This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any gamers around who feel like games lack the creativity thrley use to due to

#1MoonBoundPosted 1/26/2013 10:15:23 PM
Trying to make the most profit by making over hyped super violent games with gore and sex. And why does every game other then sports need some form of combat? I honestly feel like arkham asylum is then last game I played that had passion ans creativity behind it It really felt like the devs cared about the game and appealing to fans. Im just worried with this direction we need a more variety in games.
#2zerooo0Posted 1/26/2013 10:17:51 PM
Companies are in it for the Money. That's all they care about, and they'll do whatever it takes to get it.

That's what business is all about. The one with the biggest pay check.
---
CoD>Dog Turd>Gaming Community>GFAQS Community
#3RayzerTagPosted 1/26/2013 10:21:00 PM(edited)
If you want games that are made with love, play indie games. The XBLA in particular is good for this.

Try out Fez, Dust: an Elysian Tail or Bastion.
---
Baseless prediction as of 01/04/13 : the next Xbox will be called the Xbox On.
#4MoonBound(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 10:22:29 PM
No it is a choice that most companies make not all so do not give me that line of crap please xbla hss some but not that many ons that last.
#5MoonBound(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 10:24:46 PM
Maybe your right I may download dust not really into platformers so no fez loved bastion though. I know ps3 kind of sucks but they atleast have innovative games
#6zerooo0Posted 1/26/2013 10:28:01 PM
MoonBound posted...
No it is a choice that most companies make not all so do not give me that line of crap please xbla hss some but not that many ons that last.

Are you talking about my post?
---
Businesses only care about the money
#7RayzerTagPosted 1/26/2013 10:39:13 PM(edited)
Know that almost all developers want to make interesting and innovative games, but are forced by publishers to make their games appeal to the largest audience (or more cynically, the lowest common denominator) possible. This is because Call of Duty sells and Asura's Wrath doesn't.

That's why the good indie games are really good; there's no publisher to screw everything up.
---
Baseless prediction as of 01/04/13 : the next Xbox will be called the Xbox On.
#8JamanjaxPosted 1/26/2013 10:35:58 PM

No, it's the truth. And it isn't a bad thing at all. The point of any company, game dev or no, is to make money.

Now, that leaves devs with two potential paths. The quick cash-ins, or the games that they pour their hearts and souls into to earn that money.

There isn't really more of one side than the other.. You just need to look into more than the latest hyped title.
---
He who has the blues, has a good thing.
#9RycerXPosted 1/26/2013 11:01:14 PM
MoonBound posted...
xbla hss some but not that many ons that last.

Yes it does, and I would know, because I'm backlogged by about a hundred of them. XBLA is hipster providence.
#10MoonBound(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 11:49:15 PM(edited)
Thanks rayzor did not think of it that way, and jam I disagree there are still big companies who push more for passion then max profit you sound like anotber robot.