This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What games do you guys avoid?

#41theIllusionary1Posted 1/25/2013 7:18:34 PM
Anything by Nintendo.

Seriously though, sports and fighting games are generally on my no-buy list.
---
There are two factors that influence how you view life: perception and reality. What you perceive is my illusion...the reality is that I'm already gone...
#42MinamoPosted 1/25/2013 7:21:54 PM
GGearX posted...
levyjl1988 posted...
Sports games, if I want to play sports I go outside. These games lack story.

This. Why play Madden when you can grab a ball and go outside? Lazyness?
Why play Fifa when you could play soccer outside?
And don't give me a BS argument like
"Why play CoD when you can join the army"

It's not the same.
I mean At least a Driving game or flight sim has a reason. You can't drive most cars or planes without alot of money.

B-b-but you can't be Bret Farve (or whoever plays sports and is popular these days) without a lot of money and years' worth of plastic surgery and practice!!!

I kid, and the "Why play CoD when you can join the army" argument always cracks me up. I still get surprised daily that people are THAT stupid.
#43vigorm0rtisPosted 1/25/2013 7:25:30 PM
Minamo posted...

I kid, and the "Why play CoD when you can join the army" argument always cracks me up. I still get surprised daily that people are THAT stupid.

To be fair, I play Batman games because I actually do want to be Batman.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#44Overlord HikashPosted 1/25/2013 7:34:46 PM
Most FPS games, most sports games, all rhythm games, and all move/kinect games.
---
100% CJ = 100% victory
tbh, Chris Johnson should go back... to Mount Olympus. - Bio_Insanity
#45SunDevil77Posted 1/25/2013 7:38:28 PM
GGearX posted...
levyjl1988 posted...
Sports games, if I want to play sports I go outside. These games lack story.

This. Why play Madden when you can grab a ball and go outside? Lazyness?
Why play Fifa when you could play soccer outside?
And don't give me a BS argument like
"Why play CoD when you can join the army"

It's not the same.
I mean At least a Driving game or flight sim has a reason. You can't drive most cars or planes without alot of money.

Are you able to join your favorite team?
Play in your favorite parks/stadiums?
Control an entire team?

FIFA, for example, is more of a strategy game than anything else.
---
Bro, when you tack on mass, you sacrifice flexibility. That's just a straight up fact
#46elconoMPosted 1/25/2013 7:38:43 PM
sports, fighting (other than Soul Calibur), flight sim, modern/historical shooters
---
xbL gT @ megatr0n e5kim0 ^^^ Casual player of Pokemon and Animal Crossings. Currently Lv. 10ish in Borderlands 2
#47_S0FTButtCheeksPosted 1/25/2013 7:39:50 PM
Puzzle Platformers can die
---
instagram.com/softbuttcheeks
Broncos > poop > your favorite team
#48Erupt50Posted 1/25/2013 7:55:24 PM
I wouldn't play a jrpg if you paid me to. I'm also not a fan of racing games(although I have enjoyed a couple need for speed games).
---
PSN- Erupt50 XBL- Erupt50
#49G-NsericoPosted 1/25/2013 7:58:29 PM
Lets see: sports, dance/music games, fighting games, button mashers, and in recent times FPS and TPS, at least if they are not combined with RPG elements ala Borderlands or Deus Ex.

There was a time when I loved FPS, but I finished getting tired of them. The last one I think I played was CoD: Blops, and it was very boring, generic, linear and a dramatically "meh" experience.

The genres that I like nowadays are RPGs (especially JRPGs), hybrid FPS or TPS / RPG, RTS, action adventure, adventure, graphic novels / interactive dramas, stealth games, survival horror and puzzle games.
#50MatrixAndrAIaPosted 1/25/2013 8:06:04 PM
First person shooters - in general. They're not single player focused, and I hate playing games with people overall. I am not a social gamer. There are a few here and there that I like - mostly older games like Doom 3.

Sports games - never been my thing. Nothing against them though.

JRPGs - a bunch of whiny kids band together to save the world? Yeah, no. I used to play games like this when I was younger and I really liked them. Post FFX I didn't like them anymore.
---
Your name is sung and tattooed now on my heart - here I will carry you forever
Carry Tori Amos