This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your Easiest & Anti-Climax boss?

#61JKSonicPosted 1/29/2013 10:55:35 AM
May I ask how your build went, like as in more specifics? Unless it really was just what you said. :)

I'm just curious.

I definitely don't remember specifics or I'd give them to you. I have it on PC now (got it super cheap) so I sold my XBox version.

Basically I just went pyro and also focused on a lot of strength. I upgraded to a few more spell slots as well and of course spent TONS of souls leveling up all my spells. At the end I was wearing that armor that made me look like a ring wraith and I know I used the stone skin spell or whatever it was as I was fighting the boss.
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
#62BombermanGoldPosted 1/29/2013 10:57:12 AM
I'm in a bit of shock that no one here has played any of the Gradius shoot-em-ups.

If so, would render the rest of this damn thread null and void, as it has BOTH criteria covered (easiest & most anti-climatic).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNTd4cVe1rA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMhNDVPtRfs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElGF9a87W8Q
---
"I will be your superhero!!!"
Xbox GT & PSN ID: BombermanGOLD
#63AnonymousLonerPosted 1/29/2013 10:58:22 AM
* obvious spoilers *

Yu Yevon in Final Fantasy X. They thought they were being clever with the auto-heal but not when all it takes is one Reflect spell on it. It can't dispel it either and its offense sucks, especially compared to the Lord Braska you fought just before (Mega Flare his pagodas, I dare you).
---
"You can get can flipped just as easily in low-sec or null-sec as you can in high-sec. Think about it for a moment before you type." - pyber80
#64googlerPosted 1/29/2013 11:04:47 AM
Jonah at the end of Army of Two: 40th Day
#65memphis12(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 11:05:52 AM
jonsushi posted...
JKSonic posted...
Dark Souls was easiest and most anti-climatic, lol. I had unknowingly built one of the best builds in the game (a pyro build) and destroyed him on my first try...I don't even think I lost half my health. I didn't find out I basically built my guy to be "easymode" until I had already spent far too much time on the game to restart.

May I ask how your build went, like as in more specifics? Unless it really was just what you said. :)

I'm just curious.

And my first thought to this question was Fable 2. I think it fits both categories. I think whether or not it can actually be considered a boss is a matter of opinion. I don't see the point in arguing over it really. Anyways, I remember exactly how I felt when I got to that point in the game. I was just like "Uh...really?" Very anti-climatic.

But the whole concept and use of bosses has changed over time. Well at least the use of them. It used to be that every game had boss battles. It was a given. But when more and more games started having actual stories, boss battles can be incredibly out of place.

On the flip side of this question, has anyone played Binary Domain? That had some pretty awesome bosses. Very underrated game.

Ascended Pyro Glove + 5
Silver Knight Shield

Stats in End & Health, others just in to use whatever weapon took my fancy at the time.

Just use Chaos Great Fireball, Great Combustion. Heal behind the pointy rocks & when he goes to grab or kick you step back & Combustion till he dies.
---
'I wrestled with an alligator,I tussled with a whale,only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick.'
#66Dalton Of ZealPosted 1/29/2013 11:08:13 AM
Both answers are Fable 2 last boss.
#67Killah PriestPosted 1/29/2013 11:08:22 AM
I hear the theme from shaft whenever you post in a topic.

lol =)
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#68lv54spacemonkeyPosted 1/29/2013 11:30:49 AM
Everyone knows the best anti-climax boss of all time is Mysterio in Spider-Man 2.
---
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c6/lvl54spacemonkey/Tink.gif Le 360 generale. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000325-xbox-360-general-social
#69UmitenchoPosted 1/29/2013 11:43:57 AM
Fable 2.
#70BBBanks03Posted 1/29/2013 11:52:36 AM
Dagoth_Wit posted...
The villain in the latest Borderlands 2 dlc.

Right before you're about to fight, he trips and falls down some stairs. The whole while you see his health depleting. By the time he reaches the bottom, he's dead.

I haven't played the latest DLC yet, but if that's true, that's... pretty hilarious actually. I might be somewhat annoyed that I didn't have anyone to fight, but I'd be annoyed and laughing.

Anti-climactic: definitely Skyrim. **SPOILERS**

As the other guy mentioned, Alduin was basically a regular dragon with a little more health, and after you beat him, everyone around you says "you've defeated Alduin! We're saved! Happy times! No credits, tho! Game keeps'a going!" And that's it. I've played NES games with more elaborate finales.
---
Can someone bum me a sig? I'm fresh out.