This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

As you grow older, you'll play less games

#51CaIiber345Posted 1/28/2013 1:30:57 AM
In my experience, this is true to the following extent.

I still game as much as I used to in terms of time spent gaming, but I play fewer games. I've stopped buying every AAA release day-one, and now pass on many of them completely. I just spend time with the games I really love.
---
When all else fails, and you're being overrun, grab a meatshield.
Hail HYDRA!
#52zorlaczeroheroPosted 1/28/2013 1:41:13 AM
shawnmck posted...
Winternova posted...
I'm 41. I'm playing the same amount of games I played in my 20s...maybe more, as I don't have to worry about dating.

^ The exact same thing here...except that I'm 42.

BTW
I expect Hell to freeze over any time now, because I just agreed with WinterNova.
I always feared that this day would come.

Same here and also 41
---
1 line break(s), 160 characters allowed
#53Hitman1102Posted 1/28/2013 1:43:13 AM
I definitely play a lot less than I did in my teens but thats mainly because I have less free time, not because the quality of games
---
Well, I could be wrong, but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era.
#54JenniferTatePosted 1/28/2013 1:47:12 AM
CaIiber345 posted...
In my experience, this is true to the following extent.

I still game as much as I used to in terms of time spent gaming, but I play fewer games. I've stopped buying every AAA release day-one, and now pass on many of them completely. I just spend time with the games I really love.

This is very much me. I've slowed on picking things up as they come out and am now into taking my time and appreciating games I love. I still find new things to marvel at or have fun with in GTA4, RDR, Bayonetta, and others.

I'm hoping Tomb Raider will be the next game I can get years of replay out of just enjoying the ambiance.
---
Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth. - Mike Tyson
#55OshareKeijiPosted 1/28/2013 2:30:17 AM

I actually play more games now than when I was younger because I own more systems.

Juggling 2 RPGs, one beat-em'up, a TPS and a dance game (not DDR).

The only time I'll ever stop is when I'm six feet under.
---
http://momoiro-rakuen.blogspot.com/
http://game-time-kouryaku.blogspot.com/
#56J2006Posted 1/28/2013 2:42:41 AM
alienfreaks04 posted...
I game less often than I did in high school. But I'm not bored of it. Just pickier with less free time.

same here
---
"You will be judged by what you succeed at, not by what you attempt."
#57NateRose89Posted 1/28/2013 3:08:56 AM
I'm only 23 but I don't see this happening. I'll never work harder than I am now and I'll never work the hours I'm working now yet I still find the time to play games all the time. It's one of the only things that truly relaxes me.
---
"I am no knight. I spit on them and their vows." Sandor Clegane, 1996.
#58Explicit DankPosted 1/28/2013 3:16:47 AM
My dad is in his 60's and not only still plays, but is in an online flight sim squadron.
---
Parental Advisory - Explicit Dank
#59LapanuiPosted 1/28/2013 3:23:33 AM
SythisTaru posted...
Well, I'm going into game design if it kills me (Not as a programmer, but as an audio engineer). So I consider playing games to be studying.

I to want to get into the industry, but as a programmer. I'm getting better at it and understanding a lot more than when I started a couple of years ago. Not just programming either, but general stuff from game developer forums, reading articles and gaining as much knowledge as I can.

I'm turning 21 this year, I have 2 part time jobs which gives me some money for my hobbies. I still live with my parents, but they are always there to support me if I am ever in trouble. We all help each other out as if were a team.

I've been gaming since I was like 5 or something. We owned a SNES and I used to play on it quite a lot. I only have DKC and SMW, but they were and still are great games. Most of my childhood I would play it, couldn't really go out because we lived on a main road and it was dangerous for someone as young as I was. We moved and I spent less time gaming as I started making friends, I still gamed and sometimes gamed with my friends, but not as often.

In my teens I was gaming a hell of a lot, as soon as I came back from school I was either on Monster Hunter or FFXI.

Left school, went to college and took a course which I thought would help me closer to a career in gaming, but it was some crappy BTEC course which I now know is a load of bull. Left after a few months and spent all of my time gaming. Didn't really know what to do because I thought that was the end of that. Parents decided to help me out with my options and we did research, found some courses online, they were just to get me started and come up with a routine because I didn't want to get some crappy job on minimum wage where I will have no future.

Managed to get a lot more information on programming, game development, etc. Now I'm studying, work, game and live a pretty happy life.
---
Intel i7 930 @ 3.2GHz, Zalman CNPS10X Extreme, EVGA x58 FTW Motherboard, Corsair Dominator 6GB DDR3, EVGA GTX 570, Corsair HX 650W Modular PSU.
GT: Zichu
#60Pixx0Posted 1/28/2013 3:24:28 AM
SiriusSternFan posted...
Because you get to the point where you've seen it all, and "done" it all. There's not much new material out there, folks...more of the same, with a fresh coat of paint on it. The shooters are mere clones, with new levels, and the other types of games (sports, adveture, etc.) have all been done before.

I know a lot of you get excited, but like I said, as you age, your gameplay will become less of your life.

sucks to be you TC (and I'm past 40)