This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any gamers around who feel like games lack the creativity thrley use to due to

#41DonomegaPosted 1/27/2013 6:44:43 AM
zerooo0 posted...
Companies are in it for the Money. That's all they care about, and they'll do whatever it takes to get it.

That's what business is all about. The one with the biggest pay check.

That is the reason I work, for the the money ;)

If it wasn't for the money I'd stay home lol I wish we could invent "DLC" in my profession though so I could make more money off of the same stuff... over and over.
---
Intell 8088 @ 7.14Mhz | 604K RAM | TCGA 16 Color graphics | TWO 5.25" 640K Floppy drives | 10MB Hard disk
3DS FC: 0903-4184-6816
#42Shy420Posted 1/27/2013 6:45:11 AM
MoonBound posted...
Meaning he has his ideas on how companies should and do work and I have mine but he was trying to ague tha companies do not have a choice and should be able to constantly justify max profit over an enjoyable game experience when not all companies do things that way or have to.

Name a game company that doesn't care about max profits? Most if not all big companies have share holders that they have to answer for. These shareholders are 99% likely to not care about gamers or gaming as long as they buy the game that are made. Sure there may be a few companies, very few companies that produce games and care more about quality than they do hitting a projected release date but I can't really think of many.

And as far as I can tell these aren't "ideas" of how companies work but more like observations of how an industry works.
---
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own.
#43MoonBound(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 3:11:56 PM(edited)
iMany indie companies as others pointed out and maybe travellers tells bioware back in the day atleast on top of my head.
#44MoonBound(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 3:13:39 PM(edited)
That does not mean that devs do not care about there game or fans and cannot convience there bosses to see the it the same way. Im pretty sure naughty dog cares they keep the same people over there years its these companies who do not care about max profit.