This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What games are you playing right now and how would you rate them?

#41rdking96Posted 2/5/2013 8:58:22 PM
Max Payne 3 - 8.8/10

Pros:
Incredible gameplay
The mechanics are so smooth.
The attention to detail is incredible.
The environments vary drastically - which is a MUST for more linear shooters like this

Cons:
The cutscenes piss me off. Why are you arbitrarily writing out certain phrases? Why are you trying to give me a seizure? Stop with the flashing and the side scrolling. It's distracting.

NHL 13 - 8.0/10

Pros:
So many game modes to choose from.
Finally some of the player models actually look like the reallife counter parts.

Cons:
The "realistic skating physics" are wonky and almost too realistic. Sometimes players get caught behind the net and on boards because they can't turn sharp enough. Very frustrating.
---
"There won't be any money...but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness...So I got that goin' for me - which is nice."
#42Justice98405Posted 2/5/2013 9:23:59 PM
Ni no Kuni, 8.5 easily, maybe a 9. Still don't care for the art style (but it's not keeping me from the game) and the enemy designs are VERY inspired, and just a great game all around so far.

Fire Emblem: Awakening, it's very early, but off first impressions, 8. Looks like another solid entry in the series, and the battle animations are VERY nice for this first entry on the 3DS. Review score could easily go up some once I get more time with the game.

Dragon Quest IX, ? I have no idea, haven't put hardly any time into it yet, just got it the other day.

Pokemon Black, ? Same as above, I just got the game the other day, and it's my first ever real Pokemon game.
---
To the mattresses.
PSN: Justice_98405, Xbox Live: Justice98405
#43Banana_ManaPosted 2/6/2013 1:27:53 AM
Far Cry 3 - Just started (only 1 hour in): 8.5/10.
Final Fantasy XIII - Somewhere on the 2nd disc: 9/10.
Black Ops 2 - Only play multiplayer: 8/10.
Borderlands 2 - Finished the game, doing 2nd run, and playing with other characters: 9/10.
Dead or Alive 5 - Just messing about really: 6/10.
Tropico 4 - Building the perfect island: 8.5/10.
WWE 13 - Just started, and mostly just messing about: 7/10.

I could continue... I am currently playing about 20 games (short attention span)...

Will stop for now though.
---
An Englishman, an Irishman and a Scotsman walk into a bar. The barman looks at them and says: "Is this some kind of a joke?
#44Banana_ManaPosted 2/6/2013 1:28:47 AM
Banana_Mana posted...
Far Cry 3 - Just started (only 1 hour in): 8.5/10.
Final Fantasy XIII - Somewhere on the 2nd disc: 9/10.
Black Ops 2 - Only play multiplayer: 8/10.
Borderlands 2 - Finished the game, doing 2nd run, and playing with other characters: 9/10.
Dead or Alive 5 - Just messing about really: 6/10.
Tropico 4 - Building the perfect island: 8.5/10.
WWE 13 - Just started, and mostly just messing about: 7/10.

I could continue... I am currently playing about 20 games (short attention span)...

Will stop for now though.

Dragon's Dogma - How could I forget!!! Not that far into it, around 10 hours maybe: 9/10.
---
An Englishman, an Irishman and a Scotsman walk into a bar. The barman looks at them and says: "Is this some kind of a joke?
#45Perfect LightPosted 2/6/2013 5:04:43 AM
Orcs Must Die!: 8.5/10
Skylanders Giants: 9/10 (bought it so my wife and I could play together)
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIbu3wJDmVQ - New gaming series
My podcast: hulkshare.com/inferiorminds
#46CyricsServant(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 6:49:22 PM
Justice98405 posted...
Ni no Kuni, 8.5 easily, maybe a 9. Still don't care for the art style (but it's not keeping me from the game) and the enemy designs are VERY inspired, and just a great game all around so far.

Interesting. I don't care for the art style either, but this game keeps getting a lot of praise.

Anyway . . .

Lone Survivor keeps its 8/10, though I want to give it more. Though I enjoyed the simulation component where you need to keep your character fed, well rested, and mentally healthy, it could get obnoxious at points. It kind of dampens my interest in doing a second run. As a horror game though, LS is amazing. I'd say it's even a little better than Amnesia.
#47TheGrandFinalePosted 2/10/2013 6:59:52 PM(edited)
Fire Emblem: Awakening - 10/10, the best SRPG I've ever played. Gorgeous, emotional and rich. The amount of content is staggering.

Borderlands 2 - 9/10, one of my favorite games this gen. Hundreds of hours spent into it, and my only qualm is how boring it can get to level new characters on replays.

Street Fighter X Tekken 2013 : 9/10, from unplayable mess that was too poorly balanced even for home play, to perfectly fine competitive fighter in one patch. I didn't believe the early reports but they were right.
---
GT- F0rneus / Nintendo Network - F0rneus / PSN -Helphinx / Steam- Chern0bog / 3DS FC: 4425-1553-4029
#48656stoogePosted 2/10/2013 7:06:12 PM(edited)
Thanks for reminding me I need to get To The Moon when my new credit card arrives TC. But at the moment I'm playing-

Munch's Oddysee HD: I love the series and will happily support it, but this port isn't anywhere near as good as Stranger's Wrath was. The sound quality is really bad and distracts me at every possible opportunity, and on top of that Munch's Oddysee was never really that good to begin with. Still love Oddworld though.
6/10

Chrono Trigger: Just like the Princess Bride, it's one of those things that despite the unreal expectations placed on it, still manages to live up to the hype. My first time playing it and I'm humming the soundtrack everywhere I go. Inconceivably good!
10/10

Grand Theft Auto IV: Got it for free with my new 360 and decided to give it a go despite not liking what I played it of at launch. I have to admit I'm kind of addicted to it at the moment. I think it helps that I'm sticking to the missions this time and not just screwing around, so people calling me up and demanding I entertain them isn't as obnoxious as before.
6.5/10

Resident Evil 6: On my second playthrough and enjoying the patches. It' still pretty annoying in parts though, but it's better than the some of it's parts...just.
7/10

Drinking a beer and chilling out to Syd Barret's Floyd: Priceless!
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKk-9lPMQZ0
--Car boot and pigeon ****
#49CaseyJonezPosted 2/10/2013 7:23:48 PM
^Frog's theme?

Diablo 1 on PS1 8/10
Loses a few points due to clunky controls and the lack of any split screen.

Lost Odyssey 5/10 (so far)
The game feels very drawn out. Combat is slow. even little events such as opening a chest feels like it takes three times longer than it should. The maps are large but contain very little to explore and few buildings of any importance giving them an empty feel. A lot of the dialogue feels like senseless fluff, especially when Jensen opens his stupid narrow face. Part of what bothers me is they're spending a lot of time focusing on the character story before the plot picks up which does not help grab my interest.

It does have an interesting premise. The graphics and voice acting are very nice. Combat mechanics and strategy are somewhat unique. I do have high hopes that the game and thus my impression will improve by the second disc.
---
Signature pending mod approval.
#50656stoogePosted 2/10/2013 7:24:32 PM
Forest theme.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKk-9lPMQZ0
--Car boot and pigeon ****