This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your Easiest & Anti-Climax boss?

#81tracazoidPosted 1/29/2013 12:11:21 PM(edited)
Fable 2 spoiler he kills your dog and your sister and nothing comes of it, ever. They built you up to hate Lucian and in the end you don't even get a fight and another character can finish the job.

I liked the game up until that point yet that left a sour taste in my mouth, Fable 1(base version) at least had a decent fight with Jack and Maze and even the Lost Chapters had a final battle.

Mainly it was the build up that ruined the confrontation, oh he threw you out of a building, killed your sister, has a creepy ass tower where he keeps his captives and shot your dog. You are made to dislike him as time goes on more and more yet in the end another character can finish the game for you and even if you do it yourself it's hardly a satisfying conclusion, it's pretty much the opposite.

Yet that's mine. If they hadn't built up Lucian I would not have cared about the ending results, yet once he shot the dog I was ready to give a butt whooping.
#82beastwarkingPosted 1/29/2013 12:04:34 PM
I'm gonna avoid the games that don't have you actually fighting the boss -

Easiest - Spoilers for Gears of War 2
The infected Brumak. No challenge whatsoever, which is a shame because it had some potential to be a really fun boss fight

Most anti-climactic - Spoilers for Dragon Quest 8
Rapthorne - after all that build up it's nothing more than this fat purple thing A pretty lame end for a fantastic game
---
ba-weep-gra-na-weep-ninny-bong
Hail to the king, baby
#83sinisterorionPosted 1/29/2013 12:39:49 PM
Fable 2 for both.
#84Hitman1102Posted 1/29/2013 12:50:28 PM
vigorm0rtis posted...
Fable 2. You know it's the only answer.

---
Well, I could be wrong, but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era.
#85DCarnagePosted 1/29/2013 1:51:59 PM
Fable 2 for sure...
#86jonsushiPosted 1/29/2013 2:19:56 PM
JKSonic posted...
Basically I just went pyro and also focused on a lot of strength. I upgraded to a few more spell slots as well and of course spent TONS of souls leveling up all my spells. At the end I was wearing that armor that made me look like a ring wraith and I know I used the stone skin spell or whatever it was as I was fighting the boss.

Thanks.

memphis12 posted...
Ascended Pyro Glove + 5
Silver Knight Shield

Stats in End & Health, others just in to use whatever weapon took my fancy at the time.

Just use Chaos Great Fireball, Great Combustion. Heal behind the pointy rocks & when he goes to grab or kick you step back & Combustion till he dies.

Thanks.

---
Playing: Borderlands 2(PS3), Mark of the Ninja, X-COM EU (360)
Wants: The Last of Us, BioShock Infinite, HL3
#87LatchKeyKidPosted 1/29/2013 2:44:30 PM
Just want to defend Fable 2 and Dark Souls. Everyone always brings up Fable 2's "last boss", but I see that part as part of the ending, not a boss fight. The real final boss is that crystal thing on the beach, everything after that is the end. Fable 3, however, fits this topic perfectly.

Dark Souls, not quite the same thing, but similar (Demon Souls is closer False King Allant is the real "final" boss). Gwyn is a hollowed out husk of a god, I don't know if he's intended to be the biggest, baddest, epic boss of the game (that's Ornstein and Smough, lol).
---
FFXI Lakshmi Server: Walsh
#88Res5Posted 1/29/2013 2:48:19 PM
I actually really really like endgame bosses that turn out to be nigh impossible to lose to. These kinds of bosses (See: Wild Arms 2, Baten Kaitos, Persona 3, Final Fantasy X) really set the tone for closure.
---
My theme song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBjQ9tuuTJQ
Most people think they are the odd one out but never truly are. I am that one who actually is. :D
#89PsyloshsrPosted 1/29/2013 2:53:34 PM
Fable 3

The game that got worse as you progressed, right up to the end
---
Sometimes you have to make a stand for your principles if you want to believe in who and what you are.-John Lobon
#90Hitman1102Posted 1/29/2013 7:25:26 PM
LatchKeyKid posted...
Just want to defend Fable 2 and Dark Souls. Everyone always brings up Fable 2's "last boss", but I see that part as part of the ending, not a boss fight. The real final boss is that crystal thing on the beach, everything after that is the end. Fable 3, however, fits this topic perfectly.

Dark Souls, not quite the same thing, but similar (Demon Souls is closer False King Allant is the real "final" boss). Gwyn is a hollowed out husk of a god, I don't know if he's intended to be the biggest, baddest, epic boss of the game (that's Ornstein and Smough, lol).

id agree with you if the whole game wasn't based around you getting revenge on Lucien for killing your sister, shooting you and later shooting your dog. Everything during that game leads you to believe the final battle would be against him.
---
Well, I could be wrong, but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era.