could completely void all of your decisions with one choice in KOTOR.
#4Busta Dust(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 5:56:14 AM
Yea I disagree with the first replied post.

I got UFC trainer; last night was my first time using it.

I did the fitness level test; then I tried a little bit of each exercise.

I was already sort of sore at this level; but I started the 60 day cut weight program.

I couldn't even finish the first day because I was already tired from the previous exercises.

Now my legs are very sore...the squats got me along with several other exercises I was doing.

My heart was going pretty fast on quite a few exercises...while I do attempt I didn't sweat; I had to stop because of my muscles.

Keep in mind I normally don't sweating till about a mile in on my runs.

I am 5'8 194 pounds. 2 years ago I was about 175 pounds.. I got promoted 2 years ago into a office position and my physical activity went down the drain; but my eating habits stayed the same.
---
0389 8080 8935
#5JKSonicPosted 1/25/2013 6:05:42 AM
From somebody who is very athletic, played sports in high school, had gym memberships, and tried some of the more expensive programs like Insanity and P90X.....

These are NOT A JOKE AT ALL. If they're a joke you're not doing them right or are already in peak condition. These are to get in shape and they are to maintain a decent condition. When using both the first gen Nike and Your Shape games I noticed a big different from when I had a fairly long lull of not working out.

I wouldn't say you should even buy the newer ones though as the older ones worked just fine and you should be able to find them cheap. That is I guess unless they've made some drastic improvements.
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
#6h12456208Posted 1/25/2013 6:09:18 AM
Busta Dust posted...
Yea I disagree with the first replied post.

I got UFC trainer; last night was my first time using it.

I did the fitness level test; then I tried a little bit of each exercise.

I was already sort of sore at this level; but I started the 60 day cut weight program.

I couldn't even finish the first day because I was already tired from the previous exercises.

Now my legs are very sore...the squats got me along with several other exercises I was doing.

My heart was going pretty fast on quite a few exercises...while I do attempt I didn't sweat; I had to stop because of my muscles.

Keep in mind I normally don't sweating till about a mile in on my runs.

I am 5'8 194 pounds. 2 years ago I was about 175 pounds.. I got promoted 2 years ago into a office position and my physical activity went down the drain; but my eating habits stayed the same.

I am not being rude. But if ANY video game exercise gets you sore than you are out of shape. Weight does not mean anything about SHAPE. My best friend is 6 ft and 180. No fat on the guy. But he cannot last 10-15 minutes playing a game of basketball but if you looked at him you would say he in in SHAPE. There is looking in shape and then there is actually being in shape.

Hey, these games are perfect for 90-95% of gamers. Just stand in a gamestop all day and you will see the people that go in. They are looks wise out of shape and/or physically out of shape. Otherwise these games are a joke. But they all started when Wii fit (the worst of them all) was shown on OPRAH and Good Morning America (which are watched primarily by women/mothers) and they went out and bought the system and their "exercise" games that do not even break a sweat on alot of us.
---
- Dr. Loomis - HalloweeN
#7h12456208Posted 1/25/2013 6:15:59 AM
JKSonic posted...
From somebody who is very athletic, played sports in high school, had gym memberships, and tried some of the more expensive programs like Insanity and P90X.....

These are NOT A JOKE AT ALL. If they're a joke you're not doing them right or are already in peak condition. These are to get in shape and they are to maintain a decent condition. When using both the first gen Nike and Your Shape games I noticed a big different from when I had a fairly long lull of not working out.

I wouldn't say you should even buy the newer ones though as the older ones worked just fine and you should be able to find them cheap. That is I guess unless they've made some drastic improvements.

I do a P90X/Insanity Hybrid workout which is more intense so maybe this is why these "video game workouts" do nothing.

I call it P90Xsanity.

My "recovery week" consists of Plyo X, Core Synergistics, Kenpo, Yoga X, Core Synergistics, than PLyo X on day 6. Each cardio workout is done with a 20 lb weight vest, along with ALL pull ups and push ups. Kenpo I add 5 lb ankle weights. My wife thinks I am wacked, but oh well.
---
- Dr. Loomis - HalloweeN
#8JKSonicPosted 1/25/2013 6:30:36 AM
h12456208 posted...
JKSonic posted...

I do a P90X/Insanity Hybrid workout which is more intense so maybe this is why these "video game workouts" do nothing.

I call it P90Xsanity.

My "recovery week" consists of Plyo X, Core Synergistics, Kenpo, Yoga X, Core Synergistics, than PLyo X on day 6. Each cardio workout is done with a 20 lb weight vest, along with ALL pull ups and push ups. Kenpo I add 5 lb ankle weights. My wife thinks I am wacked, but oh well.

Haha, well then maybe you're not the best judge if she should be getting one of these games 8o). Like I said I've tried a few of the bigger named workouts too and stuck with Insanity the whole way through.

From my experience Your Fitness is much lighter but depending on the workouts you do can be crazy too. The Nike one though was right up there with Insanity, even surpassing it in some ways.
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
#9Banana_ManaPosted 1/25/2013 6:34:49 AM
h12456208 posted...

I do a P90X/Insanity Hybrid workout.

I call it P90Xsanity.

Holy crap.

I do a p90X/Insanity hybrid workout too...

But I call mine:

InsaniP90xity.

Yours is better.

Well done.
---
A rubber band pistol was confiscated from algebra class because it was a weapon of math disruption.
#10Busta Dust(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 9:49:33 PM

I am not being rude. But if ANY video game exercise gets you sore than you are out of shape. Weight does not mean anything about SHAPE. My best friend is 6 ft and 180. No fat on the guy. But he cannot last 10-15 minutes playing a game of basketball but if you looked at him you would say he in in SHAPE. There is looking in shape and then there is actually being in shape.

Hey, these games are perfect for 90-95% of gamers. Just stand in a gamestop all day and you will see the people that go in. They are looks wise out of shape and/or physically out of shape. Otherwise these games are a joke. But they all started when Wii fit (the worst of them all) was shown on OPRAH and Good Morning America (which are watched primarily by women/mothers) and they went out and bought the system and their "exercise" games that do not even break a sweat on alot of us.

I guess I didn't make it clear in my original post..I am out of shape. lol I have been in a office position for more then 2 years but I have been eating like I was working at a very physical demanding job.(which is what my previous position was)

I did get into some running routines every now and then but it never lasted.

I am mainly shadow boxing(for 10 minutes) and doing quick workouts using UFC trainer. I am not going into it with a bad attitude and my heart rate is getting high.

I havn't broken a sweat yet..not a real one at least. But as I said before..in a 3 mile run..I won't start sweating till about half way.

I understand UFC trainer isn't going to get me to a high fitness level...but it is a start. I am just trying to get on a routine. I have to first get on a proper diet..and I am using UFC trainer to get my cardio back to a respectful level. As I continue I will incorporate a few more intense workouts in my routine...ultimately getting back to long distance running.
I also plan on adding some light weight lifting as well.

I am a fulltime worker and partime college student so I don't have tons of time on my hands; so the gym is out of the question.

Doing UFC trainer vs nothing is a no brainer...
---
0389 8080 8935