This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gamers need to quite down says CA Senator. This article will make you angry

#21GGearXPosted 1/25/2013 11:05:32 AM
Geist posted...
Yea he goes after video games, but God forbid any one try to stop shark fin fishing that kills thousands of endangered animals simply so he can have soup.

But it's so tasty!
---
GT: KryDamoure *Insert cool line here *
.............I'm a very shy guy........
#22CammyApplePosted 1/25/2013 11:05:39 AM
seankimberley42 posted...
CammyApple posted...
Anyone that has visited Gamefaqs or played an online game would agree that gamers need to pipe the **** down. These are the same people who think the first amendment is applicable in online games.

Yup. Unfortunately we are on that same board with the aforementioned gamers so be prepared to be blasted.

I expect everything I post to be flamed by at least one person. How else could my ignore list continue to grow? I'm far too old to care what a generation raised on the internet thinks.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#23CammyApplePosted 1/25/2013 11:07:41 AM
zerooo0 posted...
CammyApple posted...
Anyone that has visited Gamefaqs or played an online game would agree that gamers need to pipe the **** down. These are the same people who think the first amendment is applicable in online games.

Yup. Unfortunately we are on that same board with the aforementioned gamers so be prepared to be blasted.

Gamers have every right to defend themselves though. As long as if they do it logically.(Half of them don't though)

This Senator guy has NO right to dismiss us gamers, and say we have no right in this argument to defend our rights.

He has the same "rights". This is where people get hung up, on perceived "rights". Did he go about it the right way, no.

You know what doesn't help the cause, pissing and moaning about it on Gamefaqs. Maybe take "the fight" to them? If one is serious about it that is.
---
#24sonicteam2k1Posted 1/25/2013 11:10:02 AM
from the comments...

"People like this make violence seem like a pretty good option. "
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#25GGearXPosted 1/25/2013 11:10:09 AM
CammyApple posted...
CammyApple posted...

I expect everything I post to be flamed by at least one person. How else could my ignore list continue to grow? I'm far too old to care what a generation raised on the internet thinks.

Anonymity at its finest. What do you mean Raised on Internet? My first computer sounds were "(dial tone) EEEEEEE ERRRRRRRRR BADUBADU"
---
GT: KryDamoure *Insert cool line here *
.............I'm a very shy guy........
#26WinternovaPosted 1/25/2013 11:10:38 AM
Thankfully Leland Yee is only a senator in the California State Senate. He's irrelevant on the national stage, apart from having his bill being struck down as being unconstitutional by the US Supreme Court. His only lasting legacy is his biggest failure...and a huge win for First Amendment proponents.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#27zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 11:12:54 AM(edited)
CammyApple posted...
zerooo0 posted...
CammyApple posted...

Gamers have every right to defend themselves though. As long as if they do it logically.(Half of them don't though)

This Senator guy has NO right to dismiss us gamers, and say we have no right in this argument to defend our rights.

He has the same "rights". This is where people get hung up, on perceived "rights". Did he go about it the right way, no.

You know what doesn't help the cause, pissing and moaning about it on Gamefaqs. Maybe take "the fight" to them? If one is serious about it that is.

No he has no rights. In fact, he's infringing on my rights by claiming that I have no right to defend myself. The Constitution gives me the complete right in our government to defend myself. The only way they can take that away is by taking away the first amendment.

He has nothing that can back up his claim, it's completely false logic. He has no right for that statement.
---
CoD>Dog Turd>Gaming Community>GFAQS Community
#28656stoogePosted 1/25/2013 11:12:48 AM
A bit hypocritical, don't you think? I mean, I'm sure this guy has a very healthy salary, and he's only attacking games so it looks like he's doing something in regards to the recent shootings, when really he's just avoiding the real issue because he knows that would lose him votes. So attacking games is in his best interest.
If these guys had any balls they cut this BS and look into the real issue: Gun control.

Because if you honestly believe a video game is more dangerous than a rifle or handgun then you have some serious issues.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ_wbc3Z5C8
#29CammyApplePosted 1/25/2013 11:14:15 AM
zerooo0 posted...
CammyApple posted...
zerooo0 posted...
CammyApple posted...

No he has no rights. In fact, he's infringing on my rights by claiming that I have no right to defend myself. The Constitution gives me the complete right in our government to defend myself. The only way they can take that away is by taking away the first amendment.

He has nothing that can back up his claim, it's completely false logic. He has no right for that statement.

If he had something to back up his claim would he suddenly have the right to make that statement?
---
#30ZackG31Posted 1/25/2013 11:14:52 AM
Can we petition to deport his ass.
---
Atheism is a terrible bet. It gives you no chance of winning the prize.