This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How can you get tired of gaming when you only play Call of Duty?

#1Scarecrow1711Posted 1/28/2013 2:08:44 PM
Seriously, go try other things. A guy I know said games are getting boring yet the only games he plays are CoD BO2 and the occasional Halo 4. He's basically limiting himself to two franchises. I just don't get how you can get tired of games in general when you only play FPS games. This is the same guy who said Skyrim was overrated and stupid and that getting clothes is more manlier than getting games for Christmas. >_>
---
HS Beta of Current Events. Official Insecteon of Eevee Corps. Official Insecteon of Pokemon X Board.
#2pothocketPosted 1/28/2013 2:11:31 PM
Well, I trust my family to not buy me clothes that would make me look like a dumbass but I don't trust them to pick out kickass games.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#3Luthor_Posted 1/28/2013 2:12:06 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4Luthor_Posted 1/28/2013 2:13:36 PM
He's not a "real" gamer. He just enjoys a few video games.

You can't expect him to be savvy.
---
*jumps out of bush and throws spear*
-GorillaOnRoof
#5lokinineteenPosted 1/28/2013 2:13:44 PM
Ive just rekindled my love affair of gaming after personal stuff in my life with Farcry 3, Assassins Creed 3, Sleeping Dogs and now Im tackling Ghost Recon Future Soldier but tbh I think the direction GR has taken with these last few games I shant bother with anymore. Ubisoft making some great games atm.
#6Scarecrow1711(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 2:16:50 PM
Luthor_ posted...
He's not a "real" gamer. He just enjoys a few video games.

You can't expect him to be savvy.

Here's the thing, he calls himself a "real" gamer.
---
HS Beta of Current Events. Official Insecteon of Eevee Corps. Official Insecteon of Pokemon X Board.
#7TBONE_OGPosted 1/28/2013 2:21:41 PM
Your friend is losing out.

And I'd rather get clothes (or whatever) as a gift than games.

A few reasons:

1) I'm a grown man and can buy my own games.

2) I would feel bad for family to spend money on game stuff and get ripped off. They don't know how to buy games on a deal, used, or where like me (and most of us on this board). However, I do let MS points slide.

3) Don't need family members thinking, oh this dude just plays games all the time/this is all he wants.

4) Really dislike shopping for clothes. Yes, I'm naked.
---
Always O.G.
#8richboy900Posted 1/28/2013 2:32:39 PM
Cod is alright, but I play bf3 and forza. I get bored of cod after a couple of hrs tho, and I cud play bf3 until my eyes got sore/red lol :(.
#9RayzerTagPosted 1/28/2013 2:34:34 PM
Give him Portal or Bastion. They're easy to get into, different, cheap, short, and above all, fun.
---
Baseless prediction as of 01/04/13 : the next Xbox will be called the Xbox On.
#10triple sPosted 1/28/2013 2:35:03 PM
Scarecrow1711 posted...
Seriously, go try other things. A guy I know said games are getting boring yet the only games he plays are CoD BO2 and the occasional Halo 4. He's basically limiting himself to two franchises. I just don't get how you can get tired of games in general when you only play FPS games. This is the same guy who said Skyrim was overrated and stupid and that getting clothes is more manlier than getting games for Christmas. >_>

Why get so bothered by this? Maybe he's not that into games, simple as that.
---
GT:Triple S 06
PSN:Triple_S_09