This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What type of game would you ban as being "too violent" ?

#31SHAO-KhanPosted 1/27/2013 8:54:29 PM
would i sell Resident Evil to a 15 year old ... yes
would i sell GTA to a 15 year old .. NO,

i would honestly rather ban a game with graphic sexual content over blood
---
"If we're Evil or Divine , We're the Last in Line" - Ronnie James Dio
#32SunDevil77Posted 1/27/2013 8:57:47 PM
SHAO-Khan posted...

I hope you realize games are pretty much the last place a kid would go to in order to view explicit sexual content.
---
Bro, when you tack on mass, you sacrifice flexibility. That's just a straight up fact
#33CyricsServantPosted 1/27/2013 9:12:03 PM
^

Seriously.

Any kid with access to the internet can see whatever his or her heart desires at the click of a mouse. No need to plop down $60 for an M rated game, and then play 15 hours to get to an awkward, 2-minute fully clothed sex scene.
#34TheBlueStigPosted 1/27/2013 9:17:10 PM
SHAO-Khan posted...

And this is part of the MAJOR problem in the USA, people have no problem with blood or violence right in their face, but sex, wwwhhhoooaaaa they just can't handle the sex in ANY form even when it's fully clothed in a hidden section of a damn GTA game that required going out and buying a gameshark to access....

Most of Europe doesn't give a s*** about sex, they have full frontal female nudity in morning orange juice commercials, genital male nudity in commercials, topless women on the nightly TV news weather, and on billboards out in public.

Meanwhile all of America goes ballistic over a single mostly covered nipple in a superbowl half time show.

The prudish puritanical bulls*** behind all that proves that EVERYBODY needs to get laid a whole lot more than they currently do.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#35JamanjaxPosted 1/27/2013 9:22:44 PM
I wouldn't. I'm in no position to deem something as too violent for people just because it may happen to be too violent for me.
---
He who has the blues, has a good thing.
#36shawnmck(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 9:28:09 PM
TheBlueStig posted...

Meanwhile all of America goes ballistic over a single mostly covered nipple in a superbowl half time show.

The prudish puritanical bulls*** behind all that proves that EVERYBODY needs to get laid a whole lot more than they currently do.

^ Don't forget about all the outrage over a supposed half nude statue (that isn't even half-nude at all) with the Dead Island: Riptide special collectors edition.

What gets me, is that ALL of the outrage is coming from the United States, that isn't even getting the statue.
Its exclusive to the UK.
But the statue might get pulled now, because some whiners expressed outrage over it.

And in case you haven't seen it, here it is...

http://arcadesushi.com/dead-island-riptide-developers-apologize-for-gruesome-statue/

And here is a good article on the subject, defending the Developers and the statue.

http://www.weeklygamingrecap.com/2013/01/23/deep-silver-should-not-need-to-apologize-for-dead-island-riptide-statue/
#37Super CreaturesPosted 1/27/2013 11:29:59 PM
shawnmck posted...
What gets me, is that ALL of the outrage is coming from the United States, that isn't even getting the statue.

And you're saying that the outrage isn't from us not getting the statue?

That is what I would be outraged about, not a female torso in a bikini.

SunDevil77 posted...
I hope you realize games are pretty much the last place a kid would go to in order to view explicit sexual content.

I don't know, most of the PC games in my collection (go ahead, check my owned PC games list on GameFAQs) would be a pretty good place to go for sexual content, depending on what type you are looking for.

Of course, not one of those games would ever get released on a home console, at least as long as the console makers refuse to allow AO-rated games to be released on their consoles.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#38TheBlueStigPosted 1/28/2013 12:05:04 AM
Super Creatures posted...
shawnmck posted...

And you're saying that the outrage isn't from us not getting the statue?

That is what I would be outraged about, not a female torso in a bikini.

SunDevil77 posted...

I don't know, most of the PC games in my collection (go ahead, check my owned PC games list on GameFAQs) would be a pretty good place to go for sexual content, depending on what type you are looking for.

Of course, not one of those games would ever get released on a home console, at least as long as the console makers refuse to allow AO-rated games to be released on their consoles.

Get real, any kid with access to a PC is NOT going to go looking inside a game for nudity.

Plus, if they have a 360, the IE app makes it easy to find and even easier to hide traces of.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#39beastwarkingPosted 1/28/2013 1:32:01 AM
Extreme depictions of rape but that's about it. Graphic violence etc. really don't bother me all that much so meh
---
ba-weep-gra-na-weep-ninny-bong
Hail to the king, baby
#40MR_SorenPosted 1/28/2013 8:02:51 AM(edited)
gofghxg posted...
ummmm...... 'realistic' cutting up people and seeing EVERYTHING.

Here. Something like Manhunt is a disgrace to the concept of gaming.

I'm anti-censorship, and wouldn't actually want to ban anything, but stuff like that cannot be good for the people who are entertained by it.

Reminds me of when my wife said that "surgeon" is the profession with the highest levels of sociopathic tendencies on psych evaluations.

---
Blog: .............. http://red-grenade.com
Gamertag: .... rjcarello