This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

As you grow older, you'll play less games

#141nintendogamer13Posted 1/28/2013 2:27:54 PM
topic should say "As you grow older, you'll play less NEW games"

The older i get the more im going back to old games and just playing those. Modern gaming just isn't as good.
---
Now playing: FFVII, Persona 3FES, Torchlight 2, witcher 2
#142SonyHoundDawgPosted 1/28/2013 2:38:29 PM
I just buy games I want to play. I try not to get sucked into launch day hype cause that costs money.

I never buy games anymore "just to have them" and then they sit on a shelf for 2 months until I Get to it. Thats the dumbest thing to me cause you can always buy it cheaper in the future used or new. Im also not a collector so I dont care if I end up getting a platinum hits or something in the future.
#143ArmxPosted 1/28/2013 2:44:20 PM
I completely agree with TC. I'm almost 30, and I remember during SNES, PS1, PS2 eras being able to game for up to 16 hours straight. Especially when something like Diablo 2 or Final Fantasy 10 came out. I would play for 8 hours or more a day when I was in school and 12 hours or more during break. It was pretty much a daily habit too and I always kept up with buying new games that I wanted.

Nowadays, I still purchase new games that I want, but I find that they stay on my shelf sealed for weeks or months before I touch them. Now, I play for maybe an hour or two every other day. My perspective, priorities, and life just changed I guess. College happens, girlfriends come and go, your schedule changes several times, your friends' schedules change too, and you get a job or career, and I found that I wanted to do different things with my free time other than game.

I remember last year, I took two weeks off of work to commit to gaming. I actually told my fiance that I didn't want to do anything but game and relax and that I was going to do nothing but game. But after the first day, I wanted to do other things, and I ended up gaming for about 20 hours out of my two weeks off and I spent the rest of my free time going out and spending time with friends or family.

Also to the TC, Howard rules :D
---
Be the change you want to see in the world-Gandhi
If they give you ruled paper, write the other way-JRJ
#144juiceman4519Posted 1/28/2013 2:57:15 PM
Scoter81 posted...
CaPwnD posted...
You're in 20's, aren't you.

nailed it.

In your 20s you think you have it all figured out. You have all the answers. In your thirty's you realize that you didn't have all the answers, and you see how foolish some of your "adult" views were.

By 40 you're convinced that anybody under 30 is a f***ing moron and can f*** the f*** off.

And in your 70's you have nothing better to do but piss people off by driving slowly. Not there yet but I'm close to getting to the point of looking forward to it.

Also fumbling your checking card at the debit reader when trying to pay for things, eventually the cashier takes your card from you and swipes it for you.
---
"When life gives you lemons don't make lemonade, MAKE LIFE TAKE THOSE LEMONS BACK!!" - Cave Johnson, Portal 2
#145Darkside_ShadowPosted 1/28/2013 3:04:21 PM
I remember I was quitting gaming when I was 20. Sold my desktop computer with Battlefield 1942 to an "old" guy 50ish or something. Said to him "yeah it runs great your grand kid will love it".

And he goes "grand kid? no he has a computer, this is for me im gonna play battlefield my computer was just to crappy" Turns out he was playing all kinds of games.

You never get to old. Just sometimes bored.

#146Silent Sniper IVPosted 1/28/2013 3:34:11 PM
I don't play less, but I have become *much* more discriminating in what I play.
---
Irony is a maginot line drawn by the already condemned
#147KotomineKireiPosted 1/28/2013 3:51:03 PM(edited)
SiriusSternFan posted...
Because you get to the point where you've seen it all, and "done" it all. There's not much new material out there, folks...more of the same, with a fresh coat of paint on it. The shooters are mere clones, with new levels, and the other types of games (sports, adveture, etc.) have all been done before.

I know a lot of you get excited, but like I said, as you age, your gameplay will become less of your life.

How naive.
The older you get, the more games you'll play...
...right?
---
"EVENT ENDED!"
---
#148randomweirdoPosted 1/28/2013 3:47:10 PM
I'm 34 and the only reason why I play less is that I have less time than I did as a kid. That is going to happen because an adult will spend more time working than a kid will spend with school (at least until college and then it depends on their classes and line of study).

I was actually more discriminating in what I played as a kid because my money was more limited and I grew up during the SNES gen where the games I enjoyed most were expensive. It's actually harder to consider waiting for a game to drop in price because I'm so used to that not ever happening unless the game was absolute crap. It took me some time to adjust to cheap game not automatically meaning it's a crap game.

But as far as time spent, nope, hasn't changed much other than my having less time to put in, but as far as the percentage of free hours spent gaming, that's still the same. It's just the number of free hours dropped.
#149JJroootPosted 1/28/2013 3:48:08 PM
I say that yet really good games keep surprising me

The Last of Us for example.... never seen a game quite like that one.
---
If alcohol is a crutch, Jack Daniels is a wheelchair
Xbox Live GT: Saynt614
#150Sipher360Posted 1/28/2013 5:12:59 PM
Wow...alot of interesting responses here. Cool thread.... ;-)
---
"Ahk and them never did nothing to me....terrorism is when you hang a * from a tree..." -Grand Puba Maxwell