This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you think Microsoft will still charge for Xbox Live Gold on the Next Xbox?

#1SolnotPosted 1/25/2013 10:31:11 PM
Do you guys think Microsoft will still charge for Xbox Live Gold on the Next Xbox? - Results (316 votes)
Yes, and Microsoft will raise the cost of a yearly Gold subscription
41.77% (132 votes)
Yes, and Microsoft will keep the cost of a yearly Gold subscription the same
50% (158 votes)
Yes, and Microsoft will lower the cost of a yearly Gold subscription
3.16% (10 votes)
No, Microsoft will make Xbox Live Gold free to everybody
5.06% (16 votes)
This poll is now closed.
How will Microsoft handle Xbox Live Gold for the next gen?
#2GBPACKERZPosted 1/29/2013 3:53:59 PM
I hope it doesn't go free. It'd be as crappy as PSN.

However I wish they would change it so you can watch netflix on silver.
#3DADDYISSUESPosted 1/29/2013 3:57:24 PM
Yes they'll charge.

It'll stay the same price as a retail game unless that changes too.

There is no reason not to. Playstation online has been free for over a decade, it has yet to cause Microsoft any worry about charging for live. Competitors have been given more than enough chance to match it, the fact that they resort to a rental service instead of an online service speaks volumes.
---
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a41/iceageco/darth_hamlet.jpg
#4TBONE_OGPosted 1/29/2013 4:08:23 PM
They should lower it to 30 or 40 bucks. Anyone with a brain pays that much anyways.
---
Always O.G.
#5Reel_Big_MikePosted 1/29/2013 4:10:31 PM
They'll charge b/c they'd be absolutely insane not to. I don't think they'll raise the price again, but I think that they could get away with $70/year. Especially since any semi-savvy consumer knows they don't pay full price anyway.
#6Erupt50Posted 1/29/2013 4:20:24 PM
I know a lot of people complain about paying for xbl but trust me, you don't want psn quality online services which is what you would get if it was free. Hopefully they just keep it the same price.
---
PSN- Erupt50 XBL- Erupt50
#7flame030191Posted 1/29/2013 4:22:33 PM
They're going to raise the price most likely. They've already hinted that they will raise it soon by reminding about all the apps you get to use
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
The more people post on GameFaqs, the more I lose faith in humanity.
#8flame030191Posted 1/29/2013 4:27:15 PM
Honestly, I really want to know something.

All who claim PSN is "garbage", whats your reasoning? You have never used/compared it? You haven't touched it since before 09? Still holding Anon against Sony? Or just trying to justify $60 a year?
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
The more people post on GameFaqs, the more I lose faith in humanity.
#9melvin343Posted 1/29/2013 4:29:26 PM
I got use to paying Xbox Live for a long time and to me, it's just a regular Bill the way I see it but I do try to find cheap 1 year Gold whenever I can but Amazon has them cheap so I try them first. [the same thing goes for PS Plus]
Until we get to E3 this year, we shall see what MS will do for Xbox Live.
P.S, Hey MS please no more Gears and Halo in next-gen please. It is time for something new Exclusive.
---
Brad Pitt, There's no silencer on that shotgun. How are you supposed to kill anyone softly without a silencer?
XBOX GT: Player1mj117. PSN: playmaker45.
#10rdking96Posted 1/29/2013 4:46:12 PM
melvin343 posted...
I got use to paying Xbox Live for a long time and to me, it's just a regular Bill the way I see it but I do try to find cheap 1 year Gold whenever I can but Amazon has them cheap so I try them first. [the same thing goes for PS Plus]
Until we get to E3 this year, we shall see what MS will do for Xbox Live.
P.S, Hey MS please no more Gears and Halo in next-gen please. It is time for something new Exclusive.

You DO realize that 343 just took over Halo and have plenty more to work on right? Halo isn't going anywhere anytime soon. It's the face of Xbox and sells millions of copies. They'd be fools not to make more!

But yes...I do agree that we need more original IP exclusives.
---
"There won't be any money...but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness...So I got that goin' for me - which is nice."