This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What games are you playing right now and how would you rate them?

#71GorillaOnRoofPosted 2/18/2013 7:23:49 PM
7/10,
7/10,
8.5/10,
and 6/10
---
A Mod/Admin replied on 11/5/2011 6:06:56 PM:
Telling other users to smell your ass is trolling. End of story.
#72CyricsServant(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 7:30:48 PM
GorillaOnRoof posted...
6/10

**** you.

It's a great game, you clearly just can't appreciate it.
#73GorillaOnRoofPosted 2/18/2013 7:33:16 PM
CyricsServant posted...
GorillaOnRoof posted...
6/10

**** you.

It's a great game, you clearly just can't appreciate it.

Oh look, wow, yet another rabid fanboy, enraged with rabies. Go back and play COD, and pew pew your way to the top of the leaderboard.
---
A Mod/Admin replied on 11/5/2011 6:06:56 PM:
Telling other users to smell your ass is trolling. End of story.
#74Killah PriestPosted 2/18/2013 7:40:23 PM
Dead Space 3 Co-Op - 4/10 - Poor, game is unremarkable and severely flawed.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#75flame030191Posted 2/18/2013 7:45:13 PM
Ive been playing a few games offline since my internet is disconnected atm.

The games with ratings are:

Oblivion: 9/10. Lots of content, better gameplay than Morrowind, but not a really good main storyline

Skyrim: 8/10. Good amount of content, refined combat is better. The NPCs arent as impressive and the story in every faction was bland.

Batman: AC 8/10. Very well done gameplay, good size. Lost the suspense felt in AA, though, and the story fell apart halfway through.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
The more people post on GameFaqs, the more I lose faith in humanity.
#76CyricsServant(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 3:22:31 PM
Bought the Fallout games and the Thief games during a recent STEAM sale.

They're . . . alright, I guess, but the gameplay and visuals are extremely dated in both series. Also, Windows 7 doesn't take kindly to Fallout 1 and 2, so the visuals are a little messed up. Also, this might sound weird, but the stages in Thief: Gold feel a little too sprawling. For instance, during the first level I don't feel like I'm raiding a mansion but a series of long corridors that ultimately lead to new corridors. It's just . . . really peculiar level design.

I'm not sure I'm going to play any of the games I've bought to completion, but I'm still going to give each of them at least another hour before writing them off. Coupled with experience with the Penumbra series, I might have to stop buying old PC series whenever they go on sale. Time has not been kind to the ones I've played.
#77rockyoumonkeysPosted 2/22/2013 7:30:29 PM
I've been juggling a bunch of games. There's just nothing I really want to focus on exclusively until Bioshock comes out.

Crysis (the first one): Has some pretty tedious moments, but it's been picking up. However, I feel like I'm well into this game, and I'm still just fighting Koreans. When the **** do the aliens show up? (For real, not the brief cameos they've had so far.) I'm also playing a bit of Crysis 3 multiplayer. It's okay.

Rage: Second playthrough, because of the recent Scorchers DLC. I really like this game, and this second playthrough is reminding me that it's really a bigger game than I'd originally given it credit for. I finished the first playthrough feeling like it was just too small. Not enough environments/levels, stuff like that. Still a beautiful looking game all around, too.

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning: I was like 65 hours in after it came out, and I just stopped. Recently picked it back up to make some more progress. Difficulty is all over the damn place because I have a ton of sidequests that have been sitting there forever, and I don't remember anything about what I was doing and what the story was from before. I also largely forgot how to play, so it's been giving me fits there as well.

Lego: The Lord of the Rings: At first, it felt too big, too unorganized. I've finished the Fellowship levels, and it still feels pretty scattered in terms of the quests, the mythril blocks, and all that stuff, and while I'm usually a Lego completionist, I don't really know if I see myself bothering in this game. There's just too much....stuff and the open world is not that much fun to get around in.
---
Formerly Known As: boingboingboing
Now Reading: Great North Road, P. Hamilton
#78XechsPosted 2/22/2013 8:44:26 PM(edited)
Fire emblem awakening 10/10
MGR 9/10
Ni No Kuni- 9/10
Street Fighter X Tekken 8/10

So far it's been a fairly amazing 2013 for me. MGR is another awesome action game worthy to be in any hack&slash fans library, fire emblem is probably top 2 or even the best in the franchise (from what was localized). Ni No kuni is a throw back to pure simple JRPG with amazingly charming presentation. SfxT made me believe again in patches so many companies drop patching games on consoles it's nice to see here. It's a little too late though has I have poured too much effort into other fighters, but it gives me hope in teken x SF.

Now I just need tomb raider and bioshock to continue the awesome streak.
---
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u222/xechs/1198847692478tg1.gif
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u222/xechs/rankastar.gif Ranka-Macross Frontier
#79CyricsServant(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 4:38:05 PM(edited)
I've been putting more time into STEAM. Thief: Gold is woefully outdated, to the point where I'm not really having fun with it, though I can see how it was probably an amazing game back in the day. The Fallout games seem pretty dated too. For some reason I was expecting them to be more similar to older, isometric fantasy RPGs (e.g. Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Planescape: Torment). They really aren't.

I also gave Scratches: Director's Cut a try, but the screen goes black after the first five minutes or so of gameplay.

. . . *sigh*

So I guess I'm done buying older games on STEAM. Even when they're dirt cheap, they're just not worth it.

/blogfaqs

L.A. Noire: Complete Edition - 8 (no change): I'm almost finished with the Vice plot arc. It's a really good game, it's just a bit too repetitious. Most of the cases are entertaining though.
#80CyricsServant(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2013 3:57:25 PM
L.A. Noire: Complete Edition - 8: I finally polished this game off. It wasn't bad at all! Team Bondi did a great job with the facial animations, and some of the cases (especially the DLC ones) were pretty creative. The game play does get a bit stale after a while, but the story kept me engaged. The ending was a bit too abrupt though.

Dear Esther - 7.5: This is a short game. Not "Thirty Flights of Loving" short, but at just over an hour long, some players might not feel there's enough "game" here to justify a purchase. The gameplay is also incredibly basic. You can walk and you can focus on certain objects, but that's pretty much it. However, if you're a fan of beautiful, borderline surreal imagery and cryptic, well-written narratives, then you're in for a treat. I've had Dear Esther described to me as a ghost story and after playing it I'm not sure that's the case. It's not a game that should be taken at face value. Imo, this is just another example of a unique gaming experience that just wouldn't exist without indie gaming.