This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your Easiest & Anti-Climax boss?

#41DarthSchubertPosted 1/29/2013 9:02:14 AM
Twinmold posted...
You guys do know that just because somebody is the last enemy you kill doesn't make him a boss right? Fable 2 has no end boss, because there is no boss fight. Doesn't mean that the ending wasn't awful, but all the same.

That's true - like the dishonored example above - that game didn't have bosses. But I think Fable 2 does qualify as a boss. The game had numerous bosses, it's not like it was bending conventions or anything.
---
"Life is like a box of chocolates. Diabetics can't enjoy either."
#42Walkman_005Posted 1/29/2013 9:18:56 AM
rdking96 posted...
Raven-411 posted...
Halo 4.

Dear Lord what a let down. Press X to kill.

This!

Then again...Halo isn't really known for boss battles. More so the swarms of enemies you fight through to reach the ending showdown!

Halo 3 had the EPIC double scarab boss battle. Explain how we went from that to stupidity that is no boss fights in 4!
#43EdgeofDarknessPosted 1/29/2013 9:27:40 AM
Demon Souls, had to beat this one when the boss was essentially designed to be easy and anti climatic
#44TwinmoldPosted 1/29/2013 9:36:22 AM
But I think Fable 2 does qualify as a boss. The game had numerous bosses, it's not like it was bending conventions or anything.

Yeah, but a game can have bosses, but no final boss. A final boss is a clear cut, "this is the end of the game enemy challenge." He doesn't have to be the main enemy, he doesn't even have to be the last thing you fight, so long as he's near the end of the game. Nothing about Lucien's situation indicated he is a boss.

Spoilers for Fable 2.

You literally listen to Lucien talk you down, and at any point you can tap the ranged button and shoot him once to kill him. How is that a boss in any way? There is no interactivity, he doesn't even attack you. Nothing that can do no damage to you is a boss.

I will agree he was anti-climatic as all hell, but he is still not a boss.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCptDecaf
#45BahamutBBobPosted 1/29/2013 9:38:30 AM
Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando

Bouncer at level 2, killed the boss way before I ran out of ammo.
---
XBL / PSN: BahamutBBob
#46Killah PriestPosted 1/29/2013 9:39:04 AM
I find all bosses stupid so every single one ever.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#47pothocketPosted 1/29/2013 9:41:25 AM
Killah Priest posted...
I find all bosses stupid so every single one ever.

Step aside everyone! Badass coming through!
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#48VincentVegaPosted 1/29/2013 9:41:38 AM
Fable II and III. In III I didn't actually know I was fighting the final boss, I thought it would have another form and I was never hit by it. Disappointing.
---
"I'm no hero. Never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer, hired to do some wet work."
Old Snake in Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
#49Killah PriestPosted 1/29/2013 9:43:25 AM
Step aside everyone! Badass coming through!

I think everyone knows this by now, I generally have my own badass theme song playing too when I come through.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#50JKSonicPosted 1/29/2013 9:44:03 AM
Dark Souls was easiest and most anti-climatic, lol. I had unknowingly built one of the best builds in the game (a pyro build) and destroyed him on my first try...I don't even think I lost half my health. I didn't find out I basically built my guy to be "easymode" until I had already spent far too much time on the game to restart.
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."