This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What games do you guys avoid?

#101BhaswaraPosted 1/26/2013 1:49:46 AM
"- Any game that uses hard difficulty as it's gimmick (Demon's Souls, I Wanna Be That Guy, etc.).
- "Artsy" games (Journey, Fez, Limbo, Braid... they don't impress me).
- Weeaboo games (Persona, Etrian Odyssey, and other games that get otaku jerks excited).
- MMORPG's we have to pay subscription fees for.
- FPS games that have a realistic war theme (CoD, Battlefield, Megal of Honor). I prefer ones like Doom and Halo."

actually I'm crazy 'bout Persona right now,especially P3 & P4. I love the characters
#102CojiroseanPosted 1/26/2013 1:51:12 AM
RTS, Rhythm, American shooters(stuff like Borderlands and Far Cry are the exception), stuff like Fire Emblem/Advance Wars.
---
"Whoa, you sure you're speaking Japanese there Daichi?"
#103MercuriusPhiPosted 1/26/2013 2:03:15 AM
Any game that says 'Call of Duty' that isn't immediately followed by a number equal to or lower than 3. That specific enough?

Also, sub-par RPGs; overhyped over-advertised franchises; console exclusives (barring if the first in a series was multi-platform); sports games in general; and finally games that pride themselves on the amount of DLC they can produce per year.
#104ADKETOPosted 1/26/2013 2:37:49 AM
Sports
Racing
Dance
Fighting
And superhero games, I just don't like how they pervert the movies lol.
#105Ampharos64Posted 1/26/2013 2:46:44 AM
Shooters
Sports games
Racing games
Fighting games
WRPGs
MMOs
Platformers
Puzzle games
Minigame collections/Party games
Rhythm action games
Movie tie-ins
Pretentious Indie games
Anything gory/violent/scary
Especially if there are zombies
Games where cute critters die (Harvest Moon games with lifespans for animals, pet games like that, Viva Pinata I guess)
Games that heavily rely on a touch screen/motion controls...not necessarily because I don't want to play them, because I can't, and I always regret it if I try. Nerve damage, ouch. >_<
Games with a premise I think is uninteresting

There can still be exceptions to some of the above, though.
#106IseleyPosted 1/26/2013 3:39:03 AM
First-person shooters. I know, that's what the system is almost exclusively known for, but I absolutely hate them. They're all the same in my mind.
---
--=*Proud supporter of LGBT rights*=--
It's Ashley or Ash, not bro, or son, or man.
#107majicray2112Posted 1/26/2013 3:46:19 AM
Real Time Strategy games, turn based rpg's, wrestling, fighting, boxing, and games like grand turismo which feature reality racing--I like arcade racing like motorstorm and burnout. I like games with a mix of genres like Deus Ex and Dishonored.
#108dcn2424Posted 1/26/2013 3:53:42 AM
FPS
RTS
RPG

Those 3 genres
#109dcn2424Posted 1/26/2013 4:06:16 AM
I also avoid all Kinect games
#110LandonioPosted 1/26/2013 4:15:45 AM
Arucard05 posted...
Bad ones.

---
ROLL TIDE
Playing:Halo 4, Dark Souls, Resident Evil 4: HD, Resident Evil 5: Gold, SF3: 3rd Strike Online, PB Winterbottom