This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What games do you guys avoid?

#61AtalalamaPosted 1/25/2013 8:04:01 PM
EnemyWithin88 posted...
I avoid all sports games like basketball football baseball soccer some hockey is alright here and there.

How about you guys?

Most sports games, though the more arcade-y ones are usually fun.
Most FPS...just because I'm sick of them.
Most self-insert RPGs, as I usually fall asleep playing them.
Imagine games & their ilk: Shovel-ware.
Games that are punishingly hard. I like a good challenging game. I dislike unfairly challenging games.
#62Toxicum_SPosted 1/25/2013 8:04:53 PM
SS_MetalSonic posted...
games that dont have gameplay and only need to point and click like RTS and JRPG

Maybe this is because you need at least half brain to play them ? ;)
#63DavCubePosted 1/25/2013 8:08:43 PM
-Racers/Driving Combat (Lost interest)
-Sports (Lost interest)
-Rhythm/Music/Dance (Too simple)
-Visual Novel (Too simple)
-MMOs (Dislike monthly fee/endless game in a world with an otherwise complete story)
-City Sandbox (Dislike the associated tropes. I have respect for the stories, but I couldn't be bothered to care.)
-Pure Puzzle (Lost interest)
-Party (Lost interest)
-Minigame Niche/"Casual" (I use the term in the broadest sense possible since the word has been yanked so much it's lost meaning, but you know, all the Imagine stuff that was on DS and crap, all the Kinest nonsense)
-"Immature" (Reliance purely on gutter humor or gross-out humor beyond the need for any parody game)
---
http://backloggery.com/davcube
#64Gunvalkyrie2Posted 1/25/2013 8:08:46 PM
Lego, sports, licensed
---
It's not just a rumor, I heard it on Gamefaqs.
#65Gunvalkyrie2Posted 1/25/2013 8:10:33 PM
AND FIGHTING
---
It's not just a rumor, I heard it on Gamefaqs.
#66NejiHyuga900Posted 1/25/2013 8:40:10 PM(edited)
Video game genre I am avoiding:
- Sports (excluding Extreme Sports games like Tony Hawk, Skate, etc.)
- Third-person shooter (excluding Gears of War)
- Racing games (unless if they are Mario Kart games, Sonic racing games, or F-Zero games)
- Puzzle games (but there may be some puzzle games I would like such as Portal)
- Fighting games (excluding Mortal Kombat games and perhaps some other fighting games. I am not good at fighting games in general which is why I am avoiding them)
- Rhythm games (excluding Guitar Hero, Rock Band games, or any guitar-based games. I love Guitar Hero; it is one of my favorite video game franchise of all time (my two favorite GH games are GH: Metallica and GH: Warriors of Rock). I am just omitting singing and dancing games)
- MMORPG (but I might play World of Warcraft and Star Wars: The Old Republic but I would only play them for story for now. I don't like paying a monthly subscription to be playing them though. I played RuneScape and I liked it at first but it eventually got boring. Plus, I hate PvP in MMORPG games.)

Video game series/franchises I am avoiding:
- Call of Duty: World War II (I have no interest in the classic CoD games)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (For now at least. I prefer Treyarch's CoD games over Infinity Ward's CoD games since Treyarch adds features that I want in their CoD games. Plus, I hardly remember anything from the Modern Warfare campaigns)
- Gears of War (I loved the first one and the first GoW game was my first Xbox 360 game. I skipped GoW2. But I have played the third one and I was terrible at it. I am just going to avoid this franchise for now since I am no longer good at it)
- Grand Theft Auto (the only thing I do in these games are entering the weapons cheat and go on a rampage in the city... and nothing else)
- Assassin's Creed (I liked the first game a little bit but I am not really interested in the series. I seen some multiplayer gameplay too for other AC games and they don't appeal to me.)

Video game companies I am avoiding:
- Electronic Arts (since they now use online passes)
- Infinity Ward (I am lost interest in their CoD Modern Warfare games and I have no interest in their CoD1 and CoD2. I am just going to buy Treyarch's CoD games since they satisfy me)
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag & Nintendo Network ID: TDPNeji
Steam ID: NejiHyuga900
#67thirdsagePosted 1/25/2013 8:47:51 PM
First Person Shooters (except Left 4 Dead).
#68ElizabethLakePosted 1/25/2013 8:48:27 PM
RTS, sim, turn based RPG, and past few years FPS. Anything else is good to go.
---
"you will find you spend a good deal of your life sitting at red lights"
#69Erupt50Posted 1/25/2013 8:50:29 PM
Toxicum_S posted...
SS_MetalSonic posted...
games that dont have gameplay and only need to point and click like RTS and JRPG

Maybe this is because you need at least half brain to play them ? ;)

Agree. If you enjoy those games you more than likely only have half a brain ;)
---
PSN- Erupt50 XBL- Erupt50
#70huynh2erPosted 1/25/2013 9:00:46 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]