This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have you guys played Metal Gear Solid 3 aka the best game ever created?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Have you guys played Metal Gear Solid 3 aka the best game ever created?
3 years ago#21
I consider MGS1 the best of all time

MGS3 was amazing though
GT: lPayneToTheMaxl
3 years ago#22
I have, on what is at most a completely irrelevant and unrelated note, played Metal Gear Solid 3. I own it for PS2. I tried it once for a few minutes, then never touched it again. It just wasn't a very good game.

How having played MGS3 relates to having played Final Fantasy VII, I don't know exactly.
I have: NES, GB, GBA(3), PSX(5), DC, PS2, PSP(2), GC(2), Wii, XB(2), XB360
I want: GBP, GBL, GBC, SNES, MD, MCD, 32X, SS, PS3, PSV
3 years ago#23
It isn't even the best MGS, that would be either 1 or 2 but the best game created would be SOTC
Demon/Dark souls > FFXIII/XIII-2.
3 years ago#24
Yeah I've played and beaten it, but I don't like it.

That series has some of the goofiest and just outright silliest things I have seen in a game.

It's funny how Snake walks into the middle of an enemy camp or a prison cell and gives 3 hour long convoluted philosophy lectures.
It is better to be alone than in bad company.
3 years ago#25
tc you got it wrong .you have to play both version before you make that claim.but seeing as the 360 .if I remember right does not have the IMPORTED version .your claim is void
when I was here before I went by the screen name IMPORTER1..
3 years ago#26
MGS3, sure I played it, and still own it - the 83rd best game ever created.
3 years ago#27
Metal Gear Solid and the word " best" should never ever be used together.
Welcome to Gamefaqs, where trolls run rampant. I buy used games.Pacers 3- whatever...I give up
3 years ago#28
I thought it was great, but a lot of things - like The Boss showing up in the jungle riding on a horse wearing what was basically a white villain outfit, and yes I get that it was symbolic but it still struck me as being pure cheese - made me laugh when I don't think I was supposed to. It's been a while since I played it as Metal Gear 2 on the MSX is actually my favourite Metal Gear game :P
If you've no respect for the fact that people have put the time aside to play a game with you, play a single-player game. There are thousands to choose from.
3 years ago#29
I replayed it on PS3 just the other day. By far the best MGS game ever made, and it's ranking really high on my personal favorites.
PSN: Lazuri65 XBL:LazuriXIII
If you don't write you're from GameFAQs and what board in the friend request, you will be denied.
3 years ago#30
Yes and Metal Gear Solid is BY FAR my #1 most overraged game series on the planet. I have played all of them to some extent or another and have never been able to get into them. I'd say 1 is the best since at least it had an excuse, but the ones after that...and especially 4...have no excuse for still playing and animating like a PS1 game. Terrible controls, terrible animation, terrible transitional animations, insanely convoluted story (felt kind of like Lost, like they were just making it up when they went along...stringing you a long to draw it out), etc.

Sorry, from somebody who bought the original MSG on day 1 and even had the pre-order MGS tshirt...never got into the damn thing.
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Have you guys played Metal Gear Solid 3 aka the best game ever created?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived