This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How many are sticking to MS next gen?

#91twopinacoladasPosted 1/26/2013 9:13:56 PM
A month ago I would have said yes, but having recently gotten a PS3 I am actually fairly impressed with it. I usually don't play games that much or I haven't as my 360 and Wii have collected dust most of the time but I am enjoying the PS3. I am also glad I have a choice to go online without paying for it.

It will likely depend on the games and price point, I'd probably go with a Xbox next gen first and possibly a Wii U if they have games out that would justify a purchase. I will keep a closer eye on what Sony does as I am usually not a fan but am more open minded to getting one of their next gen consoles.
---
www.itstimetosplit.com
#92FFTHEWINNERPosted 1/27/2013 3:32:44 AM
teehee23 posted...
Absolutely.
Microsoft 1st party games and XBLA are my favorites and frankly Nintendo 1st party games are too kiddy for my preferences and Sony 1st party games have never much interested me except for Crash Bandicoots.

Plus 3rd party support is always great on Xbox.

crash bandicoot isnt first party. Other than that,i 100% agree.
---
WHO AM I?FFTHEWINNER. WHO ARE YOU?URTHELOSER
http://i.imgur.com/xgSex.png
#93O1CobraPosted 1/27/2013 3:49:50 AM
Meh going to wait for sure this time around. Considering Micro$oft rushed the 360 at launch resulting in in several bricked 360s I will wait. 5 dead 360s vs 1 ps3 ill wait to see if they get the next one right this time around.
#94xM3NTALxPosted 1/27/2013 3:51:40 AM
I'll end up getting it eventually, but not at launch this time.
#95EternalDividePosted 1/27/2013 3:52:48 AM
I was Nintendo since the SNES days and Sony since'97. Didn't want anything to do with the original Xbox. But Sony's ludicrous $600 at launch coupled with Lost Odyssey coming brought me to 360. The Wii was just a disaster of a generation as far as good games were concerned.

Love my WiiU so far and all the announcements last week has me feeling like I haven't about Nintendo for a decade.

I finally bought a PS3 in '11 and I like it but it's nothing better than 360. Free online is the best draw.

But starting at day 1 with the new consoles. If I had to pick between the two. Since only a handful of series I'm interested in separates the 2 when it comes to exclusives any more. It all comes down to:

#1-10 The price! Anything over $400 is going to be ridiculous no matter what the things can do as far as I'm concerned.

#11 If MS and Sony are going to be focused on a "Games first, second and third!" mentality or if they're going to pitch and focus on the systems being "entertainment devices" with a bunch of apps and functionalities that we all already have devices that do those thing 100x quicker and easier. And based on MS's focus the last few years I have the unsettling feeling they're heading in that direction.

#12 If motion controls are going to be "The big thing!" on the system. I hate motion controls. MS needs to ease up on the Kinect focusing but with the thing allegedly in box with every console this next time around. Again, doesn't sound good.

So right now. Not enough information to know. But my gut feeling is telling my Sony.
---
I support Alex Smith #11
#96alienfreaks04Posted 1/27/2013 4:12:38 AM
If they both come out this fall/winter, I'll probably get whichever console comes out first, and wait 6 months on the other.
---
My signature is better than yours.
#97iceman505Posted 1/27/2013 4:16:20 AM
Yes, might as well go three, for three. Xbox has been my most played system for the past 11 years. Taking the spot once occupied by Sega. Besides, no way in hell will I purchase a console, *PS4* from a company with one foot in the grave *Sony*.
#98memphis12Posted 1/27/2013 4:26:11 AM
I'l be with Microsoft, as will be my son.
---
'I wrestled with an alligator,I tussled with a whale,only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick.'
#99FFTHEWINNERPosted 1/27/2013 6:17:20 AM
iceman505 posted...
Yes, might as well go three, for three. Xbox has been my most played system for the past 11 years. Taking the spot once occupied by Sega. Besides, no way in hell will I purchase a console, *PS4* from a company with one foot in the grave *Sony*.

does that mean you didnt purchase the Dreamcast >_>?
---
WHO AM I?FFTHEWINNER. WHO ARE YOU?URTHELOSER
http://i.imgur.com/xgSex.png
#100BatmanVonDoomPosted 1/27/2013 6:29:38 AM
4 xbox's later I can safely say hell no.
---
http://i.imgur.com/GC6An.jpg
"I'm not even remotely willing to talk about the other 50%, Because I AM NOT A ROBOT" ~ Lunar Cobain 2004