This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

As you grow older, you'll play less games

#21RE2LeonSPosted 1/27/2013 10:29:47 PM
I'm only playing games less because I'm working two jobs. A full time and a par diem job.
---
My views on DLC, if it takes longer for me to work to pay for it than actually play it, it's not worth it. Don't buy Capcom games! GamerTag - RE2LeonS
#22rockyoumonkeysPosted 1/27/2013 10:34:05 PM
SiriusSternFan posted...
Because you get to the point where you've seen it all, and "done" it all. There's not much new material out there, folks...more of the same, with a fresh coat of paint on it. The shooters are mere clones, with new levels, and the other types of games (sports, adveture, etc.) have all been done before.

I know a lot of you get excited, but like I said, as you age, your gameplay will become less of your life.

I'm probably like twice your age, and the only thing that sets a limit on how much I play is available time, which goes down as you get older.

Sorry you're so jaded already.
---
Formerly Known As: boingboingboing
Now Reading: Great North Road, P. Hamilton
#23Highly EvolvedPosted 1/27/2013 10:34:35 PM
shawnmck posted...
Winternova posted...
I'm 41. I'm playing the same amount of games I played in my 20s...maybe more, as I don't have to worry about dating.

^ The exact same thing here...except that I'm 42.

BTW
I expect Hell to freeze over any time now, because I just agreed with WinterNova.
I always feared that this day would come.

You're just proving his point. Not that there's anything wrong with it, but 41 and 42 single men who devote their free time to gaming aren't exactly the norm.
---
It is the beginning of my end. I've raised you well, GameFAQs. Now go, make me proud. *sniff* - CjayC 7/19/2007
#24majinbuu58Posted 1/27/2013 10:46:03 PM
alienfreaks04 posted...
I game less often than I did in high school. But I'm not bored of it. Just pickier with less free time.

This.. kind of. I have less free time than i did in high school.
#25WinternovaPosted 1/27/2013 10:53:51 PM
Wait until you're older and you're out of work due to a surgery or something like that. It makes for a great excuse to game.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#26TantrumBullPosted 1/27/2013 10:55:18 PM
It all depends on the games that will come out if I'll still be playing them into my late 30's and higher.
---
For what ever reason G_gglypuff completely forgot Ninja Gaiden Black is an Xbox game even though I told him it is and even told him I have it. >_<
#27fffezPosted 1/27/2013 10:59:43 PM
this is true for me, but not for the same reasons as tc

my priorities are different now (i'm in my late 20's) but my desire to play games hasn't changed.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEsPhTbJhuo
#28WinternovaPosted 1/27/2013 11:00:14 PM
I'm a gamer. I'll always be playing games, whether they're board games, card games, pen-and-paper RPGs, video games, LARPs, or whatever else comes along.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#29Super CreaturesPosted 1/27/2013 11:00:15 PM
Highly Evolved posted...
Not that there's anything wrong with it, but 41 and 42 single men who devote their free time to gaming aren't exactly the norm.

Nobody ever said they were single.

I know Winter has talked about his wife in the past, meaning he isn't a 41 year old man who devotes his free time to gaming, except for the fact that he is currently laid up due to surgery.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#30funguy10Posted 1/27/2013 11:08:19 PM
not true at all, gaming is as much apart of me as playing guitar. both of which i've been doing for over 40yrs now.