This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have you guys played Metal Gear Solid 3 aka the best game ever created?

#41HoogovensPosted 1/27/2013 8:36:17 AM
MarcosAKAshorty posted...
Its good but I gave up because of the controls.

Same here....I want to give it another shot though
#42El_ZaggyPosted 1/27/2013 9:01:57 AM
SolidSnake2011- posted...
If you haven't played it why the hell haven't you played the best game ever created? You're missing out on a game that will make you shed man tears, especially during the ending. I got the game on day one and literally beat it a minimum of 50 times. I am making this topic now because I listened to the best song ever created in a video game and it's "debriefing" in MGS3 and it brought great memories.

MGS3 might be the best MGS but MGS have so much limited gameplay, limited environment and choice, its pretty much a fail game. The games feels like movies, not games. jrpg suffers from the same thing.
#43RayzerTagPosted 1/27/2013 9:08:34 AM
I'm playing through it for the first time on the 3DS right now.

It's really impressive, I can easily see why some people think it's the best game ever created.
---
Baseless prediction as of 01/04/13 : the next Xbox will be called the Xbox On.
#44magxPosted 1/27/2013 9:18:14 AM
RayzerTag posted...
I'm playing through it for the first time on the 3DS right now.

It's really impressive, I can easily see why some people think it's the best game ever created.

How are you able to put up with the controls? Do you have a CPP?
---
http://www.marioslastname.com/ http://magx01.blogspot.com/
<3 Ninja Gaiden Black! I want Dynamite Cop XBLA!
#45NewavePosted 1/27/2013 9:36:36 AM
stawg007 posted...
Newave posted...
I have, on what is at most a completely irrelevant and unrelated note, played Metal Gear Solid 3. I own it for PS2. I tried it once for a few minutes, then never touched it again. It just wasn't a very good game.

How having played MGS3 relates to having played Final Fantasy VII, I don't know exactly.

You can tell it's not a very good game after just a few minutes? You're right, you're opinion is irrelevant

Naturally, just like anyone else with basic human intelligence could.

My opinion is relevant, it's what MGS3 has to do with FFVII that is seemingly irrelevant, or at least the topic creator has yet to reveal any such relevance.

The fact that I played it for about an hour and a half all in all and I only got to walk around and actually do anything gameplay wise for a few minutes, in something looking like it belonged in an early Dreamcast game, and all the rest of the time was spent watching cutscenes in this "action stealth" game speaks volumes about how it isn't anywhere near as a good as even the most average action stealth games.
The controls were as awful as ever, they hadn't upgraded at all from MGS or MGS2, and I never liked those two much regardless of their achievements, but at least they were technically impressive for their times of release, and MGS did some really unique things with the PlayStation in and outside the game.
MGS3 on the other hand is just a sequel to a sequel, and even if you like it you must at least admit that the two previous games were significantly better in every single way and accomplished so much more as games.
---
I have: NES, GB, GBA(3), PSX(5), DC, PS2, PSP(2), GC(2), Wii, XB(2), XB360
I want: GBP, GBL, GBC, SNES, MD, MCD, 32X, SS, PS3, PSV
#46shagadelicPosted 1/27/2013 10:01:03 AM
Multiple times. Not for the last few years, though.
#47Deathx113Posted 1/27/2013 10:04:02 AM
I played peace walker and it was just mediocre.... no interest in the MGS series, though I bought 4 a month ago. xD

Probably never going to play it...
---
Name: Ernest (Yes, I've been to camp)
Add me, GT/PSN: Deathx113
#48SR71haloPosted 1/27/2013 10:19:56 AM
One of my favorite games of all time. I keep switching what is my favorite game period, but MGS3 is in the top 5 at least.

snake was an ass,walking on the white house without giving a thanks for the team that keep him alive through the mission, upset because of boss...you are an ass, do ye hear snake!!! AN ASS!!!!!!!

They made him kill his mentor whom he was very close with and he learned that she wasn't even a traitor to begin with so he ended up killing a hero instead. A lot was going through his mind to the point where he didn't even care about the applause he was receiving. He wasn't being an ass, he just didn't think he deserved the praise and the new title of "Big Boss."
---
Now Leave!
#49PreacherXWDSXPosted 1/27/2013 10:23:44 AM
There was gameplay spliced into the movie? I didnt even know......... MGS 3 killed whatever interest I had in Metal Gear, it was an allright game and a bad movie.
---
---
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life......Winston Churchill
#50Darkest_EvilPosted 1/27/2013 10:59:38 AM
i played metal gear 4 the worst game ever created along with devil may emo 5 and ninja faden black 3
---
http://castleminerz.freeforums.org/index.php