This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What games should I get?

#1samuellee60Posted 1/24/2013 9:03:55 PM
Hey guys,

I've owned three different 360's in my life, gotten rid of all of them, and am now looking to get a 4th (I know, I know). As it stands I am a PS3 freak, and an even bigger fan of the Vita (I'm always playing it). But for all my friends and both my brothers are all 360 owners and I want to play with them some too.

What games would you recommend someone getting for the 360 as of now? I am very ignorant concerning its library and all MS exclusives. I have relatively no idea of what games are or aren't on the 360 at the moment.

I have never played any game in the Mass Effect series, and thought I would start with them.

What else would you suggest?
I have all the assassin creeds on my PS3, along with all the lego games and a few others.

I like anything really, with the exception of survival horror games.
---
"Why you care about small things? World very simple place. World only have two things: Things you can eat and things you no can eat." - Quina
#2TheFeshPincePosted 1/24/2013 9:09:14 PM
Of course, Mass Effect is always a good choice.

If you're buying the Xbox to play with your family and friends, you should ask what they're playing lately.
---
You wanna make me a sandwich?
#3SqawksPosted 1/24/2013 9:22:06 PM(edited)
Try Gears of War 3. It has tons of co-op modes, including 4 player campaign, with a number of competitive modes also available. There's a demo on the marketplace if you're interested.

Halo 4 is worth a shot if you're looking for a FPS fix, though Reach and 3 still have players if you're not keen on spending too much. No demo, but watch gameplay to see if it's something you might enjoy.

Forza Motorsport is a racing simulator. 3, 4 and a spinoff known as Horizon are available on the 360. 4 is the most recent main title, Horizon was released late last year, and 3 is a bit older, but worth a play if you're not too worried about getting the most recent title.
---
The official Howard the Duck of the MvC3 board!
#4samuellee60(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 9:25:27 PM
Sqawks posted...
Try Gears of War 3. It has tons of co-op modes, including 4 player campaign, with a number of competitive modes also available. There's a demo on the marketplace if you're interested.

Halo 4 is worth a shot if you're looking for a FPS fix, though Reach and 3 still have players if you're not keen on spending too much. No demo, but watch gameplay to see if it's something you might enjoy.

Forza Motorsport is a racing simulator. 3, 4 and a spinoff known as Horizon are available on the 360. 4 is the most recent main title, Horizon was released late last year, and 3 is a bit older, but worth a play if you're not too worried about getting the most recent title.

Oh yes, I love demos.

I didn't care too much for Halo 3 or Reach, but I loved 1 and 2.

How is ODST? Is the multiplayer in 4 good as well?
I may have to get them.

Is Forza the Xbox's take on Gran Turismo?
---
"Why you care about small things? World very simple place. World only have two things: Things you can eat and things you no can eat." - Quina
#5SqawksPosted 1/24/2013 9:32:27 PM
samuellee60 posted...
Sqawks posted...

Oh yes, I love demos.

I didn't care too much for Halo 3 or Reach, but I loved 1 and 2.

How is ODST? Is the multiplayer in 4 good as well?
I may have to get them.

Is Forza the Xbox's take on Gran Turismo?

Community reception to Halo 4 has been somewhat mixed due to some missing playlists, and other assorted troubles, but at the end of the day, it's an excellent addition to the Halo franchise.

I have not played ODST, but from what I have seen from other posts around here and on the Halo 4 board, it's worth looking into.

As for Forza = GT on Xbox, you could say that. There are a number of differences, but if you like cars, it's the go-to game for racing.
---
The official Howard the Duck of the MvC3 board!
#6RayzerTagPosted 1/25/2013 12:06:15 AM(edited)
Absolutely don't ignore the Xbox's downloadable games; a great deal of the best games on the system are there, not retail. Be sure to check out:

Fez
Bastion
Trials: Evolution
Spelunky
Dust: an Elysian Tail
---
Baseless prediction as of 01/04/13 : the next Xbox will be called the Xbox On.
#7samuellee60(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 1:18:00 PM
Any other suggestions?

I'm picking up my 360 in a couple of hours.

I'd like to get a lot of cheap games to hold me over for a while.

I think I am going to get Army of Two, possibly the Devil May Cry HD collection and maybe a few others.
---
#8SunDevil77Posted 1/26/2013 1:23:53 PM
Buy Fable 2 and 3, Banjo: Nuts and Bolts, Viva Piņata, and Dust: An Elysian Tale. You'll thank me later.
---
Bro, when you tack on mass, you sacrifice flexibility. That's just a straight up fact
#9LapanuiPosted 1/26/2013 1:27:26 PM
RayzerTag posted...
Absolutely don't ignore the Xbox's downloadable games; a great deal of the best games on the system are there, not retail. Be sure to check out:

Fez
Bastion
Trials: Evolution
Spelunky
Dust: an Elysian Tail

Add Retro City Rampage to that list. Played through it twice and it's a great game.
8-bit graphics in an open world. It contains a lot of parodies from TV series, films, games and a bit of technology, all a mixture of modern and older/classic.
---
Intel i7 930 @ 3.2GHz, Zalman CNPS10X Extreme, EVGA x58 FTW Motherboard, Corsair Dominator 6GB DDR3, EVGA GTX 570, Corsair HX 650W Modular PSU.
GT: Zichu