This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Microsoft should be ashamed of themselves for charging for stupid looking crap

#131JKSonicPosted 2/2/2013 11:03:19 AM
Thing is when I buy a car in Forza I am not spending money I earned. I am spending the in games money

I'm not trying to be mean I just fail to see the point of complaining to the degree that you are. EVERYTHING in gaming is virtual so unless you're pirating stuff you're being hypocritical by being a gamer at all. You understand that right? Even in Forza there's tons of extra "virtual" cars you can purchase too. NOTHING in gaming is real and you're only ever buying the rights to use the software as long as they want you to use it. I just fail to see your point when everything in gaming is what you describe as "me spending the assets I've earned working on virtual clothing that I technically still don't even own " Yes, you own a physical disc if you buy a game but you're still only technically licensing the software to play it, you don't own jack but a piece of plastic.

People like you are kinds that discourage any kind of change or discussion. You just blindly follow any set rules or guidelines. Just because it was there means thats the way it should be.

Are avatar props/clothing stupid and way overpriced? YES! I agree they are! But, you don't have to buy them, they are there to sponge up the excess MSP people have and for the occasional person who actually wants to purchase MSP for the sole purpose of getting avatar stuff. They even give you FREE avatar stuff sometimes in games as rewards, props, clothing, all kinds of stuff. Shoot there's even been times that MS has just flat out given away free avatar stuff...no purchase required at all.

MS is greedy, there's not debating that. Keep giving them your money though! Capitalism is you America!

Maybe they are, but if they weren't greedy they'd fail...that's business. The problem with capitalism is that it's a two way street, you can't blame businesses because it's the normal people's job to keep the businesses in check. Only issue there is that everybody is so damn lazy nowadays that nobody keeps businesses in check.

So yes, yes you have valid points but the problem is that it's gaming as a whole...it's not just limited to avatar clothing. And until "the people" start keeping bigger companies in check again then they're going to run over us.
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
#132LonnyJohnson(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 2:06:01 PM
JKSonic posted...
Thing is when I buy a car in Forza I am not spending money I earned. I am spending the in games money

I'm not trying to be mean I just fail to see the point of complaining to the degree that you are. EVERYTHING in gaming is virtual so unless you're pirating stuff you're being hypocritical by being a gamer at all. You understand that right? Even in Forza there's tons of extra "virtual" cars you can purchase too. NOTHING in gaming is real and you're only ever buying the rights to use the software as long as they want you to use it. I just fail to see your point when everything in gaming is what you describe as "me spending the assets I've earned working on virtual clothing that I technically still don't even own " Yes, you own a physical disc if you buy a game but you're still only technically licensing the software to play it, you don't own jack but a piece of plastic.

People like you are kinds that discourage any kind of change or discussion. You just blindly follow any set rules or guidelines. Just because it was there means thats the way it should be.

Are avatar props/clothing stupid and way overpriced? YES! I agree they are! But, you don't have to buy them, they are there to sponge up the excess MSP people have and for the occasional person who actually wants to purchase MSP for the sole purpose of getting avatar stuff. They even give you FREE avatar stuff sometimes in games as rewards, props, clothing, all kinds of stuff. Shoot there's even been times that MS has just flat out given away free avatar stuff...no purchase required at all.

MS is greedy, there's not debating that. Keep giving them your money though! Capitalism is you America!

Maybe they are, but if they weren't greedy they'd fail...that's business. The problem with capitalism is that it's a two way street, you can't blame businesses because it's the normal people's job to keep the businesses in check. Only issue there is that everybody is so damn lazy nowadays that nobody keeps businesses in check.

So yes, yes you have valid points but the problem is that it's gaming as a whole...it's not just limited to avatar clothing. And until "the people" start keeping bigger companies in check again then they're going to run over us.

So what does buying a game (which is physical property) have to do with this avatar cash grabs?

I just suggest that MS take a different strategy with them if they choose to incoporate these things into the next console. Let us spend our achievement points on them! Is that so hard to fathom? Gaming has been one of my favorite hobbies for years, I don't understand why people are okay with these money hungry vultures running everything.
---
Lonny "Booty" Johnson
#133JKSonicPosted 2/2/2013 4:01:48 PM
So what does buying a game (which is physical property) have to do with this avatar cash grabs?

What entertainment do you get out of that disc outside of the virtual realm? Do you use it as a frisbee? Do you spin it on your table? Use it as a light catcher? Point is even if it's a physical disc you still don't "own the game" and the only enjoyment you get out of it is virtual.
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
#134LonnyJohnson(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 4:04:48 PM
JKSonic posted...

What entertainment do you get out of that disc outside of the virtual realm? Do you use it as a frisbee? Do you spin it on your table? Use it as a light catcher? Point is even if it's a physical disc you still don't "own the game" and the only enjoyment you get out of it is virtual.

Think about what you just said for a minute.

What options do we have with games after we are done with them?
---
Lonny "Booty" Johnson
#135dcn2424Posted 2/3/2013 3:34:27 AM
Sell it, trade it or give it to someone else to play.
#136LonnyJohnson(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 2:39:13 PM
dcn2424 posted...
Sell it, trade it or give it to someone else to play.

Of course no response from the fanboy.
---
Lonny "Booty" Johnson
#137Banana_ManaPosted 2/4/2013 8:13:37 AM
Gabrius circle jerk?

Why was I not informed thusly?

Am I too late?

Am I?

Damnit.

On topic: Shame on you TC.

*Shakes head*
---
An Englishman, an Irishman and a Scotsman walk into a bar. The barman looks at them and says: "Is this some kind of a joke?
#138LonnyJohnson(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 3:05:04 PM
Banana_Mana posted...
Gabrius circle jerk?

Why was I not informed thusly?

Am I too late?

Am I?

Damnit.

On topic: Shame on you TC.

*Shakes head*

Every thread in the xbox 360 general is a gabrius circle jerk.
---
Lonny "Booty" Johnson
#139gabriusPosted 2/4/2013 3:14:51 PM
Try really hard, and people might like you too one day!

......probably not, though.
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
#140Banana_ManaPosted 2/5/2013 3:34:08 AM
gabrius posted...
Try really hard, and people might like you too one day!

......probably not, though.

There he is.

Quick form a circle.

C'mon guys, get in here.
---
An Englishman, an Irishman and a Scotsman walk into a bar. The barman looks at them and says: "Is this some kind of a joke?