This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

When does EA exclusive right to the NFL end?

#1I_am_OmnipotentPosted 1/26/2013 6:20:42 PM
Topic.
---
RIP Missy 1994- February 27th 2012
You were more than a Dog you were a best friend, a listener,a therapist, and everything I needed you to be you were family.
#2lambruscoPosted 1/26/2013 6:25:54 PM
When the sun goes supernova.
---
Spiel Macht Frei.
#3wavelength28Posted 1/26/2013 6:35:45 PM
Probably never, as they'll just renew it continually.
#4TheBlueStigPosted 1/26/2013 6:48:37 PM
The 15 year contract to use ESPN in games ends in January 2020, and the NFL contract runs through the end of 2013.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#5EvilCactusPosted 1/26/2013 6:51:55 PM
They'll probably renew it. The NFL prefers exclusive licenses, especially after what Take-Two did with NFL 2K5.
---
sig here
#6TheBlueStigPosted 1/26/2013 6:55:38 PM
EvilCactus posted...
They'll probably renew it. The NFL prefers exclusive licenses, especially after what Take-Two did with NFL 2K5.

You mean make a superior game and charge less for it?
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#7TrugamerPosted 1/26/2013 7:07:56 PM
The APF2K8 game engine is still better than Madden and 2K could compete with a custom game using that but since they are soo inept and cannot even produce good licensed sports games other than the NBA why bother.
Even though sports gamer's are dying for a great football game everyone just runs like cowards from EA's monopoly and will not even try , just the pathetic state of the entire sports gaming industry really
#8ILikesCheesePosted 1/26/2013 7:18:38 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
EvilCactus posted...

You must be from an alternate universe. Over here on Earth Prime NFL 2K5 wasn't so hot and most of us were happy to get the real players back on the Madden turf.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#9I_am_Omnipotent(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 7:22:00 PM
ILikesCheese posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
EvilCactus posted...

You must be from an alternate universe. Over here on Earth Prime NFL 2K5 wasn't so hot and most of us were happy to get the real players back on the Madden turf.

Nfl2k5>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>madden anything.
---
RIP Missy 1994- February 27th 2012
You were more than a Dog you were a best friend, a listener,a therapist, and everything I needed you to be you were family.
#10Twizz810Posted 1/26/2013 7:23:18 PM
ILikesCheese posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
EvilCactus posted...

What you been smoking? because I want some...
---
A BOY won't take care of his own kids, A MAN will raise his and someone elses
http://tiny.cc/tmnt