This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have you guys played Metal Gear Solid 3 aka the best game ever created?

#31Shy420Posted 1/27/2013 7:30:16 AM
I had to vote no even though I've played it. It just wasn't "the best game ever".
---
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own.
#32_NeroZero_Posted 1/27/2013 7:47:19 AM
TC, you posted this on the wrong board, it should read Playstation 3 instead.

X360 is kind of like barbarian when talking about MGS classics, and pretty much any other classic game that hasn't been to MS consoles.
---
Be kind to people.They're outnumbering you from 8 billion to one.
Official Tofu of the Resident Evil 6 boards!
#33bossk5Posted 1/27/2013 7:52:30 AM
_NeroZero_ posted...
TC, you posted this on the wrong board, it should read Playstation 3 instead.

X360 is kind of like barbarian when talking about MGS classics, and pretty much any other classic game that hasn't been to MS consoles.

MGS 3 is on the 360.......

I love the old " you only dislike it because its not on your console of choice" argument. It's such a stupid thing to say and believe.
---
Welcome to Gamefaqs, where trolls run rampant. I buy used games.Pacers 3- whatever...I give up
#34Arucard05Posted 1/27/2013 7:56:11 AM
I played it back in the day and I got it recently on the Vita. It's the best in the MGS series for sure.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Do you want to read awesomely rad reviews and articles? No? ****.
#35stawg007Posted 1/27/2013 8:01:05 AM
Newave posted...
I have, on what is at most a completely irrelevant and unrelated note, played Metal Gear Solid 3. I own it for PS2. I tried it once for a few minutes, then never touched it again. It just wasn't a very good game.

How having played MGS3 relates to having played Final Fantasy VII, I don't know exactly.

You can tell it's not a very good game after just a few minutes? You're right, you're opinion is irrelevant
---
GT: lPayneToTheMaxl
#36LerdothoughtPosted 1/27/2013 8:01:51 AM
"...make you shed man tears, especially during the ending."

snake was an ass,walking on the white house without giving a thanks for the team that keep him alive through the mission, upset because of boss...you are an ass, do ye hear snake!!! AN ASS!!!!!!!
#37teehee23Posted 1/27/2013 8:02:03 AM
JKSonic posted...
Yes and Metal Gear Solid is BY FAR my #1 most overraged game series on the planet. I have played all of them to some extent or another and have never been able to get into them. I'd say 1 is the best since at least it had an excuse, but the ones after that...and especially 4...have no excuse for still playing and animating like a PS1 game. Terrible controls, terrible animation, terrible transitional animations, insanely convoluted story (felt kind of like Lost, like they were just making it up when they went along...stringing you a long to draw it out), etc.

Sorry, from somebody who bought the original MSG on day 1 and even had the pre-order MGS tshirt...never got into the damn thing.

I agree.
Bought the MG2 and 3 collection but both are so clunky and poorly designed and just not fun. I did enjoy MGS1 on PSOne and PC but they haven't aged well and the following games have gone downhill fast. I've heard many say that MGS is considered a 'nerd franchise' but to me it's just low quality game design and pompous grandstanding theatre.
---
Don't hate us because we're beautiful...
#38ZephyriuumPosted 1/27/2013 8:02:20 AM
mastahjebus posted...
Jukain posted...
thatguy136 posted...
You spelt Max Payne wrong

You spelt Chrono Trigger wrong.

You guys!

He spelled "Metal Gear Solid 3" correctly.

He just meant Metal Gear Solid 4, which is definitely, 100% never EVER coming to the 360. Ever. Forever never.

*nobody cares*

anyway, he just spelt Chrono Trigger wrong, i forgive the poor guy....
---
Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 3, so close and so far...
http://www.abload.de/img/narutovsraikageaxexr.gif
#39BlueJester007Posted 1/27/2013 8:12:42 AM
Yes, I have played it but I would not go as far to say it is the best game ever. It is a damn good one despite having all that stupid anime s***.
---
Math illiteracy affects every 7 out of 5 people.
#40snellaiappanPosted 1/27/2013 8:16:07 AM
mgs3 is one of my fav games of all time. def the best one in the series, all the other ones story wise are complete crap compared to this. bought the hd collection on 360 only for 1 reason, mgs3.
---
If i am not back in 5 minutes... just wait longer.