This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

As you grow older, you'll play less games

#61majicray2112Posted 1/28/2013 4:29:25 AM
You sound bored.Maybe you should give up gaming and take up something like--cowboy line dancing. I still have fun gaming, the games are not clones and you sound very trollish.
#62BeefEasterPosted 1/28/2013 5:15:46 AM
I'm 31 and I game more now than I did when I was younger because I actually have the money to buy all the games I want

sucks to be you
#63Carte360Posted 1/28/2013 5:23:08 AM
CaPwnD posted...
CaPwnD posted...
You're in 20's, aren't you.

nailed it.

In your 20s you think you have it all figured out. You have all the answers. In your thirty's you realize that you didn't have all the answers, and you see how foolish some of your "adult" views were.

By 40 you're convinced that anybody under 30 is a f***ing moron and can f*** the f*** off.

What if I'm in my teens? I'm scared now. But then again I've seen old timers yap about respect. I know they acted the same way I did when they were young lol.

If you're in your teens you have an excuse.

But no...... in your teens you have an idea. In your 20s you think your idea is right and there is nobody that can tell you differently, after all, you're twenty something! In your 30s you realize that you may not have all the answers but you can fake it pretty good.

I'm in my 20s but I don't think I have any answers. Just taking life 1 day at a time. No idea where I'm headed, just that I'm headed.
---
Why would Microsoft worry about exclusives when it has the awe-inspiring Kinect to sell consoles. - MrRGerk
#64hotmarxPosted 1/28/2013 5:30:23 AM
Play just as much now,if not more,than I did when I got my first set-top Pong game all those years ago.Hell,my old man is in his 80's and he's still one gaming fool.Everytime we a get together,I show up and he already has the Intellivision and the 2600 fired up and ready for us to go old-school.
#65RevZoomPosted 1/28/2013 5:34:06 AM
I didn't begin gaming until I turned 29, before that I had little or no interest... Now at 40, my gaming has only increased over the past 10 years.

No kids, though... I could see how that might interfere. My wife travels for work at least 1 week every month, and gaming keeps my out of trouble.

---
---
GT: oO Durden Oo
Currently Playing: Crysis 2, Dishonored, Halo 4, & The Walking Dead
#66VegetallPosted 1/28/2013 5:35:30 AM
im 30 and there are ALOT of factors to why when you get older you play less, and some to why you play more...

im married with a kid and had a full time job... i had the time my kid went to bed to when i had to go to bed to play games, so maybe an hour to 2 hours... unless the wife took up the TV or wanted to hang... also i found the gym, and at this point would rather go to the gym then play games.... ( i have been playing games steady since i was 4-5) its not like i started playing when i was 10 or 20 and think im a gamer... just wanted to throw that in there...

BUT on the other hand i have freinds that same age full time jobs, but no g/f or wife or kid... and they are on from the time they get out of work to the time they go to bed, which is MUCH later then me...

so its works both ways, i dont think at all when you get older you play less... i hope when im 60-70 with the kids out of the house, im still gaming... running all the young kids in Halo 65.... haha... or still hunting around in borderlands 60.... or running from the cops and blowing stuff up in GTA 70....

gaming is what you make of it no matter the age, but responsibility comes first...
#67renaissoxxPosted 1/28/2013 6:08:40 AM
He's, right, but it may depend on IQ. I am an intuitive rational person with a really high IQ. Video games all seem the same. Every time a dev tries to cut corners, I intuitively grasp what is going on and lose interest. Repetitive content, arbitrary time sinks (like travel time), invalidating content through lack of difficulty (don't need 20 ways to heal when you never take enough damage to need any of them), and many more are all turn offs for me.

I rather feel like there is a perfect game formula and the developers keep striking out time after time trying to reach it. When you have this level of generalization skill it just seems like the same thing over and over with a different coat of paint. Even sci fi movies are completely predictable to me, so the stories are too. More iterations of the same general principals.

Guys in your 40s, what the hell were you playing 20 years ago? Prince of persia 1 and text RPGs on bulletin boards? Pong?

If I made a game people would lose their whole lives in it.
#68reverence27Posted 1/28/2013 6:09:05 AM
32 -"and with my wife and I both working 9-5s I have more time and disposable income to play much more then in my teens and twenties where I hade to work full time and school full time.
---
"I have found Christian dogma unintelligible. Early in life, I absenteed myself from Christian assemblies." ~Benjamin Franklin
#69LoveSheepPosted 1/28/2013 6:13:13 AM
Old enough to be a widower with a decent payout so money and time to game.
---
I rather buy games for consoles then buy consoles for games.
If a game needs DLC to be worth playing it is not worth playing at all
#70djrudenPosted 1/28/2013 6:15:12 AM
I sort of agree but for different reasons. I don't game as much because I have more responsibility. I WISH I could veg out and play games all day (or all summer) but full time career etc doesn't allow it.