This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have you guys played Metal Gear Solid 3 aka the best game ever created?

#21stawg007Posted 1/27/2013 5:20:41 AM
I consider MGS1 the best of all time

MGS3 was amazing though
---
GT: lPayneToTheMaxl
#22NewavePosted 1/27/2013 5:21:06 AM
I have, on what is at most a completely irrelevant and unrelated note, played Metal Gear Solid 3. I own it for PS2. I tried it once for a few minutes, then never touched it again. It just wasn't a very good game.

How having played MGS3 relates to having played Final Fantasy VII, I don't know exactly.
---
I have: NES, GB, GBA(3), PSX(5), DC, PS2, PSP(2), GC(2), Wii, XB(2), XB360
I want: GBP, GBL, GBC, SNES, MD, MCD, 32X, SS, PS3, PSV
#23TheBatman91Posted 1/27/2013 5:21:46 AM
It isn't even the best MGS, that would be either 1 or 2 but the best game created would be SOTC
---
Demon/Dark souls > FFXIII/XIII-2.
#24LilispherePosted 1/27/2013 6:03:20 AM
Yeah I've played and beaten it, but I don't like it.

That series has some of the goofiest and just outright silliest things I have seen in a game.

It's funny how Snake walks into the middle of an enemy camp or a prison cell and gives 3 hour long convoluted philosophy lectures.
---
It is better to be alone than in bad company.
#25djwagonPosted 1/27/2013 6:16:41 AM
tc you got it wrong .you have to play both version before you make that claim.but seeing as the 360 .if I remember right does not have the IMPORTED version .your claim is void
---
when I was here before I went by the screen name IMPORTER1..
#26TeraPatrick2008Posted 1/27/2013 6:40:27 AM
MGS3, sure I played it, and still own it - the 83rd best game ever created.
#27bossk5Posted 1/27/2013 6:50:14 AM
Metal Gear Solid and the word " best" should never ever be used together.
---
Welcome to Gamefaqs, where trolls run rampant. I buy used games.Pacers 3- whatever...I give up
#28ReloadPsiPosted 1/27/2013 6:59:17 AM
I thought it was great, but a lot of things - like The Boss showing up in the jungle riding on a horse wearing what was basically a white villain outfit, and yes I get that it was symbolic but it still struck me as being pure cheese - made me laugh when I don't think I was supposed to. It's been a while since I played it as Metal Gear 2 on the MSX is actually my favourite Metal Gear game :P
---
If you've no respect for the fact that people have put the time aside to play a game with you, play a single-player game. There are thousands to choose from.
#29chaoscontrol325Posted 1/27/2013 7:18:51 AM
I replayed it on PS3 just the other day. By far the best MGS game ever made, and it's ranking really high on my personal favorites.
---
PSN: Lazuri65 XBL:LazuriXIII
If you don't write you're from GameFAQs and what board in the friend request, you will be denied.
#30JKSonicPosted 1/27/2013 7:24:38 AM
Yes and Metal Gear Solid is BY FAR my #1 most overraged game series on the planet. I have played all of them to some extent or another and have never been able to get into them. I'd say 1 is the best since at least it had an excuse, but the ones after that...and especially 4...have no excuse for still playing and animating like a PS1 game. Terrible controls, terrible animation, terrible transitional animations, insanely convoluted story (felt kind of like Lost, like they were just making it up when they went along...stringing you a long to draw it out), etc.

Sorry, from somebody who bought the original MSG on day 1 and even had the pre-order MGS tshirt...never got into the damn thing.
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."