This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any gamers around who feel like games lack the creativity thrley use to due to

#21JamanjaxPosted 1/27/2013 12:06:08 AM
Which basically means you where kind of wrong maybe your just defending this idea because it may be your way of life but we all have our own ideas to make lfe better but it does not mean they would be since some of these ideas have not been executed then there is no way of knowing.

What are you even trying to say?

It's called being knowledgeable about how businesses work..
---
He who has the blues, has a good thing.
#22zerooo0Posted 1/27/2013 12:06:18 AM
memphis12 posted...
zerooo0 posted...
memphis12 posted...
Obsidian cares.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/obsidian/project-eternity

Or
A. They don't have a Publisher
B. The Publisher they may have is not giving them the funds they need.
C. They need the funds so they can make it, and market it

Every developer cares about making a profit. Now that doesn't mean that they won't care about their fans though.

Take CDPR for example, they want to make a profit but they care about their fans also.(At least that what they make it seem like)

Developers have to go for the money to stay in business. Good, or bad.

I know, i was just trying to make a grey topic a little bit brighter ;)

Ah gotcha. Didn't mean to grey down your post.
---
Businesses only care about the money
#23MoonBound(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 12:08:01 AM
Meaning he has his ideas on how companies should and do work and I have mine but he was trying to ague tha companies do not have a choice and should be able to constantly justify max profit over an enjoyable game experience when not all companies do things that way or have to.
#24JamanjaxPosted 1/27/2013 12:15:47 AM
Meaning he has his ideas on how companies should and do work and I have mine but he was trying to ague tha companies do not have a choice and should be able to constantly justify max profit over an enjoyable game experience when not all companies do things that way or have to.

I never said they didn't have a choice.

In fact, I said they do have a choice. A choice between the quick cash-ins, with no regard for quality or anything of the sort, or a quality piece of work (or art, your preference) that they've made a labor of love.

Again, it doesn't come down to ideas of how companies should work or anything like that. It comes down to an understanding of how they do work, and again, if you think the cash-ins are overruling the quality works then you just aren't looking hard enough.
---
#25MoonBound(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 12:25:03 AM
IJam my deepest apologies I reread your posts and I snap judged to quickly and miss read some of it you are right though.
#26JamanjaxPosted 1/27/2013 12:29:50 AM
Lol, it's fine man. I probably could've phrased all that a little better than I did, anyway.

But I mean, I've been where you're at before. Same mindset and all, I mean. So I started looking into the hidden gems, and dev studios like Platinum Games and Grasshopper Manufacture kinda' swooped in to save the day, and completely change my tastes for the better.
---
#27SoF-RamboPosted 1/27/2013 12:48:13 AM
memphis12 posted...
Obsidian cares.

When was the last time Obsidian made a game that worked properly at launch/had all planned content?
---
Gamertag : Z0mb13S0ldier PSN : GotYourGatorade
Current Most Played : PS All-Stars, Battlefield 3, and WWE 13.
#28memphis12Posted 1/27/2013 12:52:05 AM
SoF-Rambo posted...
memphis12 posted...
Obsidian cares.

When was the last time Obsidian made a game that worked properly at launch/had all planned content?

What? Find me any game that doesn't need patched? I can't remember the last time a game I bought didn't have a day one patch.

South Park: The Stick of Truth, might surprise you.
---
'I wrestled with an alligator,I tussled with a whale,only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick.'
#29MoonBound(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 1:09:06 AM
Jam are you talking about downloadables? I do have aome last on I bought was mark of the ninja and its good but i cannot bring myself to play it anymore its boring now.
#30JamanjaxPosted 1/27/2013 1:17:55 AM(edited)
Jam are you talking about downloadables? I do have aome last on I bought was mark of the ninja and its good but i cannot bring myself to play it anymore its boring now.

Nah, all games. Downloadables included. Though in mentioning Platinum and Grasshopper, I was speaking solely of their retail releases. Grasshopper does have two digitial downloads that are really good (Black Knight Sword and Sine More), but I much prefer Killer7 and No More Heroes, which were physical copies.
---