This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Found these spec X720 vs PS4

#21IvanKozlovPosted 1/29/2013 7:22:44 AM
Banana_Mana posted...
rdking96 posted...
Banana_Mana posted...
I want to punch (IN THE BALLS) both the eejits that decided Durango and Orbis were acceptable names.

Seriously, WTF is a Durango?

And Orbis, sounds like a really s**** breakfast cereal trying to be cool (you know like flying saucer shaped cereal).

Screw both those names.

...I kind of like "Durango." Besides this is supposedly a code name for the project. It is totally possible that MS will reveal its actual game when they actually unveil the console and its true specs. Until then it's all just speculation and rumors.

Yah... I still think that whoever thought Durango sounded like anything but a cheesy genre-baiting town in a generic western should be punched square in the goolies.

I still think "Dolphin" is a better name than Wii.
---
When light no longer rose to kiss me, I swore to tear Heaven asunder. As flights of fallen angels wished me "Godspeed on the Devil's Thunder."
#22ILikesCheesePosted 1/30/2013 5:55:53 AM
Banana_Mana posted...
ILikesCheese posted...
Where have you been for the last two weeks when this was first mentioned?

Me?

No. The TC.

Hey everyone! Guess what? Microsoft is working on something called "Illumiroom"! I know it was already making the rounds two weeks ago, but I'm going to go make a new topic and inform everyone about it now!

;)
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#23SparkItUpPosted 1/30/2013 5:57:10 AM
good god, i hope these consoles come out soon...so tired of these "leak" topics...
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqFLXayD6e8
Now don't get me wrong, yeah I think you're alright, but that won't keep me warm in the middle of the night...
#24PoloMan6Posted 1/30/2013 6:56:02 AM
Eagles931 posted...
What's the point of 2 Ethernet ports if I might ask?

Apparently the 2nd port is solely on dev kits...so they can LAN.
#25midgarPosted 2/2/2013 1:50:01 AM
RisingWater posted...
PS4 specs are from devkit

If you want to compare devkits,Durango specs go something like this

12GB RAM
Two quad core Intel Xeon processors,16 threads total
7900 series card(s)

Bullsh**. It won't have a 7900 series card. The 7950 alone is no less than $300.00 for a good one. It still wouldn't be cheap even if they bought in bulk.

And they're both likely going to be using some sort of AMD Bulldozer. Did you just make this up?

Wouldn't it be more useful to use an A-Series APU, since it's being used with an AMD GPU? Low power consumption, dirt cheap, and
probably a higher frame rate w/'dual graphics'. However, if it's a freakin 8 core CPU(WHY??), that would put at a higher end, like an A10..
---
"The key to happiness is disinterest mingled with mild contempt."
Better living through apathy. If you're into that sort of thing.
#26SxmfctPosted 2/2/2013 2:07:32 AM
IvanKozlov posted...
Banana_Mana posted...
rdking96 posted...
Banana_Mana posted...
I want to punch (IN THE BALLS) both the eejits that decided Durango and Orbis were acceptable names.

Seriously, WTF is a Durango?

And Orbis, sounds like a really s**** breakfast cereal trying to be cool (you know like flying saucer shaped cereal).

Screw both those names.

...I kind of like "Durango." Besides this is supposedly a code name for the project. It is totally possible that MS will reveal its actual game when they actually unveil the console and its true specs. Until then it's all just speculation and rumors.

Yah... I still think that whoever thought Durango sounded like anything but a cheesy genre-baiting town in a generic western should be punched square in the goolies.

I still think "Dolphin" is a better name than Wii.

Dolphin became the Gamecube not Wii
---
"We play the game without having to worry about viruses, system instability, OS deterioration, Compatibility issues, or crappy controls." - 95_Eclipse