This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your Easiest & Anti-Climax boss?

#51justdontaskPosted 1/29/2013 10:03:14 AM
easiest: Ivanovna from Front Mission 4... kill her before she even gets to shoot me, and she has the single unit with the highest amount of hp...

anti-climactic: not entirely sure... most of my games have a respectable final boss fight compared to the rest of the game...
---
the only part of gamefaqs i like are the walkthroughs for games i like.
trolls avoid large blocks of text they can't criticize for all to see.
#52RPG_ApostlePosted 1/29/2013 10:09:34 AM
Bioshock 1's final boss.

Seriously? That was all?
---
Then mark him if he violates the rules and shut up. Baseman, GameFAQs Moderator
#53SnuffSevenfoldXPosted 1/29/2013 10:22:01 AM
Easiest: Nowdays it feels like Safer Sephiroth.
Anti Climactic: Alduin. Felt no different to any other dragon fight although I think until Bethesda bother to properly sort out the combat it's indicative of every battle in TES.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watchfeature=player_embedded&v=cJbTyFzqZu0
#54NinogerritsPosted 1/29/2013 10:23:27 AM
Bowser in Super Mario Galaxy 2. Sure, the music was epic, but you can beat him in under a minute. The previous phase (which was also pretty easy) was in comparison much harder.
#55DarthSchubertPosted 1/29/2013 10:36:55 AM
Twinmold posted...
But I think Fable 2 does qualify as a boss. The game had numerous bosses, it's not like it was bending conventions or anything.

Yeah, but a game can have bosses, but no final boss. A final boss is a clear cut, "this is the end of the game enemy challenge." He doesn't have to be the main enemy, he doesn't even have to be the last thing you fight, so long as he's near the end of the game. Nothing about Lucien's situation indicated he is a boss....

Yeah, I get what you are saying. I just disagree with Lucien being/ not being played up as the boss. Maybe they played with expectations a bit and that's clever and all, but Lucien was clearly setup for confrontation with the protagonist. He fit the boss archetype to a tee - even if the player did not engage in a duel, he was the boss. And therein was the problem.

I think this is going to end up as a matter of opinion. He "felt" like a boss to me.

Here's a different perhaps more agreeable example - the Sandman in the Spiderman : The Move; The game (I don't even remember the real title...) he was 40% fighting , 60% Quick Time Events. Hate hate hate hate hate.
---
"Life is like a box of chocolates. Diabetics can't enjoy either."
#56AldathPosted 1/29/2013 10:40:10 AM
-EASIEST BOSS:

I'll have to say Nyx Avatar from Persona 3

-ANTI-CLIMATIC-

...A battle between The Senescal from Dragon's Dogma and Yu Yevon from FFX
---
"imagine if Metallica got together with the Power Rangers and the coolest kids in school and had a party in your mouth, and you were invited" THE_WIND
#57SandOnMyBootPosted 1/29/2013 10:40:47 AM
Safer Sephiroth
#58darkdragon_9600Posted 1/29/2013 10:42:24 AM
Easiest final boss? Can't be easier than the one one Gears 2.

Most anti-climatic? DmC's, hands down. And then again, it's not even remotely hard. It just sucks.
---
Can I haz cheezburger?
#59jonsushiPosted 1/29/2013 10:42:54 AM
JKSonic posted...
Dark Souls was easiest and most anti-climatic, lol. I had unknowingly built one of the best builds in the game (a pyro build) and destroyed him on my first try...I don't even think I lost half my health. I didn't find out I basically built my guy to be "easymode" until I had already spent far too much time on the game to restart.

May I ask how your build went, like as in more specifics? Unless it really was just what you said. :)

I'm just curious.

And my first thought to this question was Fable 2. I think it fits both categories. I think whether or not it can actually be considered a boss is a matter of opinion. I don't see the point in arguing over it really. Anyways, I remember exactly how I felt when I got to that point in the game. I was just like "Uh...really?" Very anti-climatic.

But the whole concept and use of bosses has changed over time. Well at least the use of them. It used to be that every game had boss battles. It was a given. But when more and more games started having actual stories, boss battles can be incredibly out of place.

On the flip side of this question, has anyone played Binary Domain? That had some pretty awesome bosses. Very underrated game.

---
Playing: Borderlands 2(PS3), Mark of the Ninja, X-COM EU (360)
Wants: The Last of Us, BioShock Infinite, HL3
#60seankimberley42Posted 1/29/2013 10:43:40 AM
Killah Priest posted...
Step aside everyone! Badass coming through!

I think everyone knows this by now, I generally have my own badass theme song playing too when I come through.

I hear the theme from shaft whenever you post in a topic.
---
Twilight is like Soccer: 2 hours of people running around, no one scoring and millions of fans telling me I don't get it. - Maliice