This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Here's what the next XBox really, REALLY needs...a better setup process.

#1JKSonicPosted 1/26/2013 9:44:52 AM
First off it needs better instructions inside on how to set it up properly, these need to be instructions that you can't miss! Wrap the freaking system in them I don't know. They need to be extremely clear and tell people not only what cables to use but how to set the XBox's settings to get the proper picture as well. Should even give generic advice on your TV's settings and what each cable does too. You'd think what comes with it now would be clear enough...apparently it is not.

Then OUT OF THE BOX it should come set up for HDTV's. The also need a switch on the back (similar to the first model of the 360) to easily switch it back to standard for all the people who how standard TV's. Include something in the box that says "If you don't have a picture READ THIS" and tells people to flip the switch.

The reason I say this is because the amount of people I have seen (including friends and family members that should absolutely 100% know better) or read about online with their XBox's and/or TV's set up wrong this generation has blown my mind! One person works for a freaking tech firm and another is in a household where they recently built their first PC...in almost every case these are people that should know better.

Maybe I'm in the minority here I don't know, but my mind has been blown by the amount of times I've walked into a house only to see the XBox not set on HD or even set at the wrong aspect ratio.
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
#2FredSavage27Posted 1/26/2013 11:50:37 AM
People are idiots who think that a stretched 480i picture is HD. I've seen cable boxes set up the same way. The only way to make the setup easier is to pay Best Buy a couple hundred bucks to do it for you.
#3JKSonic(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 2:20:31 PM
That's why the default out of the box just needs to be for the correct aspect ratio and resolution, lol. And yes the "Geek Squad" is about 25% real and 75% scam...
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
#4Deathx113Posted 1/26/2013 2:30:12 PM
Uh.. am I the only one who didn't need help setting up the easiest and almost automatic process in gaming? xD
---
Name: Ernest (Yes, I've been to camp)
Add me, GT/PSN: Deathx113
#5BeefEasterPosted 1/26/2013 2:36:06 PM
too true

I recently went to my mom's house and her boyfriend was playing on an lcd hdtv and the first thing I noticed was that the picture was all stretched out

I go to settings and he had it set to 480p with 4:3 aspect ratio

he had been playing that way for over a year
#6JKSonic(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 2:39:18 PM
too true

I recently went to my mom's house and her boyfriend was playing on an lcd hdtv and the first thing I noticed was that the picture was all stretched out

I noticed my one friend had his set up like that too and I was baffled. He may not be the most tech savvy guy there is, but he games a fair share and has beaten stuff like Skyrim and Borderlands so it's not like he's some couple hour a week casual gamer.

Uh.. am I the only one who didn't need help setting up the easiest and almost automatic process in gaming? xD

The point isn't "us" that need help it's other people, haha...hopefully nobody on this board needs help. The "masses" though, that's a different story.
---
#7Deathx113Posted 1/26/2013 2:43:16 PM
JKSonic posted...
too true

I noticed my one friend had his set up like that too and I was baffled. He may not be the most tech savvy guy there is, but he games a fair share and has beaten stuff like Skyrim and Borderlands so it's not like he's some couple hour a week casual gamer.

The point isn't "us" that need help it's other people, haha...hopefully nobody on this board needs help. The "masses" though, that's a different story.

Ahhhhhhhh, well then yeah, the masses are pretty dumb, but I mean... do you see the games they make popular? ;)
---
Name: Ernest (Yes, I've been to camp)
Add me, GT/PSN: Deathx113
#8weapon_d00d816Posted 1/26/2013 2:45:40 PM
Wow, seriously? The process hasn't changed in YEARS. It's just attach a/v cables to Xbox and outlet, attach power cable to Xbox and outlet. Voila.
---
p + w > 9000, where p is the power level and w is what the scouter said about it.
#9BeefEasterPosted 1/26/2013 2:46:48 PM
it's amazing how many people have their 360s and ps3s hooked up to hdtvs using component cables because they have no idea anything better even exists

most of the people I mention HDMI cables to have no idea what I'm talking about
#10JKSonic(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 2:47:29 PM
Wow, seriously? The process hasn't changed in YEARS. It's just attach a/v cables to Xbox and outlet, attach power cable to Xbox and outlet. Voila.

The problem is when people have a 60" HDTV and are played it in 480p 4:3...not that they can't physically hook it up. 8oD
---