This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Differences between game disc and digital game?

#11TheRobPosted 1/28/2013 4:45:03 PM
BluesSoul617 posted...
Carte360 posted...
BluesSoul617 posted...
So it's like starting a game from Arcade right? Nice.

On top of that, you get 2 copies of the game instead of 1.

So yeah.. GoD is better than most people think.

Um, two copies? Explain. And what is GoD? I even googled it :P

glassghost0 posted...
Licenses....anyone can play it on the console you download it on, and you can play it on any console as long as you're signed into xbox live

I can take advantage of that. Thanks for noting that out.

GoD = Games on Demand

Also, I believe he means you get "2 copies" because you can download it on another console for someone else to have and still use it on another console as long as you're signed in to your profile.
---
The People's Heel
IF YA SMEELLLALALAO..WHAT THE ROB IS COOKING !!!
'B-|
#12lokinineteenPosted 1/28/2013 4:48:57 PM
GoD = Games on Demand

Im not the best at explaining things but if you downloaded a GoD onto a friends console first with your gamertag then anyone can use that game on that console. Then re download the GoD on to your own console with your gamertag as long as youre signed into Live then you can (plus any other tag) play the same game.
#13Carte360Posted 1/28/2013 4:50:53 PM
BluesSoul617 posted...
Carte360 posted...
BluesSoul617 posted...
So it's like starting a game from Arcade right? Nice.

On top of that, you get 2 copies of the game instead of 1.

So yeah.. GoD is better than most people think.

Um, two copies? Explain. And what is GoD? I even googled it :P

glassghost0 posted...
Licenses....anyone can play it on the console you download it on, and you can play it on any console as long as you're signed into xbox live

I can take advantage of that. Thanks for noting that out.

god= Games on demand.

And, just like ghost said, it gives you 2 licenses.

So, say you want to play Saints Row 2 with a friend, well if you put YOUR account on his xbox360, buy SR2 and then download your account back onto your xbox360, you'll both have a copy (license) of SR2.

However, you'll be the only one on your xbox360 that can play SR2, while anyone can play it on his xbox360.

Might need to google it for it to make more sense.

And the mods may delete this post because they are stupid and think this is against MS tos. I remember first posting about this before people really know about it and was suspended, hah.
---
Why would Microsoft worry about exclusives when it has the awe-inspiring Kinect to sell consoles. - MrRGerk
#14BluesSoul617(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 4:54:41 PM
Ok it all makes sense about the two copies. I did the same thing for my friend that wanted access to my Skyrim DLCs. Thanks for answering all my questions, everyone.
---
Blues Soul 617
#15flame030191Posted 1/28/2013 4:57:31 PM
The only real difference is that you need to wait for it to download, but they typically run smoother and load faster when its digital than even when you have the game installed to the hard drive.

Usually, its not by a huge margin, though.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
The more people post on GameFaqs, the more I lose faith in humanity.
#16BluesSoul617(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 4:59:17 PM
flame030191 posted...
The only real difference is that you need to wait for it to download, but they typically run smoother and load faster when its digital than even when you have the game installed to the hard drive.

Usually, its not by a huge margin, though.

That's really nice. I had to install a few games since some games like to freeze and 1-2 discs were scratched from moving the console >.<
---
Blues Soul 617
#17Super CreaturesPosted 1/28/2013 6:05:06 PM
Carte360 posted...
However, you'll be the only one on your xbox360 that can play SR2

That isn't entirely accurate.

As long as the purchasing account is connected to Live on the console, any account can use it, not just the purchasing account.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#18Carte360Posted 1/28/2013 7:01:04 PM
Super Creatures posted...
Carte360 posted...
However, you'll be the only one on your xbox360 that can play SR2

That isn't entirely accurate.

As long as the purchasing account is connected to Live on the console, any account can use it, not just the purchasing account.

Hm, well I guess, but what I meant was if he wanted to play a co-op game using his account. xD

But yeah, you're right. GoD is amazing.
---
Why would Microsoft worry about exclusives when it has the awe-inspiring Kinect to sell consoles. - MrRGerk