This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Microsoft should be ashamed of themselves for charging for stupid looking crap

#121Rome218Posted 2/1/2013 9:41:33 PM
Also I like having a custom avatar. I like to get on full house poker and use MY avatar and not look like every one else. Why do you have a problem with that?

You live in Wa, State. My favorite State. How would you like me to tell you which coffee shack to go to? :P

If you live in Wa State and don't drink coffee.. that is strange.. but you get what I'm saying.
---
HP Pavilion | Windows 7 | 700 gb HDD | 17' lcd display | Speakers | 3 USB Ports | HDMI port | Wireless-N | DVD/CD Read/Write
#122LonnyJohnson(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 10:26:13 PM
Rome218 posted...
Yikes I do not know if I ever saw one TC get this much hostility on the 360 boards. Although I am usually on the game boards more than here..

Seriously though, I don't see why people care what other people buy. They're not asking to borrow money from you to support their hobby. How does any of this affect your life?

The answer should be: It doesn't.

If it does.. then I am sorry for you. :P

By all means if you want to spend your dollars on this stuff go ahead...surely this thread ain't stoppin you from buying some TRICKED OUT VIRTUAL CLOTHING YO. I was just raised differently and taught the importance and value of money. MS have basically created a money store and have us spending money on our couches. They make soooo much money off of stupid crap like this that it's unfair. I'm just saying, people should take a look at the bigger PICTURE of it all before they're so willing to give these corporations their money thats all I'm trying to say here.
---
Lonny "Booty" Johnson
#123Rome218Posted 2/1/2013 11:24:36 PM
LonnyJohnson posted...
Rome218 posted...
Yikes I do not know if I ever saw one TC get this much hostility on the 360 boards. Although I am usually on the game boards more than here..

Seriously though, I don't see why people care what other people buy. They're not asking to borrow money from you to support their hobby. How does any of this affect your life?

By all means if you want to spend your dollars on this stuff go ahead...surely this thread ain't stoppin you from buying some TRICKED OUT VIRTUAL CLOTHING YO. I was just raised differently and taught the importance and value of money. MS have basically created a money store and have us spending money on our couches. They make soooo much money off of stupid crap like this that it's unfair. I'm just saying, people should take a look at the bigger PICTURE of it all before they're so willing to give these corporations their money thats all I'm trying to say here.

Well I can tell people that beer is a waste of money(Although I won't, because I love beer). It gets me buzzed and then it goes straight down the pisser, right?

People waste money on things like the ultimate edition of a game, doesn't bother me none. I don't see a reason behind it, but I don't have to. That's what makes this America.

What you do doesn't have to be a social norm. If people don't approve, just wave them the finger and move on.
---
HP Pavilion | Windows 7 | 700 gb HDD | 17' lcd display | Speakers | 3 USB Ports | HDMI port | Wireless-N | DVD/CD Read/Write
#124OmegaPillowPosted 2/2/2013 1:32:16 AM
gabrius posted...
OmegaPillow posted...
gabrius posted...
Um.... nobody's been talking about for pages, son.

What? Looks like fanboys lack brain cells also

Gimme the socially awkward troll back, this one isn't gonna be much fun at all!

Also, this "fanboy" has a PS3 game collection that's likely triple the size of yours - might wanna just try shutting the hell up in the future instead of joining a conversation nobody wants you to be a part of.

I have a 360 and ps3, doesn't mean I'm not biased I love my 360 more
---
Psn: An_Axe_Murderer 360: An Axe Murd3r3r capcoms defense force damage control on sfxt::http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/999533-street-fighter-x-tekken/62143163
#125gabriusPosted 2/2/2013 5:19:42 AM
Fanboy.
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
#126SunDevil77Posted 2/2/2013 5:20:01 AM
LonnyJohnson posted...
Rome218 posted...

Dear god. I actually laughed out loud.

Did you honestly just try to use "it's unfair" as a valid argument?
It's unfair that a company makes money...
Inform me when you pass 5th grade, young grasshopper.
---
Now I know what a TV dinner feels like.
#127ObtikPosted 2/2/2013 5:31:40 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#128JKSonicPosted 2/2/2013 5:49:48 AM
How in the world is this topic still going? I've been avoiding posting in it hoping it would die and it just keeps rising back up!

I'd really be curious to take a gander around the TC's residency and found how many things he owns that he doesn't "need". Things that at least to someone would be considered a waste.

Topic should have been over with this statement - Different things have different values to different people, and unless it's something that is severely harming them or others then it's really not your place to say if somebody finds value in something. I'd be worried more about EA charging for what amounts to cheat codes in their sports games that MS charging for virtual clothing. Then again the problem with being upset about virtual clothing is that you're a hypocrite if you're not then upset about EVERYTHING virtual. I mean you do realize TC, that when you're driving a car in Forza you're not ACTUALLY driving a car right? Or when you're wasting time in Skyrim by hunting deer you're not ACTUALLY hunting deer in a real place...right?
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
#129LonnyJohnson(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 9:31:40 AM
JKSonic posted...
How in the world is this topic still going? I've been avoiding posting in it hoping it would die and it just keeps rising back up!

I'd really be curious to take a gander around the TC's residency and found how many things he owns that he doesn't "need". Things that at least to someone would be considered a waste.

Topic should have been over with this statement - Different things have different values to different people, and unless it's something that is severely harming them or others then it's really not your place to say if somebody finds value in something. I'd be worried more about EA charging for what amounts to cheat codes in their sports games that MS charging for virtual clothing. Then again the problem with being upset about virtual clothing is that you're a hypocrite if you're not then upset about EVERYTHING virtual. I mean you do realize TC, that when you're driving a car in Forza you're not ACTUALLY driving a car right? Or when you're wasting time in Skyrim by hunting deer you're not ACTUALLY hunting deer in a real place...right?

Because virtual things are the same as things that have actual weight and you can feel and see with your own two eyes. You can keep using your own flawed logic, like many others in this thread to justify purchasing virtual objects with real money. Thing is when I buy a car in Forza I am not spending money I earned. I am spending the in games money. How does that at all correlate with me spending the assets I've earned working on virtual clothing that I technically still don't even own?

People like you are kinds that discourage any kind of change or discussion. You just blindly follow any set rules or guidelines. Just because it was there means thats the way it should be. If MS made it where we could somehow unlock clothing with our achievement points then I would have no problem with these things. It would make more sense than spending my money on clothing that will never leave the virtual world. MS is greedy, there's not debating that. Keep giving them your money though! Capitalism is you America!
---
Lonny "Booty" Johnson
#130SunDevil77Posted 2/2/2013 9:41:33 AM
LonnyJohnson posted...
JKSonic posted...

Because virtual things are the same as things that have actual weight and you can feel and see with your own two eyes. You can keep using your own flawed logic, like many others in this thread to justify purchasing virtual objects with real money. Thing is when I buy a car in Forza I am not spending money I earned. I am spending the in games money. How does that at all correlate with me spending the assets I've earned working on virtual clothing that I technically still don't even own?

People like you are kinds that discourage any kind of change or discussion. You just blindly follow any set rules or guidelines. Just because it was there means thats the way it should be. If MS made it where we could somehow unlock clothing with our achievement points then I would have no problem with these things. It would make more sense than spending my money on clothing that will never leave the virtual world. MS is greedy, there's not debating that. Keep giving them your money though! Capitalism is you America!

Watch out boys, this troll has just taken this topic to a new level of stupid.
---
Now I know what a TV dinner feels like.