This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is the Kinect being forced on us next-gen?

#1RahzarXPosted 1/26/2013 8:56:21 PM(edited)
From all the specs and what-not, as well as "rumoured" confirmations from Microsoft, the 720 is going to have Kinect built-in. I can only assume that this means there will be kinect features for every single freaking game. Does anyone want to play without a controller? Is this real life?
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#2SunDevil77Posted 1/26/2013 8:51:39 PM
There is no confirmation from Microsoft.
---
Bro, when you tack on mass, you sacrifice flexibility. That's just a straight up fact
#3AwayFromHerePosted 1/26/2013 8:55:44 PM

Except that it seems to be the only commonality among all the supposed leaked specs.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#4RahzarX(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 8:58:26 PM
AwayFromHere posted...

Except that it seems to be the only commonality among all the supposed leaked specs.

Was going to rebut, but I agree, from every single rumour, built-in kinect has been mentioned for over a year now.

http://www.slashgear.com/microsoft-xbox-720-rumored-to-have-built-in-kinect-2-ar-glasses-16234225/

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-205_162-57551968/microsofts-xbox-720-may-include-kinect-2.0-and-blu-ray-drive-report-says/

http://news.cnet.com/8301-10805_3-57551679-75/xbox-720-to-offer-kinect-2.0-and-blu-ray-drive-says-xbox-world/

http://www.theverge.com/2012/6/16/3090944/microsoft-xbox-720-kinect-2-kinect-glasses-doc-leak-rumor
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#5SunDevil77Posted 1/26/2013 9:05:50 PM
Food for thought, though, why would they include it in when they can release it separately and charge people for it?

They need to be competitive with console pricing, thus, including an expensive piece of technology would be foolish.
---
Bro, when you tack on mass, you sacrifice flexibility. That's just a straight up fact
#6AwayFromHerePosted 1/26/2013 9:38:28 PM
Food for thought, though, why would they include it in when they can release it separately and charge people for it?

They need to be competitive with console pricing, thus, including an expensive piece of technology would be foolish.

I guess that explains why there are several 360 bundles sold with Kinect. Wait...
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#7BansDontWorkPosted 1/26/2013 9:42:21 PM
The next Kinect is going to be awesome, promise.
---
I feast on that control method you call Karma.
#8Perfect LightPosted 1/26/2013 10:25:54 PM
AwayFromHere posted...

"Supposed leak specs" are not confirmation from Microsoft.

AwayFromHere posted...

I guess that explains why there are several 360 bundles sold with Kinect. Wait...

Yeah, BUNDLES sold years after the console's release. They're not going to bundle something at launch they can charge more money for, at least not without a regular version with no Kinect.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIbu3wJDmVQ - New gaming series
My podcast: hulkshare.com/inferiorminds
#9RahzarX(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 10:31:50 PM
Perfect Light posted...
AwayFromHere posted...

"Supposed leak specs" are not confirmation from Microsoft.

AwayFromHere posted...

Yeah, BUNDLES sold years after the console's release. They're not going to bundle something at launch they can charge more money for, at least not without a regular version with no Kinect.

Regular version will have kinect built-in

Deluxe will have kinect glasses

???
---
#10scoobydoobydontPosted 1/26/2013 11:50:00 PM
It will be bundled (not built in) to maximize install base. I'm not only okay with that, I'm excited for it. Kinect is great already, Kinect 2 will be even better. I want it in everything. Controllers don't magically vanished because you can speak lines or gesture your way through a menu.
---
The writing was on the wall with Bioware the minute you could completely void all of your decisions with one choice in KOTOR.