This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What games are you playing right now and how would you rate them?

#1CyricsServantPosted 1/27/2013 7:13:35 PM
Just curious what everyone is playing at the moment. In order from best to worst . . . *minor spoilers*:

Hotline Miami - 9/10: This is an insanely addicting little indie game. At three hours in I'm already on the final stage, but it's shaping up to be one of the best games I've played in months.

Basically it's a top down action game that requires you to kill every enemy in each stage by any means necessary. That means shooting them up, stabbing them with katanas, bludgeoning them with frying pans, slamming their heads with doors, etc. What makes the game so enthralling is its frenetic pace and over the top violence. I also love the fact that one hit will kill you ala Super Meat Boy, which makes the ensuing chaos that much more exciting and tense. As for the game's plot, you're basically a hitman in a rubber mask who's occasionally harassed by hallucinations of his victims. Yeah, it's pretty ***ing trippy. The music also really makes the game. I haven't been this impressed by an OST since Nier.

Persona 4: Arena - 8.5/10: I'm not very far into this yet, but I can already tell it's a great game. It's a direct sequel to Persona 4 which is one of my favorite RPGs, so I'm pretty much obligated to love it. The combat is unique, and the visuals are incredibly flashy, a lot like Blazblue. They story mode also seems quite long. It plays out sort of like a visual novel with the occasional optional dialogue choice and custscene here and there. There's obviously a ton of single player content here, which is nice to have in a fighting game.

Gears of War 3 - 7/10: Not very far into this game. I'm stuck playing as Marcus again, which isn't a good thing . . . but the intro levels were actually interesting for once. The ship setting was a nice change of pace and the Kraken boss fight was very cool. I just hope the whole GoW3 campaign is like this. The gameplay seems largely unchanged.
#2SunDevil77Posted 1/27/2013 7:17:41 PM
Halo 4: 9/10 with an update, this is the epitome of the perfect multiplayer FPS, for me, at least.

Kirby's Return to Dreamland: 8.5/10 Classic Kirby, needs some more collectibles/abilities.

New Super Mario Bros U: 8/10 The first of the NSMB games I have personally bought, it's quite a bit of fun.

Zombie U: 7/10 One of the few faithful survival horror games as of late, awesome gamepad implementation...but needs a lot of touch up work.

Just finished DmC...which is a 9/10 game. Amazing gameplay, good enough story, gorgeous graphics, and cool artstyle.
---
Bro, when you tack on mass, you sacrifice flexibility. That's just a straight up fact
#3bossk5Posted 1/27/2013 7:24:59 PM
L.A. Noire 8/10
Armored Core V 7/10
Tokyo Jungle 8/10
---
Welcome to Gamefaqs, where trolls run rampant. I buy used games.Pacers 3- whatever...I give up
#4shawnmckPosted 1/27/2013 7:29:58 PM(edited)
RE6
Not perfect, but does a lot of things well...just as long as you consider it an Action/Shooter, and not a survival-horror game.
8/ 10

ZombiU
This game does survival horror right. Plus it has excellent atmosphere.
However, the game does have some serious bugs, and the lack of variety with melee weapons hurts this game.
7.5 / 10

Titan Quest
Is basically an older Diablo clone for the PC, but involves greek mythology.
Despite its age, I CAN'T stop playing it.
Its only flaw is that it lacks any blood & gore.
9.5 / 10

Dragon's Dogma
An ambitious game that does some things surprisingly well, and other things disappointingly mediocre.
Plus the lack of a convenient teleport system and a lame story hurts the game.
But I still like it.
7.5 / 10
#5chex81Posted 1/27/2013 7:33:31 PM
Dead space 2 - 9/10
DmC - 9/10
---
gt/psn: chex81
#6SHAO-KhanPosted 1/27/2013 7:35:55 PM
Uncharted 3 online 7/10 fun if teams are balanced

Musou Orochi Z 9/10 for a ps2 collection port to ps3 , it plays amazingly but visuals are dated

Resident Evil [remake] 10/10 perfection

Tomb Raider 10/10 perfection even if its so old
---
"If we're Evil or Divine , We're the Last in Line" - Ronnie James Dio
#7CyricsServant(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 8:08:40 PM(edited)
SunDevil77 posted...
Kirby's Return to Dreamland: 8.5/10 Classic Kirby, needs some more collectibles/abilities.

I keep meaning to pick this up. I'm just worried it'll be too easy, like Epic Yarn was.

I tend to like easier games, but the fact that you couldn't even die in EY completely sapped the fun out of it. That game literally has chase sequences where you can set your controller down and get a drink, and the game will finish the chase sequence for you. >_>

Dragon's Dogma
An ambitious game that does some things surprisingly well, and other things disappointingly mediocre.
But I still like it.
7.5 / 10

Stick with it. The story has a few twists and turns towards the end that are pretty original. I'd say the last 10 hours of that game are its best. I'm also not sure what class you're playing as, but the Mystic Knight is a lot of fun. There's just something really cool about smacking a ball of energy with a mace and watching dozens of magic missiles shoot out of it and rip your foes to shreds. Everyone seems to be in love with the assassin class though.
#8SunDevil77Posted 1/27/2013 8:09:06 PM
CyricsServant posted...
SunDevil77 posted...

I keep meaning to pick this up. I'm just worried it'll be too easy, like Epic Yarn was.

I tend to like easier games, but the fact that you couldn't even die in EY completely sapped the fun out of it. That game literally has chase sequences where you can set your controller down and get a drink, and the game will finish the chase sequence for you. >_>

The first half of the game is a walk in the park, towards the middle though...some of the levels are quite tough.

An amazing co op experience too, if you have someone to play with!
---
Bro, when you tack on mass, you sacrifice flexibility. That's just a straight up fact
#9crazyray47Posted 1/27/2013 8:28:23 PM
Black ops 2.....10/10 due to the abnormal addiction it has bestowed upon me......
#10shawnmckPosted 1/27/2013 8:37:05 PM
CyricsServant posted...

Dragon's Dogma
But I still like it.
7.5 / 10

Stick with it. The story has a few twists and turns towards the end that are pretty original. I'd say the last 10 hours of that game are its best. I'm also not sure what class you're playing as, but the Mystic Knight is a lot of fun. There's just something really cool about smacking a ball of energy with a mace and watching dozens of magic missiles shoot out of it and rip your foes to shreds. Everyone seems to be in love with the assassin class though.

^ I've already beaten it, and I absolutely love this game's portrayal of Dragons (best of any game ever)....but I just did not like the story.
But I am on my second play-through....and can't wait til the Dark Arisen game comes out.
That looks epic.