This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Small Achievements Gripe /firstworldproblem

#1axe4hirePosted 1/26/2013 10:25:23 PM
I try to be a completionist when I buy a game meaning that I go for 100% including achievements (I'm not as dedicated to multiplayer achievements though). I just learned that if a game has DLC then you don't get "completed" credit for 1000/1000. You have to purchase the DLC and polish it off, too.

I had Borderland 2 on my "Completed" list and loaded it up today to get download the DLC and WHAM... it got removed.

I think if you finish 1000/1000 for the original achievements then you should get completed credit.

/endrant
//firstworldproblem
---
http://kotaku.com/5558637/newsflash-study-reveals-pro-gamers-are-out-of-shape - MLG is not a sport
Gamer Tag - Right Wing Red | PSN - Right_Wing_Red
#2IonizerPosted 1/26/2013 11:04:58 PM
If you 1000/1000 a game and then never load it up after DLC achievements come out, the game (supposedly) stays on your "Completed" list. If you load up the game after the DLC comes out, it "updates" the achievements list and takes your "Completed" stamp away. For what it's worth, I hear they never take away Platinum Trophies (PS3 equivalent to "Completed Status") even after DLC comes out.
---
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s166/Ionizer_1/squirrel.jpg
Carrier of Squirrel Flu
#3glassghost0Posted 1/26/2013 11:08:40 PM(edited)
I've had games get removed even when I didn't load them up again because they released dlc

And I know this for a fact because I got every achievement for Deus Ex and sold it before the dlc was even announce but it got removed from my completed list
---
Signature OFF
#4Stray_ZeroPosted 1/26/2013 11:33:17 PM
A little warning also, if you recover/download your GT again, your gamercard will update with the DLC achievements added if you didn't play the game(s) the last time. Also, some games will have changed/different "Game Squares" for some odd reasons...
---
"The Alternate Truth is yet to be Found" - XBL/PSN/YT/TW: NeoStrayCat (=^_^=)
#5Chykka_BlackPosted 1/26/2013 11:35:56 PM
I've played online since i got 1000/1000 in skyrim and it never updated
---
Pokemon White FC: 4427-3698-5253 Izzi
3DS FC 4081-5675-7223
#6SparkItUpPosted 1/26/2013 11:39:46 PM
axe4hire posted...
I try to be a completionist when I buy a game meaning that I go for 100% including achievements (I'm not as dedicated to multiplayer achievements though). I just learned that if a game has DLC then you don't get "completed" credit for 1000/1000. You have to purchase the DLC and polish it off, too.

I had Borderland 2 on my "Completed" list and loaded it up today to get download the DLC and WHAM... it got removed.

I think if you finish 1000/1000 for the original achievements then you should get completed credit.

/endrant
//firstworldproblem

I disagree, while I am like you pretty much as far as cheevors go...my attitude is, by purchasing the DLC, you are taking on the challenge once again.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqFLXayD6e8
Now don't get me wrong, yeah I think you're alright, but that won't keep me warm in the middle of the night...
#7scoobydoobydontPosted 1/26/2013 11:40:36 PM
Why should an incomplete be listed as complete when it's incomplete by definition? It isn't really even a grey area. It sucks, but if you're a completionist you should plan accordingly and anticipate the possibility. Changing the system would be worse.
---
The writing was on the wall with Bioware the minute you could completely void all of your decisions with one choice in KOTOR.
#8JukainPosted 1/27/2013 1:30:41 AM
What gets me is when games post new achievements for DLC that doesn't come out. I'm looking at you, Scott Pilgrim...
---
"In peace, vigilance. In war, victory. In death, sacrifice." ~ The Grey Wardens
http://www.trueachievements.com/mygames.aspx?gamerid=71900
#9JenniferTatePosted 1/27/2013 2:41:19 AM
I just loaded up Scott Pilgrim, (which did have an update) and the newest achievements are still from the Knives pack.
---
Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth. - Mike Tyson
#10RKZX2Posted 1/27/2013 3:24:55 AM
correct. platinum trophies are based on original game. EVEN if DLC comes out later.
---
XBL: RKZX2
PSN: RKZX2