This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is SH: Downpour any good?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Is SH: Downpour any good?
4 years ago#1
I've played just about every game in the series, and thought homecoming was a solid game. How's downpour?
What happened to happy, non-jaded gamers?
4 years ago#2
It's my favorite SH since the original trilogy.

It tries a lot of new things, but it's more hit than miss. Also a lot of the game's sidequests are really creative . . . Honestly, half of them are more compelling than the main story.
4 years ago#3
combat is a bit messy and the monster design leaves a lot to be desired, but its quite good in most other ways. if you atleast enjoyed HC then youll like DP. id also agree its the best SH since 3.
4 years ago#4
for this devs team first outting into the silent hill universe i thought they did a fantastic job, id like to see them do another silent hill game.
a fish knows nothing but biting the hook.
4 years ago#5
darkhare posted...
for this devs team first outting into the silent hill universe i thought they did a fantastic job, id like to see them do another silent hill game.

I'd like that too. I don't think it's going to happen though. The franchise seems like it's on the verge of being shelved.
4 years ago#6
We're not getting hit with any other survival horror games that actually try to use atmosphere so a new SH game is always worth putting down money as long as it's not the SH game that's on the Vita.. That's just..

It's not SH >_>
4 years ago#7
I was thinking of picking this up. Would be the first Silent Hill game I've played. Wasn't there something about putting the save file on a memory stick to prevent freezing?
XboxLive GT:JoeStillLife
4 years ago#8
Just ordered the game off of Amazon today for $13 and change. Looking forward to playing it
There's a, uh, big machine in the sky, some kind of, well, electric snake, coming straight at us. -Raoul Duke-
4 years ago#9
The game is just 'okay'. It's a laggy mess, even after the patch that took nearly more than half a year to release. All the enemies are humanoid due to the combat system, which isn't good either. There's a lot more I wish this game had but fell very short on. In the end I enjoy what little experience I had with it, just wish it was developed a little more.
My views on DLC, if it takes longer for me to work to pay for it than actually play it, it's not worth it. Don't buy Capcom games! GamerTag - RE2LeonS
4 years ago#10
Excellent game, I thought. Much more of a traditional survival horror without a huge amount of backtracking, which was awesome.

The soundtrack, despite the lack of Yamaoka, was really good, the game excelled at creating a good atmosphere, and I found Murphy a pretty interesting and cool protagonist.

For me, it's my favourite SH other than 2. I know that will be an unpopular opinion but who cares, either way it's probably the best the series has seen in about 10 years.

Also I thought Homecoming sucked ;)
"Come on, Billy, we both know Resident Evil 5 is the best game this gen."- Arucard06
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Is SH: Downpour any good?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived