This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Last week I gambled and bought GTA: San Andreas

#1Desmond_BruthaPosted 1/28/2013 5:41:13 PM
After playing the hell out of GTA IV and looking for something new, I gave it a shot. Took me about two hours to get past the hprrible downgrade in graphics. Now, I am many hours into the game and I cannot beleive how amazing this game is! I thought GTA IV was the top dog but brutha, this game has so much life to it! The setting, just makes me happy alone, I feel like its one big party of crazyness. I was blown away when I was on a free way and one person ran into my parked car and got mad, then another person hit them, then another, soon there was a 15 man riot lol!

There is so much to see and do, the characters are really funny, the music is pretty addicting, just nothing like I expected. This might be my favorite game I have played in years. Amazing. Thanks to the people that recommended this to me even though I told them I was not going to be interested!
#2ACHEEKSMALLOYPosted 1/28/2013 5:49:07 PM
well you cant get much worse than gta4. i highly recommend vice city. not as much to it as SA but the setting/story are amazing
---
Gamertag: ALMIGHTY CHEEKS
#3Desmond_Brutha(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 6:07:16 PM
Yep I played that when it first came out. After that I hadn't played a GTA until IV
#4vigorm0rtisPosted 1/28/2013 6:11:45 PM
I never really 'got' GTA until it put on it's big boy pants in IV. Still don't. Maybe I should give it another whirl.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#5superweskerPosted 1/28/2013 6:16:52 PM
I tried it years ago but didn't give it a chance. Would you say it has a 90s gangster era feel? I will play it for that soul reason if that's the case. Not sure if I can get over the crappy graphics. Are they that bad?
---
"Japan is also a country where you can buy period blood stained/poop stained panties in vending machines"-zidane15.....GT: crazydaygo
#6Desmond_Brutha(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 6:24:52 PM
It def has a 90's west coast gangster feel that's done well but that's only a part of it. It does a lot of stuff very well and the story is much bigger than one theme so far. Also some great voice acting.
#7SunDevil77Posted 1/28/2013 6:27:14 PM
ACHEEKSMALLOY posted...
well you cant get much worse than gta4

Thats downright incorrect.

4 is amazing, SA is great, but Vice City is my personal favorite.
---
Bro, when you tack on mass, you sacrifice flexibility. That's just a straight up fact
#8NakedSnake1986Posted 1/28/2013 7:35:30 PM
The graphics in all ps2 era GTA games are horrible even for the time they came out in. Take that and upscale the horrible graphics to hd and it just looks god awful.

Past the graphics, the game is so far technically mastered I would think this game was made for the Xbox720. You play in an open world STATE.
---
Tied to a wheel, fingers got to feel,
Bleeding through a tourniquet smile
#9Desmond_Brutha(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 7:44:00 PM
Yea the State thing shocked me. There was a mission where I had to drive across country in a van, I put on the cinematic camera and just enjoyed the music, felt like a damn vacation lol. Was awesome. The scale is so massive. I just discovered triathlons which are WAY better than they were in GTA IV. Don't know why GTA IV's are so lame in comparison.
#10Dragon NexusPosted 1/28/2013 7:45:58 PM
There was a mission where I had to drive across country in a van, I put on the cinematic camera and just enjoyed the music, felt like a damn vacation lol. Was awesome. The scale is so massive.

One of my favourite sections of the game are right after the first city. I love getting on one of those big armchair-on-wheels bikes, slapping the country and western channel on and just driving around.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln