This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

As you grow older, you'll play less games

#31WinternovaPosted 1/27/2013 11:19:46 PM
Highly Evolved posted...
shawnmck posted...
Winternova posted...
I'm 41. I'm playing the same amount of games I played in my 20s...maybe more, as I don't have to worry about dating.

^ The exact same thing here...except that I'm 42.

BTW
I expect Hell to freeze over any time now, because I just agreed with WinterNova.
I always feared that this day would come.

You're just proving his point. Not that there's anything wrong with it, but 41 and 42 single men who devote their free time to gaming aren't exactly the norm.

My wife works nights as an RN in a state psychiatric hospital. When she's not here, gaming keeps me out of trouble. When she has a night off, I spend time with her...and sometimes that includes gaming - especially Poker Smash. She'll play games on her own too - she loves the Katamari games and the Fable series. So I'm far from "single"...hell, I'm on my second marriage! :-)

I've been playing more games recently as I've been out of work for a bit due to a complicated shoulder surgery...but even when I'm working I make time for gaming, video game and otherwise. It's my hobby and it's a fun way to enjoy an evening with friends.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#32memphis12Posted 1/27/2013 11:25:00 PM
I'm 32 coming up 33. I go to poker with my mates once a week, see my son from my ex every weekend and holidays, have a 14 month son, another one on way, have a good job & game just as much now.
The only thing that is different is online games. I couldn't play Pro Evolution like I used to .. i was ranked in top 1000 years ago, now I'd never be able to completely concentrate. I can't play mmo's now either.

I went through a phase where I didn't feel as interested.. I got my first 1000/1000 with dragons dogma, and it perked up my gaming drive. Dark Souls was next, then the rest followed. Maybe achievs is a "new challenge" you need. I don't know.

Without gaming though, I couldn't escape life when I need to sometimes.

It helps having a great girlfriend that doesn't bust my balls because I have a hobby. She's a nurse as well, so win win ;-)
---
'I wrestled with an alligator,I tussled with a whale,only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick.'
#33JenniferTatePosted 1/27/2013 11:29:46 PM
I do play less games, but not for the reasons you state. I'm not jaded about gaming, though, I just have even more hobbies.
---
Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth. - Mike Tyson
#34Ginsu VictimPosted 1/27/2013 11:36:43 PM
35, married, and I game as much as I always have (which is daily, and with a huge collection).
---
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)
#35jaoman69Posted 1/27/2013 11:40:07 PM
clones are still new games and will continue to be amazing and keep me entertained for the century
#36DCarnagePosted 1/27/2013 11:46:03 PM
pfft, I'm 35 and play more than any other time in my life. If anything, the older I get the more I get to play. It always helps when your children start getting into their teens, they start to become more independent and do their own thing (of course with my permission) and they are also old enough to play the games that I play.
#37Super CreaturesPosted 1/27/2013 11:53:17 PM
DCarnage posted...
(of course with my permission

Keep thinking that.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#38CapwnDPosted 1/27/2013 11:57:17 PM
back going back In all directions, sleeping these insane hours...

I'll never wake up In a good mood again, I'm sick of these stinky boots.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#39AndaryuPosted 1/28/2013 12:08:32 AM
I play two or three times more than I did back when I was younger. It's not really "been there, done that" for me even after gaming for 25+ years straight, it comes down to what types of games you play.
---
We have no choice but to let go of the past to move forward...
#40headwounds13Posted 1/28/2013 12:14:06 AM
Never get too old for post and ghost b**** sessions on gaming message boards though, they're always fresh and exiting.
---
http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx259/headwoundss/129167586636177506-1.gif