This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is the Kinect being forced on us next-gen?

#31rusty12000Posted 1/27/2013 8:27:38 AM
Its so they can spy on you lol
---
http://openmedia.ca/meter -- Put a stop to Big internet companies trying to put a cap on bandwidth in Canada!!!!
#32seankimberley42Posted 1/27/2013 9:04:07 AM
Winternova posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
Food for thought, though, why would they include it in when they can release it separately and charge people for it?

They need to be competitive with console pricing, thus, including an expensive piece of technology would be foolish.

Because if Kinect has a 1:1 install base with the next Xbox it will see more support?

Peripherals don't have a great track record...

This. I was never going to buy the kinect add on since it's just that, an add on. Most companies won't include it in their game designs since it automatically eliminates part of their future userbase. Now that it's (most likely) a core part of the console more companies are going to use it and come up with more creative ways to use it.
---
Twilight is like Soccer: 2 hours of people running around, no one scoring and millions of fans telling me I don't get it. - Maliice
#33HajimeNoIppoPosted 1/27/2013 9:06:13 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#34seankimberley42Posted 1/27/2013 9:08:12 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
Stig, just quit before you fall too far.

I don't know, man, he's been in the second level underground since the first post of his I've read.
---
Twilight is like Soccer: 2 hours of people running around, no one scoring and millions of fans telling me I don't get it. - Maliice
#35FredSavage27Posted 1/27/2013 6:26:39 PM
scoobydoobydont posted...
FredSavage27 posted...
How are you going to play Halo with Kinect? Even the Wii had a Classic Controller.

Is this a real question? You would still use the controller.

Then why are people complaining about Kinect being "forced" on them? If you don't want any Kinect games, don't buy them.
#36darkharePosted 1/27/2013 6:39:37 PM
kinect as hands-free gaming is mostly a gimick, although their are a few games that do well with this. kinect being integrated into gaming while also using a controller is the direction Ms is going to take it for core gaming. me personally, the price of kinect will be worth having head-tracking everyone will be impressed with this if its implamented into next gen console.
---
with my drum, i can see
#37shawnmckPosted 1/27/2013 6:44:06 PM(edited)
It's more likely that Microsoft will offer more than one model....
One will have Kinect built in, and the other won't.

^ At least, that is my hope.
I don't care about Kinect and would never use it.
#38SparkItUpPosted 1/27/2013 7:08:48 PM
AwayFromHere posted...
Food for thought, though, why would they include it in when they can release it separately and charge people for it?

They need to be competitive with console pricing, thus, including an expensive piece of technology would be foolish.

I guess that explains why there are several 360 bundles sold with Kinect. Wait...

yes, but they are optional and generally are more expensive than their counterparts that don't have it. I am willing to bet, if you take the numbers of the bundles (in the same time frame of course) that include kinect, they are not nearly as high as consoles sold by themselves.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqFLXayD6e8
Now don't get me wrong, yeah I think you're alright, but that won't keep me warm in the middle of the night...