This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do Games Suck Now a Days Or Am I just Older?

#21GGearXPosted 1/28/2013 10:36:09 PM
Thanks Garfield64! I guess I'll have to try that then.
Oh yeah. What about music or videos?
I always have my headphones on 24/7 ( big audiophile) and like to watch YouTube or anime alot. Do those impact me as well?
---
GT: KryDamoure *Insert cool line here *
.............I'm a very shy guy........
#22josh_bPosted 1/28/2013 10:36:44 PM
Very few games these days interest me more than a day or so. Last game i played from beginning to end was Batman: Arkam City. Other than that i play Battlefield 3 on the pc in short spurts or Forza on the 360.
---
'Happy is he that taketh Thy little ones and dasheth their heads against the stones." Albert H. Fish "GrayMan" Serial killer and Cannibal
#23vigorm0rtisPosted 1/28/2013 10:38:54 PM
Garfield's kind of right about how dopamine affects the brain, but cutting yourself off from digital connectivity isn't going to solve the issue. Dopamine is a 'reward' neurochemical, it's not likely to be triggered by information seeking, but if you're involved in a lot of things-- work, sports, competitive gaming, etc, you can get overextended.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#24aamotPosted 1/28/2013 10:40:01 PM
Do Games Suck Now a Days Or Am I just Older?

Yes.
---
"I dare you to make less sense."
#25Garfield64Posted 1/28/2013 10:46:40 PM(edited)
GGearX posted...
Thanks Garfield64! I guess I'll have to try that then.
Oh yeah. What about music or videos?
I always have my headphones on 24/7 ( big audiophile) and like to watch YouTube or anime alot. Do those impact me as well?

ONLY, SHORT burst of information.

Commercials do it. Short youtube/music videos will do it to.

Anime will have the opposite effect actually MAKE you able to be happy and lose dopamine. Unless it's a random stupid American like anime.

Easy way to know when it's happening. When you start to "faze" and do repetitive routine that deals with repeating similar task.

If you are actively finding songs and video you like. Laughing smiling and enjoying your self. You're fine.

If you are staring blankly at monitor constantly watching video back to back then you're getting high off Dopamine.
---
WARNING: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
Is a very well known Troll, please do not fall for their shenanigans!