This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What type of game would you ban as being "too violent" ?

#71TheBlueStigPosted 1/28/2013 7:02:20 PM
vigorm0rtis posted...
Cvdf3 posted...
Games usually aren't banned for straight up violence (unless it is essentially virtual torture, even then it has to be pretty extreme and done tastelessly). Bans usually pertain to the reason for the violence; which again how tastefully they are done plays a large role.

They aren't really even banned then, at least not in the U.S., retailers just won't carry AO titles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_banned_video_games
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#72vigorm0rtisPosted 1/28/2013 7:04:41 PM
Gosh, right, I missed 'The Guy Game.' Otherwise known as the game that was banned and 0 effs were given that decade.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#73Halo_ForeverPosted 1/28/2013 11:07:14 PM(edited)
Voted other, since I extended it to flash games and such. Any game dedicated to brutally murder children, who aren't a threat, isn't worth the time protecting. By this I don't mean mods like the ones that allows Princess and the Mayor in Fallout 3 to die (those two deserve a beating), I'm meaning full on killing children for no reason at all in sadistic ways.
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....
#74BJW1980Posted 1/29/2013 12:34:57 AM
"Banning censorship... What were you saying about reduced I.Q.?"

Yeah. Silly me. What was I thinking. Expecting the human race to embrace total freedom of thought is just too much to ask at this point in our evolution. Oops! I went ahead and said the 'E' word. Pardon me!