This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is SH: Downpour any good?

#1mrhappyguy12345Posted 1/27/2013 8:11:01 PM
I've played just about every game in the series, and thought homecoming was a solid game. How's downpour?
---
What happened to happy, non-jaded gamers?
#2CyricsServantPosted 1/27/2013 8:32:26 PM(edited)
It's my favorite SH since the original trilogy.

It tries a lot of new things, but it's more hit than miss. Also a lot of the game's sidequests are really creative . . . Honestly, half of them are more compelling than the main story.
#3Dark_SpiretPosted 1/27/2013 8:30:42 PM
combat is a bit messy and the monster design leaves a lot to be desired, but its quite good in most other ways. if you atleast enjoyed HC then youll like DP. id also agree its the best SH since 3.
#4darkharePosted 1/27/2013 8:32:18 PM
for this devs team first outting into the silent hill universe i thought they did a fantastic job, id like to see them do another silent hill game.
---
a fish knows nothing but biting the hook.
#5CyricsServantPosted 1/27/2013 8:33:46 PM
darkhare posted...
for this devs team first outting into the silent hill universe i thought they did a fantastic job, id like to see them do another silent hill game.

I'd like that too. I don't think it's going to happen though. The franchise seems like it's on the verge of being shelved.
#6RedJacksonPosted 1/27/2013 8:34:33 PM
We're not getting hit with any other survival horror games that actually try to use atmosphere so a new SH game is always worth putting down money as long as it's not the SH game that's on the Vita.. That's just..

It's not SH >_>
#7DieMyBridePosted 1/27/2013 9:38:11 PM
I was thinking of picking this up. Would be the first Silent Hill game I've played. Wasn't there something about putting the save file on a memory stick to prevent freezing?
---
XboxLive GT:JoeStillLife
#8pestilence4201Posted 1/27/2013 10:20:32 PM
Just ordered the game off of Amazon today for $13 and change. Looking forward to playing it
---
There's a, uh, big machine in the sky, some kind of, well, electric snake, coming straight at us. -Raoul Duke-
#9RE2LeonSPosted 1/27/2013 11:28:00 PM
The game is just 'okay'. It's a laggy mess, even after the patch that took nearly more than half a year to release. All the enemies are humanoid due to the combat system, which isn't good either. There's a lot more I wish this game had but fell very short on. In the end I enjoy what little experience I had with it, just wish it was developed a little more.
---
My views on DLC, if it takes longer for me to work to pay for it than actually play it, it's not worth it. Don't buy Capcom games! GamerTag - RE2LeonS
#10Billy_DeliciousPosted 1/28/2013 1:59:28 AM
Excellent game, I thought. Much more of a traditional survival horror without a huge amount of backtracking, which was awesome.

The soundtrack, despite the lack of Yamaoka, was really good, the game excelled at creating a good atmosphere, and I found Murphy a pretty interesting and cool protagonist.

For me, it's my favourite SH other than 2. I know that will be an unpopular opinion but who cares, either way it's probably the best the series has seen in about 10 years.

Also I thought Homecoming sucked ;)
---
"Come on, Billy, we both know Resident Evil 5 is the best game this gen."- Arucard06