This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How many are sticking to MS next gen?

#11triple sPosted 1/26/2013 11:13:22 AM
I am. I just hope they push the "game" part of it. I think over the last couple of years, Microsoft has kind of lost touch in releasing solid exclusives outside of the games that are already big and Kinect titles. The first few years of the 360's life, it had that drive.
---
GT:Triple S 06
PSN:Triple_S_09
#12Res5Posted 1/26/2013 11:14:42 AM
triple s posted...
I am. I just hope they push the "game" part of it. I think over the last couple of years, Microsoft has kind of lost touch in releasing solid exclusives outside of the games that are already big and Kinect titles. The first few years of the 360's life, it had that drive.

Half of those exclusives landed on the PS3 anyway. I hear Deadly Premonition is even going to PS3 now.
---
My theme song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBjQ9tuuTJQ
Most people think they are the odd one out but never truly are. I am that one who actually is. :D
#13Arucard05Posted 1/26/2013 11:16:16 AM
I'll end up with every console like always. If Microsoft continues in the direction it very much looks like it wants to I'll have very little enthusiasm for the next Xbox however.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Go there now! Or don't. Whatever man.
#14XImperialDragonPosted 1/26/2013 11:17:21 AM
I buy whatever the hell console I want, I have no brand loyalty. If they want my money, they'll get games I'm interested in on the market, otherwise I can't be bothered to give a damn.
---
Sony bought Konami and will release a DDR game for the Nintendo 3DS. In this game, you set your 3DS on the floor and stomp on it till it no longer functions.
#15JuhanorPosted 1/26/2013 11:25:15 AM
I don't know. I bought the 360 to play Halo 3, but now that the series has moved from Bungie to Microsoft's corporate shills, I won't be buying any Xbox for Halo anymore.

Most of the other series I like have either had the fun taken out of them by stupid design choices, or have no hopes of getting a sequel...

It looks like probably not. At least not at launch. The only games I can see buying for it at this point are MGS sequels, TES and FO games, and whatever High Moon or Beenox comes up with for TF and Spidey... we'll see.
#16teehee23Posted 1/26/2013 11:38:25 AM
XImperialDragon posted...
I buy whatever the hell console I want, I have no brand loyalty. If they want my money, they'll get games I'm interested in on the market, otherwise I can't be bothered to give a damn.

You said that with such authority I got the goosebumps, look my arm!
You must be so awesome a guy, scarlet.
---
Don't hate us because we're beautiful...
#17triple sPosted 1/26/2013 11:49:24 AM
Res5 posted...
triple s posted...

Half of those exclusives landed on the PS3 anyway. I hear Deadly Premonition is even going to PS3 now.

Even timed exclusives are better than not giving a rats ass about them. I think Microsoft did a great job in getting some big franchises that were PS exclusive last gen onto the 360 this gen. I just feel they need to push harder on either having 100% exclusive games or timed exclusives. I've played my 360 at least 10x more than the PS3 and Wii combined this gen, but I wouldn't be against recommending a PS3 to someone simply because they are doing a much better job at getting exclusives than the 360 has in the last few years.
---
GT:Triple S 06
PSN:Triple_S_09
#18richboy900Posted 1/26/2013 11:50:44 AM
I will be, but I'll prob get the ps4 as well later on. I'm more of an xbox fan so I'm more eager to have the next gen xbox.

I won't buy it straight away cos I got launch xbox 360 that had hardware issues. Also I want to see the price of games, live gold membership and mostly see if it will play used games. If not and the ps4 is able to play used games, I'll hav to get that instead.
#19crucialPosted 1/26/2013 11:51:02 AM
I am sticking with MS next gen,I might not buy one at launch but that all depends on if Fallout 4 or Dragon Age 3 are launch title's or not but will once these game's are released.

My reason's

1.Already own 360 and have 5 year's worth of friend's,DLC,Achievs and many game's on there already.

2.Online is the best you can get on a console and this will not change anytime soon.

3.Even though MS does not have the exclusives we would like they get most DLC first which is really a big deal to me I hate waiting.

If the PS4 end's up like the 360 this gen then I will buy both console's I have no loyalty to one company.
#20ptreemf12Posted 1/26/2013 11:51:42 AM
Assuming we see new Halo games, Fallout/Elder Scrolls/Dark Souls 2/Dragon Age 3 and the like, then yes I will be sticking with Xbox and Microsoft.

Won't be buying it at launch if it has a weak lineup though. I'm quite happy with my 360 and 3DS now for games, and there's still plenty in store for both systems this whole year.
---
White FC [Panda]: 3783 - 6584 - 4908
White 2 FC [Liz]: 2666 - 9974 - 6792