This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How many are sticking to MS next gen?

#71bleach209Posted 1/26/2013 5:40:46 PM
Goin to the PS4 for me,
Love the uncharted series and also excited for God of war :D
---
Get Ready for Playstation All Stars Battle Royale
http://www.playstationallstars.com/
#72PPPPLAASSUMAPosted 1/26/2013 5:42:44 PM
If the next MS console has backwards compatibility, and/or the ability to transfer all my purchases from 360.... then it's pretty much "Here's my money!"

Otherwise, heeeeelllllllllllll to the no.

I'm wondering how they're going to handle support for their old systems once the new ones come out though. Because if everything I desire is crossplatform, including old platforms, why even buy a new console? I'm no graphics whore.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtxCr5ju2EE&feature=related - If you played Mystical Ninja 64, you need to click this.
#73SKYR1MPosted 1/26/2013 6:12:27 PM
Sure, why not. I am used to the 360, and like the exclusive titles (Gears, definitely. Halo). Not many PS titles I care for. Uncharted and God of War look awesome though. In the end, if they both come out the same time, I'll look at which one is better. Being ignorant to which console is actually better and buying the one because of its name is stuuuppid.
---
Some people call it big, me i call it a treasure.
#74CTBradumsPosted 1/26/2013 7:01:43 PM
It depends. I'd have to wait and see. After the debacle that is their manufacturing process and the ensuing RROD epidemic, it's obvious their consoles are basically cheap, plastic pieces of crap - from a material sense. I loved my 360 for the games and enjoyment, but the physical console itself was a piece of **** for years and broke at least once a year. It was always either a RROD, a faulty HD, or broken soldering (which was a manufacturing issue for a long time).

If they put a little more quality into the console's build itself, I wouldn't hesitate to buy the next gen MS console. I would assume they'd have the same measure of games, so I'm not too worried about their lineup. I'd just feel dirty buying another piece of **** console that MS uses cheap parts on, only to have to deal with it breaking every other month.
#75ffxauronmagusctPosted 1/26/2013 7:14:05 PM
I'm an owner of all three current gen consoles, plus a Wii U.

I used to play my xbox all the time, it was my preferred system by far, but suddenly a couple of years ago I basically abandoned the system and started favoring the PS3. I've still purchased some titles on the xbox - farcry 3, borderlands 2, and halo 4. recently, played, and enjoyed them

I'll be purchasing the PS4 and leaving it at that. My wife and I are wanting to have children soon, and financially, I'm going to have to choose between the xbox and playstation, and PS4 wins out there.
---
Not changing my sig 'til Yoshi Tatsu wins a title or is released. Started 2/26/10
#76OrgeLambartPosted 1/26/2013 7:15:45 PM
going to see if it's backward compatible or not, if it has BC i'll pick it up. If it lacks BC I'm thinkigng i'll be done with gaming. Maybe pick up another MMORPG like Elder Scrolls and not console game anymore... Who knows right now, I just know BC is a huge feature for me. Although I could reason with getting the new Xbox for the blue ray if it's actually included.

Not really very likely to go with PS4 or whatever it's called. The whole Sony getting hacked thing left a really bad taste in my mouth.
#77singhellotakuPosted 1/26/2013 7:16:33 PM
I bought everything last gen as soon as enough worthwhile games were released and I'll do the same this gen, though I plan on skipping any console that goes all digital or blocks used games and just sticking with the Wii U and PC if thats the case with both.
#78airfoemoePosted 1/26/2013 7:23:47 PM
Here's how I feel bulletin points:

I want my software on Microsoft and Nintendo platforms, not Sony but this how I feel so far from the most part:

-Sony is too bland for me except for like a few exclusive games, they need more going for them to be interesting. They need to make their PSN service and PS3 interface (in general) better by possibly adding some more colors to their online store and just make it pop out from ordinary, bland interface. Basically, the XMB interface feels old and terrible. I hate being reminded of the PSP as well.

-They chose such an ugly but efficient software. I want the best interfaces, Nintendo and Microsoft both impress me in that area.

-Microsoft is losing me on the whole paying for Xbox Live idea but if they can work it out to be a much better value, that would win me over. (They could also just make it much cheaper.)
---
http://www.schtserv.com/connect.php
^ go here if u wanna play Phantasy Star Online for Gamecube, Dreamcast,and PC (for free)
#79funguy10Posted 1/26/2013 7:24:28 PM
i've been with ms since the original xbox. but after ms knowingly built a broken system. plus the direction of ms going towards pc. i'm not buying the next gen. in fact i'm going handhelds now. i have a 3DSXL which is awesome! my 360 is collecting dust. my ps3 is a blueray player. my wii is internet browsing. i'm done with consoles. i've gone through 6 360s since launch. plus the ads and cr*p. its a muti media hub now. i dont want ms putting stuff on my dash i dont want. also forced dash updates/upgrades make me sick. its a paid service full of " buy me now cr*p"! i'm so done with ms.
#80Jon_GodPosted 1/26/2013 7:37:55 PM
I owned all systems last and this generation.

If M$ doesn't pull out some big cards, I might drop them next generation. I am tired of lack of many exclusives, as I don't play online.
---
PS3 Fan, but doesn't mind other systems. PSN: Jon_God, XBL: Ernie the Bear
http://savemgo.com/forums/