This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it worth getting Mass Effect Trilogy for Xbox 360?

#1zaiwenPosted 1/28/2013 12:14:47 AM
While i played & finished the 3 games prior to this trilogy title, i sold em right after finishing the game. I just felt compelled getting it (& possibly play it all over again) but this time actually considering each & every singleplayer dlc released. I've no intention or interest in ME3s online mind you.

You might suggest that im better off getting the PS3 version due to additional dlc on disc already but i just prefer the series played on x360.

Is it worth to relive Sheps journey? Is it better to buy MET brand new? Or get the games separately for dirt cheap? Of course if i get it used id have to spend another 1200 or so mspts for cerberus network on top of the $50+ on dlc, however purchasing all the dlc will only apply if & when i decide to get MET.

Pls share your inputs. Your insights can help me decide on this matter, tyvm.
---
GT & PSN: zaiwen3
#2Runner_stylePosted 1/28/2013 12:43:49 AM
You mention that you've played the games before were they also used copies? If not you won't need to purchase another Cerberus Network key since the key from before will still be valid.

If they was used I would still recommend buying the games individually since it'd be cheaper.

All prices are from what I've seen on Amazon

ME1 - Buy used $10
ME2 - New $14, Used $5 buying new would be cheaper since you'll get an unused Cerberus Network Key.
ME3 - Buy used $15

In the end it all comes down to whether or not you really want to play them again, or if it's just a passing thought you've had.
---
Some idiots on GFaqs need to learn the difference between trolling, and a different opinion. If you're offended by this sig, you're one of those idiots.
#3ZacTBPosted 1/28/2013 12:54:28 AM
Don't buy Mass Effect 2 or 3 used. 2 has a pass for decent DLC (normally 1200 I think) and 3 has an online pass (normally 800)
#4zaiwen(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 1:10:10 AM
Only ME1 & ME3 i bought brand new. I got ME2 used back then coz back then there werent any copies on local stores. So yes i had no access to cerberus network to this day..

Saw a sealed copy of MET for $49 (tax included) earlier so that grabbed my attention quite abit.
---
GT & PSN: zaiwen3
#5HeliosAscensionPosted 1/28/2013 6:39:23 AM
Go for it. The dlc from mass effect 2 alone is awesome assuming you'll buy that too
---
I don't need games to be mature.I need them to entertain me.And sometimes what entertains me is a couple chicks with huge bouncing chests pummeling each other.
#6PikanRikanPosted 1/28/2013 11:31:36 AM
As someone who's never owned any of the ME games (I'm a new 360 owner) would it be a better overall package to get the trilogy or each game used individually?
#7HeliosAscensionPosted 1/29/2013 6:28:36 PM
I'd just grab the trilogy for sake of ease. Then buytthe other dlc separately if you like it.
---
I don't need games to be mature.I need them to entertain me.And sometimes what entertains me is a couple chicks with huge bouncing chests pummeling each other.
#8flame030191Posted 1/29/2013 6:31:56 PM
I'd say do it, simply because it is one of the best series this gen IMO. I do wish they would have given us the PS3 version of ME2, though. The ME2 engine wasn't as good as the ME3 beta engine used in the PS3 port.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
The more people post on GameFaqs, the more I lose faith in humanity.
#9HeliosAscensionPosted 1/29/2013 9:50:47 PM
While the PS3 version looked slightly better, I much prefer the X360 Mass Effect 2 simply due to the fact that there wasn't as much issue with textures not being lined up properly and getting lots of white lines in the seams, and being able to detect things in other rooms by simply looking in their direction was kind of weird in some of the DLC for the Playstation 3. Both great versions of the game though.
---
#10Shaolin015Posted 1/29/2013 9:54:57 PM
If you can still watch the matrix after watching its horrible nonsensical ending, then you should play mass effect with its horrible nonsensical ending