This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What type of game would you ban as being "too violent" ?

#21OkayPlayer1Posted 1/27/2013 7:59:38 PM(edited)
Platform games definitely should be the first to get banned. Younger gamers play them more than older gamers and subsequently shape their entire world views from those games. Thanks to Super Mario I still can't see a turtle without throwing it at someone or taking its shell and spinning it along the floor. I only ate mushrooms for a year hoping to grow bigger. I took whatever coins I could get my grubby hands on. Dangerous stuff
#22GalcianPosted 1/27/2013 7:59:49 PM
I surprised Metal Gear Rising didn't get an AO. The amount of grotesque violence that is possible in that game seems shocking
---
http://images.wikia.com/finalfantasy/images/5/56/Versus_logo.jpg
A new era
#23SparkItUpPosted 1/27/2013 8:06:21 PM
possibly the worst poll i have seen on these boards
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqFLXayD6e8
Now don't get me wrong, yeah I think you're alright, but that won't keep me warm in the middle of the night...
#24shawnmck(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 8:08:08 PM
SparkItUp posted...
possibly the worst poll i have seen on these boards

^ You hurt my feelings
:,(
#25james_hellerPosted 1/27/2013 8:09:59 PM
OkayPlayer1 posted...
Platform games definitely should be the first to get banned. Younger gamers play them more than older gamers and subsequently shape their entire world views from those games. Thanks to Super Mario I still can't see a turtle without throwing it at someone or taking its shell and spinning it along the floor. I only ate mushrooms for a year hoping to grow bigger. I took whatever coins I could get my grubby hands on. Dangerous stuff

Hahaha OMG, sir u deserve a medal. I litteraly laughed out loud. Hahaha
#26TheBlueStigPosted 1/27/2013 8:13:28 PM
scoobydoobydont posted...
Games with explicit rape scenes (interactive or not, games cannot pull it off). I'm not a fan of torture generally, but it could be quite serious and graphic and senseless enough to warrant a ban if it isn't justified by the context.

Senate Hearings on Videogame Violence, 1993, Night Trap had "rape scenes" using live actors in FMV footage in the game.

The ban failed then and it will ALWAYS fail regardless of game content.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#27CyricsServantPosted 1/27/2013 8:17:46 PM
Other.

I wouldn't ban anything, and **** the rating system.
#28FungumPosted 1/27/2013 8:19:24 PM
None.
#29Arn544Posted 1/27/2013 8:39:57 PM
They shouldn't really ban anything but sometimes developers go a little overboard with the blood and gore.

If the situation calls for it that's one thing but like with Dragon Age you'd kill stuff and blood would be splattered all over your characters and it'd be in the mouths and stuff, that's just bad taste.

They should keep the violence but tone down the blood really, lord of the rings did it perfectly imo, still had beheadings but you didn't see blood squirting out the neck and crap.
#30iRawrHardcorePosted 1/27/2013 8:50:16 PM
Travarkoth posted...
I wouldn't ban anything, that's what ratings are for.