This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your Easiest & Anti-Climax boss?

#71SerpenterRexPosted 1/29/2013 11:02:05 AM
Just beat Halo 4 with my sister, and found the last boss to be nearly as disappointing as Lucian from Fable 2. Them two are at the top of my list anyway.

Microsoft exclusives seem to have trouble grasping the concept of boss battle.
#72pothocketPosted 1/29/2013 11:24:48 AM(edited)
BBBanks03 posted...
Dagoth_Wit posted...
The villain in the latest Borderlands 2 dlc.

Right before you're about to fight, he trips and falls down some stairs. The whole while you see his health depleting. By the time he reaches the bottom, he's dead.

I haven't played the latest DLC yet, but if that's true, that's... pretty hilarious actually. I might be somewhat annoyed that I didn't have anyone to fight, but I'd be annoyed and laughing.

Anti-climactic: definitely Skyrim. **SPOILERS**

As the other guy mentioned, Alduin was basically a regular dragon with a little more health, and after you beat him, everyone around you says "you've defeated Alduin! We're saved! Happy times! No credits, tho! Game keeps'a going!" And that's it. I've played NES games with more elaborate finales.

It is pretty hilarious and don't worry, you'll have someone to fight.

For Skyrim though, I thought being in the company of such epic heroes was pretty climatic.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#73LimblessQuasarPosted 1/29/2013 11:16:16 AM
Did anyone say Rage? Does that count? Not easiest, but most anti-climactic end, maybe ever.
---
Its only like 70 years away. By then, ill just be hitting my stride. Like the PS3. - Skul_
#74RahzarXPosted 1/29/2013 11:19:02 AM
Gears of War 3 had the worst.

End of topic, all other opinions are moot.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#75BlueJester007Posted 1/29/2013 11:23:10 AM
lv54spacemonkey posted...
Everyone knows the best anti-climax boss of all time is Mysterio in Spider-Man 2.

Three life bars all destroyed by one Spider-Man punch.
---
Math illiteracy affects every 7 out of 5 people.
#76pothocketPosted 1/29/2013 11:27:46 AM
RahzarX posted...

Are you in the right topic or just confused? Gears 3 had a real final boss, Gears 2 was the joke.
---
#77RahzarXPosted 1/29/2013 11:35:25 AM
pothocket posted...
RahzarX posted...

Are you in the right topic or just confused? Gears 3 had a real final boss, Gears 2 was the joke.

Just confused.

You are indeed correct, Gears 2 is what I meant.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#78thegreatcthulhuPosted 1/29/2013 11:41:35 AM
Easiest: Final Fantasy 8

Anti-Climatic: Demons Souls' last boss

I'll have to agree with the topic creator on Kingdoms of Amalur. The last boss was ridiculously easy. They should have given it attacks that actually hurt and/or made the fight more interesting.
---
"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."
#79DarkGam3rPosted 1/29/2013 11:43:45 AM
Easy boss: First armored vehicle in MGS Peace Walker. It was fun, while also easy.

Anti-Climax boss: Return To Castle Wolfenstein's final boss. I thought I was gonna have a worthy fight that would cause me to die the first few tries. Guess not.
---
"I'm no hero."
#80pothocketPosted 1/29/2013 11:44:07 AM
Oh yeah, speaking of BL2 DLC bosses. How about that boss from the first DLC? I honestly think Gearbox forgot to program in his attack routines.
---