This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How many are sticking to MS next gen?

#41MouthBreather82Posted 1/26/2013 1:24:42 PM
Res5 posted...
Galcian posted...
If Xbox Live Gold still costs $59.99 a year then probably not, at least not in the beginning

I wanna know why people act like that's a lot of money. Typically people make that in one day of work at minimum wage.

7.85 x 8 = 62.80- 30% taxes =43.96....So they do not make that in a day.

And people who make that amount can hardly afford their utilities, food and rent so to those people it is a lot of money just for the ability to play online.

As for myself, I will most likely own all 3....doubful I will go for the "steambox" though
Already have the wii U now if only it had more games....
---
AsRock Z77 pro, i7 2600 , ASUS GTX 670,16gb DDR3 ram, 128gb SSD, 1tb HDD,500gb HDD Rosewill Xtreme 750W, Asus12 x BDW,OEM dvdrw, Rosewill Thor V2
#42MrluzoPosted 1/26/2013 1:26:32 PM
I'm staying with MS. In terms of jumping ship, Xbox 360 has given me a fun time this gen, had a few hiccups with RRoD x2...But I had 3 or 4 PS1's and 2 PS2's, so can not really complain and no reason to go to Sony...

So yeah, staying with MS, if I have the money to spend I would buy all the next gen consoles, but I probably will not...So, Xbox 360 was pretty awesome, no reason why the next one will not be...

Exclusives do not really bother me, sure, some look great and I would like them to be Multi Plat, but they are not, so its fine. Some PC games look great also, but does not encourage me to keep upgrading my PC every couple of years for the sake of a couple of games...

Happy with MS and what it offers...
#43Shin_GallonPosted 1/26/2013 1:30:46 PM
I'm done with consoles I think, unless one of them has an amazing exclusive that I HAVE to play, I'm strictly PC/handhelds only from now on.
#44MVNeoPosted 1/26/2013 1:41:41 PM
100% staying with Xbox, and for the second generation in a row, will not be purchasing any other consoles. I had every single one up until this gen, but I only need Xbox.
---
http://raptr.com/UNSCleric
https://app.halowaypoint.com/en-us/Halo4/UNSCleric/home/
#45TheFeshPincePosted 1/26/2013 1:48:59 PM
vigorm0rtis posted...
I always wait and see, it's about the games. I have no brand loyalty.

That said, I don't see why not.

This
---
You wanna make me a sandwich?
#46TheAxeMurderer1Posted 1/26/2013 1:51:53 PM
Mrluzo posted...
I'm staying with MS. In terms of jumping ship, Xbox 360 has given me a fun time this gen, had a few hiccups with RRoD x2...But I had 3 or 4 PS1's and 2 PS2's, so can not really complain and no reason to go to Sony...

So yeah, staying with MS, if I have the money to spend I would buy all the next gen consoles, but I probably will not...So, Xbox 360 was pretty awesome, no reason why the next one will not be...

Exclusives do not really bother me, sure, some look great and I would like them to be Multi Plat, but they are not, so its fine. Some PC games look great also, but does not encourage me to keep upgrading my PC every couple of years for the sake of a couple of games...

Happy with MS and what it offers...

Fair enough. I'll get both most likely, depends which has better games at the start. I don't think it's fair to compare RRoD to PS1 or PS2. I don't know anyone who had their playstation 2 break, and I still have my original one from 2002. That said, Microsoft seems to have fixed whatever the problem was with the more recent 360's.
#47coydog_30Posted 1/26/2013 2:03:21 PM
I can't stick with something if I never held an allegiance to it whatsoever. I wait until a system has at least a few games I'm interested in before I blindly buy it. I do prefer the achievements for MS over trophies, but I own just about every system this gen(minus WiiU) so I can enjoy exclusives on each system.
---
Official Horus of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
PSN: coydog_30 GT: TyingDarkDragon
#48CaptainKatsuraPosted 1/26/2013 2:04:51 PM
I'm gonna wait and see how the libraries look.Though looking at it,I might end up getting a Wii U just because of Bayonetta 2.
---
Herp-a derp
#49NejiHyuga900Posted 1/26/2013 2:11:14 PM
I am still sticking with Microsoft (as well as Nintendo). The PS4 may have better specs than the Xbox 720 but PS4 will have no backwards compatibility with any retail PS1-PS3 games and used PS4 games cannot be played on PS4 (I am guessing that PS4 games will have some sort of activation code that can only be used once).

For the Eighth Generation, I am going to stick with Xbox 720 (or Durango or whatever), Wii U (already own it), and 3DS (already own it)... as well as my PC. If I don't get a gaming PC, then I will get Valve's "Steam Box".
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag & Nintendo Network ID: TDPNeji
Steam ID: NejiHyuga900
#50SuperFlikPosted 1/26/2013 2:12:28 PM
If the price is reasonable (not 599 US Dollars), the entire 360 library is backwards compatible off the get go and I can use my 360 HDD, then yes.
---
Zelos Wilder: "Demon Fang! Demon Fang! Demon Fang!
Damn, I must be a genius! Double Demon Fang!"