This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

As you grow older, you'll play less games

#71jaydigPosted 1/28/2013 5:24:41 AM
SiriusSternFan posted...
Because you get to the point where you've seen it all, and "done" it all. There's not much new material out there, folks...more of the same, with a fresh coat of paint on it. The shooters are mere clones, with new levels, and the other types of games (sports, adveture, etc.) have all been done before.

I know a lot of you get excited, but like I said, as you age, your gameplay will become less of your life.

.... but... new maps! ... I hear ya. I'll always love gaming, but nothing much excites me anymore.

Unrelated note, I dig your username and sig. We should be together forever.
Hi Richard, Hi Fred.
#72drclaeysPosted 1/28/2013 5:33:33 AM
Friends,

I turned 50 this weekend. For my birthday I got a Video game from my wife. Game of thrones. also, I bought 3 of my own. so this week I bought/got 4 video games.

But I do agree. I find it harder and harder to find games I really like. When I do, I play the hell out of them, and get bored. I got up at 2 in the morning, could not sleep, put in oblivion for 1.5 hours. Played, and went back to bed.

so I hope I fit into your average. good luck.
---
Dr. Darrell of Michigan.
#73pakathecatPosted 1/28/2013 5:43:14 AM
I'll be 33 in less than a month. If anything, these days I find myself wanting to play more, though actual gaming time is much more limited than when I was younger due to working full-time in recent years. Gaming is great stress relief and a good escape. Plus, I'm certainly buying more these days since I finally have money to buy any games I want.
#74JKSonicPosted 1/28/2013 5:52:56 AM
Didn't read many of the posts...but directly to the OP, I play less games but not for those reasons at all. If you applied that logic to everything you'd watch less movies, go out to eat less, listen to music less and enjoy things like comedy less too.

I play less games because I'm married, own a house, and have two kids with a third on the way.
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
#75KOTRwhoopsPosted 1/28/2013 5:57:25 AM
I sort of agree. I've been gaming for over 20 years and I often think this but then every now and then a game comes along which reminds me that this isn't really the case. Recent games that have given me that excitement I experienced when I was a boy are Minecraft, Ni No Kuni and Skyrim and then games like Sleeping Dogs which I couldn't put down until I finished due to the pure fin this game was to play.
---
PLAYING - Torchlight II (PC), Walking Dead (360), Okami HD (PS3)
MOST WANTED - FFvsXIII, GTAV, Ni No Kuni, Tales Of Xillia, Lightning Returns
#76AWarAmp84Posted 1/28/2013 6:06:52 AM
I'm 28 and while I'm finding I have less time for gaming due to obvious reasons(work, fiance, chores) I do still do enjoy playing a good game. I also agree that the industry needs some innovation.
---
Before you comment on one of my posts, please research the Dunning-Kruger effect. Best game of all time: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.
#77BLACK_HUNTEXPosted 1/28/2013 6:09:12 AM
SiriusSternFan posted...
Because you get to the point where you've seen it all, and "done" it all. There's not much new material out there, folks...more of the same, with a fresh coat of paint on it. The shooters are mere clones, with new levels, and the other types of games (sports, adveture, etc.) have all been done before.

I know a lot of you get excited, but like I said, as you age, your gameplay will become less of your life.

You know what TC, You are right, After being hugely disappointed in Halo 4's COD style MP that's when it hit me. Games just lost their creative touch.
---
"The deadliest weapon in this game isn't a gun, or an explosive device, or any kind of hi-tech gadget.
It's a steady 4-bar connection".
#78Hawker44Posted 1/28/2013 6:33:06 AM
I'm 35, I play more then I did as a kid, so no
#79nodleyPosted 1/28/2013 6:35:36 AM
At 34 I still game everyday. The only things that have changed is that I swapped school for work and friends for a family.
---
http://www.unikgamer.com/users/msg-2323.html
#80NejiHyuga900Posted 1/28/2013 6:38:36 AM
True story for me. When I was younger, I played video games all the time. I am now 20.6 years old and I haven't been gaming as much as I use to. Well, I do PC gaming more than ever but I have been gaming less on console.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag & Nintendo Network ID: TDPNeji
Steam ID: NejiHyuga900