This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Small Achievements Gripe /firstworldproblem

#11axe4hire(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 10:09:50 PM
SparkItUp posted...
axe4hire posted...
I try to be a completionist when I buy a game meaning that I go for 100% including achievements (I'm not as dedicated to multiplayer achievements though). I just learned that if a game has DLC then you don't get "completed" credit for 1000/1000. You have to purchase the DLC and polish it off, too.

I had Borderland 2 on my "Completed" list and loaded it up today to get download the DLC and WHAM... it got removed.

I think if you finish 1000/1000 for the original achievements then you should get completed credit.

/endrant
//firstworldproblem

I disagree, while I am like you pretty much as far as cheevors go...my attitude is, by purchasing the DLC, you are taking on the challenge once again.

That would assume that I play on purchasing the DLC. I'll often finish a game I dislike just to be complete with no intention of purchasing DLC. I guess that is their strategy.

Touche, Microsoft. Touche.
---
http://kotaku.com/5558637/newsflash-study-reveals-pro-gamers-are-out-of-shape - MLG is not a sport
Gamer Tag - Right Wing Red | PSN - Right_Wing_Red
#12GnomestonePosted 1/27/2013 10:34:30 PM(edited)
Ionizer posted...
If you 1000/1000 a game and then never load it up after DLC achievements come out, the game (supposedly) stays on your "Completed" list. If you load up the game after the DLC comes out, it "updates" the achievements list and takes your "Completed" stamp away. For what it's worth, I hear they never take away Platinum Trophies (PS3 equivalent to "Completed Status") even after DLC comes out.

Firstly, even though they never take away Platinum trophies, it still won't be 100% complete on PS3 if you don't complete the DLC. I think you're confusing 100% completion with a Platinum trophy. They are different things once DLC is released.

Secondly, on Xbox, if you never load it up after DLC, it will still appear as incompleted if you check it online, but it will stay completed on your console.
#13SparkItUpPosted 1/27/2013 10:37:33 PM
axe4hire posted...
SparkItUp posted...
axe4hire posted...
I try to be a completionist when I buy a game meaning that I go for 100% including achievements (I'm not as dedicated to multiplayer achievements though). I just learned that if a game has DLC then you don't get "completed" credit for 1000/1000. You have to purchase the DLC and polish it off, too.

I had Borderland 2 on my "Completed" list and loaded it up today to get download the DLC and WHAM... it got removed.

I think if you finish 1000/1000 for the original achievements then you should get completed credit.

/endrant
//firstworldproblem

I disagree, while I am like you pretty much as far as cheevors go...my attitude is, by purchasing the DLC, you are taking on the challenge once again.

That would assume that I play on purchasing the DLC. I'll often finish a game I dislike just to be complete with no intention of purchasing DLC. I guess that is their strategy.

I thought it doesn't update (achievement total) unless you download the DLC
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqFLXayD6e8
Now don't get me wrong, yeah I think you're alright, but that won't keep me warm in the middle of the night...
#14JukainPosted 1/28/2013 12:57:01 PM
SparkItUp posted...
axe4hire posted...
SparkItUp posted...
axe4hire posted...

/endrant
//firstworldproblem

I thought it doesn't update (achievement total) unless you download the DLC

You'd think that, but no.
---
"In peace, vigilance. In war, victory. In death, sacrifice." ~ The Grey Wardens
http://www.trueachievements.com/mygames.aspx?gamerid=71900
#15ROFLdPosted 1/28/2013 1:04:34 PM
Gnomestone posted...
Ionizer posted...
If you 1000/1000 a game and then never load it up after DLC achievements come out, the game (supposedly) stays on your "Completed" list. If you load up the game after the DLC comes out, it "updates" the achievements list and takes your "Completed" stamp away. For what it's worth, I hear they never take away Platinum Trophies (PS3 equivalent to "Completed Status") even after DLC comes out.

Firstly, even though they never take away Platinum trophies, it still won't be 100% complete on PS3 if you don't complete the DLC. I think you're confusing 100% completion with a Platinum trophy. They are different things once DLC is released.

Secondly, on Xbox, if you never load it up after DLC, it will still appear as incompleted if you check it online, but it will stay completed on your console.

This. Xbox and ps3 are thr same. Platinum/1000GS are not taken away, but your completion percentage IS lowered on both systems, which is TCs gripe ( and mine, too.)

At least on Xbox you can't edit timestamps so the cheating is more rampant on PS3. Check trophy leaderboards for example.
---
Craw so hard mother****ers wanna fry me... that fish cray
#16JKSonicPosted 1/28/2013 1:08:24 PM
I agree, it's annoying. I think it should be separate, you complete the game then complete the DLC...two distinct completions.
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
#17MrMikeMaPosted 1/28/2013 1:09:20 PM
i remember getting all 1000 point on Oblivion. Then, one day, it started showing up as 1000/1250 or something like that, instead of 1000/1000.

Now, it;s back to 1000/1000 and on my completed list. Have no idea why.